2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Boxart

Well if you haven't read the Boxart topic in the GTA 4 section then please do so. It will give you an idea of what this topic is about only you are making Boxart covers for GTA Vice City Stories instead of GTA 4. You must create and speculate on what you think the cover of Vice City Stories will be, in any kind of GFX program. It can be anything, anything at all. As long as you don't use any rude/offensive pictures.

Rules

You must create an image, in a GFX program, which is your speculation of the Boxart of GTA Vice City Stories. It can be anything.

• No rude/offensive pictures
  • You can submit as many Boxart entries as you wish
  • No spamming
  • No double-posting
I strongly advise you to use Photoshop for this if you can. No entries have to be perfect, not everyone is good and knows the ropes of GFX programs. But the Boxart should look something like what Rockstar have used for the box cover of the previous GTAs; the rating, Rockstar logo, Xbox/PS3/PS2 logo, etc.

I will try to keep this updated with all the entries people have submitted here. But I can't promise anything. Anyway, have fun with this and good luck! smile.gif

Submitted Entries
Noru
Kyofan
Edited by Thunder Jolt

Feel free to use my GTA Box Art Creator (PSD file) in this. You can download my latest one here: http://www.thegtaresource.com/boxart/GTAb_v5.psd  Also note that I will shortly release a special PSP version with the PSP box art template.

Thanks very much for that, it'll give people (including me) a good head start with this. I'll see what I can do later on. smile.gif

You know when the new PSD (with the PSP box template included inside it) will be available for download? I've practically finished everything - all I need now is the actual main case and it's ready to be posted and added to the first post.

That's pretty decent considering it was made and produced in MSN Paint, Noru. icon14.gif

There are of course a lot of things wrong with it though, and that's why Photoshop is a preferred program to use when participating in this..

This is here to appease Thunder Jolt. Who, it would appear, joined three days ago.

user posted image

Does this make a convincing aged claude?

I was planning on using him for the boxart (back cover) as I think a revisit to Vice City now or perhaps three years in the future would make for a good story.

This is here to appease Thunder Jolt. Who, it would appear, joined three days ago.

user posted image

Does this make a convincing aged claude?

I was planning on using him for the boxart (back cover) as I think a revisit to Vice City now or perhaps three years in the future would make for a good story.

Excuse me? I point out something in regards to your topic, I simply explained that this topic is here for you to not only submit your entries of VCS Boxart, but also to discuss things regarding the work and to comment on others' entries. I don't want to start flaming but that line wasn't really necessary and I would have expected more from a member who has been registered here since 2004. smile.gif

As I said in your other topic, needs a lot of work done to it. What is that poorly placed white powdery stuff all over Claude anyways though?

... keep trying. icon14.gif

GTA3Freak-2001

Alright then consider it to appease me as I also preferred you to post your question in this topic then to start a new topic. Keeps the forum neat and tidy. There was no need to be so cocky over something so minor as this.

I'm having a problem with your PSP Edition of the GTA Box Art Creator, Slim Trashman. When I open the document, an error box appears with the message as follows:

"Unknown data has been encountered reading the layer "HIDE THIS GROUP" and will be discarded. Continue?"

After clicking "OK," which is the only available option to do other than cancelling opening the document and another message pops up:

"Some layer sets were found corrupted and repaired." Clicking OK would open the document. Only it doesn't act like a PSD and has no layers; it's just one folder (not a layer) and acts like one single layer. Is something wrong with the file you've provided? Or is it just me?

Either way, I'm hoping to get my entry up tonight. I could use the template CCPD posted...

Added Noru's and Kyofan's entries to the first post. Nice one guys. icon14.gif

hey kyofan and noru. y is there san andreas and liberty city stories stuff on a vice city cover? u just put ur favorite pics from any gta

hey kyofan and noru. y is there san andreas and liberty city stories stuff on a vice city cover? u just put ur favorite pics from any gta

Slim Trashman
Thunder Jolt, what version of Photoshop are you using?

I'm using Photoshop 7..

That may be the problem then. I made it in CS2. Do any of my other templates work for you?

Thunder Jolt, what version of Photoshop are you using?

I'm using Photoshop 7..

That may be the problem then. I made it in CS2. Do any of my other templates work for you?

Nope. Just the recent version you released.

Wait, I'm confused. So just my PSP one doesn't work for you and my other one (v5: http://www.thegtaresource.com/boxart/GTAb_v5.psd) does?

That is indeed correct. That was the case when trying to open your latest boxart release in Photoshop 7, I tried opening it in photoshop 5 and it works now so no worries. smile.gif

Here's a quick one I whipped up:

user posted image

Edited by Thunder Jolt
Slim Trashman

Not bad. The split looks kind of odd compared to how it looks in the real box arts. I also suggest trying to avoid using non-vector images (unless you can vector them) in GTA box arts. Just doesn't feel like GTA, even if they are GTA screens, know what I'm saying? tounge.gif

Not bad. The split looks kind of odd compared to how it looks in the real box arts. I also suggest trying to avoid using non-vector images (unless you can vector them) in GTA box arts. Just doesn't feel like GTA, even if they are GTA screens, know what I'm saying? tounge.gif

I know what you mean. It was just something quickly I did seeing as I wanted it finished and my entry was delayed. But I'll probably have a go at another one some time later on.

That is due to the lack of available VCS media and images, not a slipup dude tounge.gif