1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTA : Counterstrike

KinkyJedi

Errrmmm. None atm tounge.gif

But i only extracted them from CZ about an hour ago smile.gif

Ingame maybe in a day or two, but i have alot of college work to do this week so i wouldnt hold your breath...

We are hoping to get the first alpha out on June 5th...

But once again dont hold your breath...it all depends on any troubles with the coding we may encounter..

Cheerz guys

Kinky x

Thats 2 days after ma birthday biggrin.gif

Am... Kinky can you tell anything more bout that secret playa?

and I have a question fo ya... You know skinning? I have bones stuff and sh*t in mind...

c ya

Hey

Happy birthday for the 3rd tounge.gif

Sorry i cant say nething about the secret player.....apart from there will be more than one......*Coiugh Crowbar ahoy....

And yes i know skinning..........what about bones...n sh*t?

Kinky x

all i can say about the secret player is that it maby wont be the most fameus swat in the world but it will be VERY well done.

tip:the flag

all i will say about the other secret player is that it will be only for super admin's

tip: god of bended pipes.sharpend at the bended part

Quadropheniac90

Very nice mod. Stupid question: Is it legal to convert maps and player models from another game to GTA? Non-Rockstar games that is. smile.gif

Ermm.... yea, this is all illegal...... if Rockstar knew what we are up too, any of us on this forum tounge.gif, they would sue our asses to kingdom come.....Valve are the least of our worries, if they release SDKs for all of their games so you can mod them im sure they wont mind us taking their ideas to a new platform or engine or wateva tounge.gif

Cheerz m8

Kinky x

You people need some balls, grow a dick and stick it to the man, stop being such pussies and make the mod.

ah hahahaha!!!!! ....indeed...... a truely well spoken comment tounge.gif

Fight the power! .... Power to the people .... and all that jazz.. biggrin.gif

Kinky x

I was talking about skin modifier, but you probbably thought it is about making textures... Skin modifier is for connecting characters with bones. This is how you make a character in GTA:SA (I think you dont have to do that fo VC).

So you know SKINNING characters? confused.gif

PS: tnx fo you replay about my birthday tounge2.gif lol

c ya

Looking good KinkyJ, can't wait to see the first player models and maps in game.

Too bad I can't help, I'm still in the middle of exams, but I'm done within 2 weeks.

Keep up the good work!

Greets,

etix

Cheerz guys,

@ Blasevski - lol tounge.gif that thats what i thought.... i dont know how to do skin modifiers for SA im afraid...ive never modded SA but i do intent to at some point..... cant be that hard confused.gif

@ Etix - Heheheh cheerz man.... its a shame to not have you on the team nemore man.... when your done with ur exams ill be happy to see you back on the team tounge.gif untill then have fun with your academic learning smile.gif (i gave up on that a long time ago.... game design is the way forward tounge.gif)

Speak to y'all soon

Kinky x

Holy hell, haven't checked this mod in a while but i'm glad i did! I can't believe how easy you are making it look to get CS models into GTA, the Source player models of the guns looks quality in vice.. keep it up! cool.gif

Can I ask what size are the textures for models and guns? Just average cozz I wanna make shure they will work for everyone... I mean that to high quality textures dont allways work...

c ya

Hey Gys,

@ Zom-B - Cheerz man...nah its not particularily hard but this is my first mod for GTA....i usually mod HL1 and i did a bit for HL2 so i know all the filetypes, compressions, filesystems etc quite well..... helps alot, It did take a long f**kin' time to convert all of those guns from source though......and the maps are proving to be a hell of alot harder...

@ Blazevski - The players are like 700 X 500 and the guns are all 512 X 512

Why?!?! Wont that work for some people? confused.gif and if so....why the hell not?

Kinky x

Edited by KinkyJedi

hmm... cant say anything... I usually use 300 × 300 or so but 512 X 512 is pretty close... And player textures are a bit bigger but hope they will work... here is my suggestion:

Find someone with bad computer and give him files to test (I think that shouldnt be a problem).

I allready used textures bigger than 1000 × 1000 and worked fo me but newer checked if they work on worse computers...

I warned you only cozz I hurd that somewhere... but my opinion is that those should work...

c ya

Yay! i like those player models! happy.gif

How is the map coming along?

Maybe some more ingame screens? happy.gif

This mod is the Pwnage music.gif .

Will download if its released biggrin.gif

Greetz

Yo,

@ Blazevski - Bah.... i dont care

The minimum spec for this is alot higher than standard VC already.... But should go down when we remove the VC map and all the ped paths etc..... We'll see how it goes, but to be honest i dont really care for the well being of people with crappy computers.

They should upgrade tounge.gif

@ Jos - Map is taking its time, it seems to hate VC quite alot confused.gif still trying tho tounge.gif

Ill show some more ingame screens when we have a map and those player models are ingame, player models mayb in a few days

Check back soon...

Kinky x

Edited by KinkyJedi

the textures should be no problem at all, i have sh*te pc and 1204x1024 textures work ok so no worries smile.gif nice work

Nah sorry mate, ive been busy over this past week trying to finish all my A Level coursework confused.gif

I have however found out whats wrong with the map of de_dust.... although im still trying to work out how to fix it...

Here the topic for my problem

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=245522

Hmm... its annoying

Player models will now be put in game over the next few days

Check back for updates

Kinky x

Heres the problem........ Any Help Would Be Great tounge.gif

Hey,

Im making a modification for VC called GTA : Counter-Strike. When im importing maps from CS 1.6 to 3DS MAX via .map format in 3DS the map appears untextured, i presume this is because the Valve Hammer editor in which this map was made applies textures to object differently, ie. u can attach multiple textures to an object and reposition them around it.

But then when i go to apply a new texture and render it it just appears in a block colour which the the mid tone of the texture that should be there? Do i need to somehow unassign the textures that Hammer has attached to the objects? if so how do i do it?

Here a screen so you can see for yourself....

user posted image

The properly textured bit is an object i placed myself and all the others are converted from CS 1.6. As you can see something isnt right. The wall near the centre is supposed to be textured the same as the roof bit. This also causes VC to crash when you put the objects in game so its not just an error with MAX or sumthing.

Im confused.... Im not sure wether anyone will know whats up with this but if you do please tell me....

tounge.gif Kinky x

Edited by KinkyJedi

Am I dont rly know whats with that toll but why dont you just find those textures that are used, apply em to the model (doasnt matter if you apply em as they are in original model because all sh*t is illegall afterall smile.gif ), put those textures in txd file and export the model....

Or is it that you dont really know texturing dontgetit.gif

c ya

Ermmm......

No, its more the fact that the textures wont map to the object, i thinks its because Hammer sets up a different UV Map or sumin.... And i cant remove the textures already applied for HL2 (which dont work in max or maya or anything).....

Yea.... i think ive just got to redo the UV Mapping......dont know how though..

Kinky x

I aint shure thats what you r sayin but if you dont know uvw mapping I can make a tutorials for you cozz as far as I know there are no good tutorials downloadable yet... I saw one but they suck...

Want me to do it?

c ya

When im importing maps from CS 1.6 to 3DS MAX via .map format in 3DS the map appears untextured

Maybe .map doesn't support uwv maping.

Did u try another format?

Nah... its not that.....it is UV mapped but in a strange way that it seems only Hammer World Editor can understand. Weve got the problem solved now though.... Just means making a whole new UVW map for the entire map....... and all the other maps...

Also we are now going to steer this mod towards a release on San Andreas instead of Vice City.

Mainly because SAMP is much better suited for the kind of internet play we are after.....

Hope that doesnt spoil anybodys day tounge.gif

Speak to y'all soon with progress...

Kinky x

You couldnt make any better decision biggrin.gif

Hope thats a result of my posts tounge.gif

c ya