4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
CaptainSpaulding.

Free and Legal movie downloads.

CaptainSpaulding.

Check out some of these free and legal movies available for download. They've become public domain. Definately check out Carnival Of Souls if you haven't already. Also watch Horror Hotel, Nosferatu, and Night Of The Living Dead. Probably 4 of my favorite black and white horror movies.

Archive.org

Edited by CaptainSpaulding.

Bizarro.

That website looks pretty cool. I hope it really is legal like you say. Although, I think this topic might get closed just to be safe. I don't know, it's up to the staff.

fido2

I got addicted to this a while back but had to stop because I ran out of bandwidth.

Some day I'm going to get my arse off this chair and go down to the film archive in town. You can just sit around watching old World War II films all day.

CaptainSpaulding.

That website looks pretty cool. I hope it really is legal like you say. Although, I think this topic might get closed just to be safe. I don't know, it's up to the staff.

It's 100% legal. All the movies, software and audio on that site are public domain.

Some day I'm going to get my arse off this chair and go down to the film archive in town. You can just sit around watching old World War II films all day.

Film archive? I wish my town had one.

anuj

Nah, it's legit. I'm pretty sure the team at archive.org wouldn't risk their entire op over movies.

fido2

Film archive? I wish my town had one.

I didnt know mine had one either until they built a cafe type place in the bottom floor and put up posters around there.

Look it up in the phone book or something, its definately worth checking out. They have everything, they're the people directors call to get footage for documentaries. Sports fans use it to catch missed games.

Demarest
I like many things about cultures of yesteryear, so this is awesome. How do they do that? For free I mean. Like the movie The Truth About Charlie. The DVD comes with the movie it was patterned after (Charade) on the other side. I didn't know that and put Charade on by accident. I liked it so much that 5 minutes into The Truth About Charlie, I had to turn it off because they had already slaughtered it and I'm normally a fan of Mark Wahlberg.

CaptainSpaulding.
I like many things about cultures of yesteryear, so this is awesome. How do they do that? For free I mean.

All the movies/games/applications/audio on the site is now public domain, meaning that anyone can use it for free. Something to do with there not being a copyright or something on them anymore.

Trows

Very nice.

Pity about there being no download for Metropolis, I really wanna see that movie.

Kraknor

Sweet, they have Reefer Madness. Been looking for this (not too hard, obviously).

Demarest
I like many things about cultures of yesteryear, so this is awesome. How do they do that? For free I mean.

All the movies/games/applications/audio on the site is now public domain, meaning that anyone can use it for free. Something to do with there not being a copyright or something on them anymore.

I was referring to storage and bandwidth. Some of their movies are in MPEG2 and some 4 gigabytes in size.

CaptainSpaulding.

I was referring to storage and bandwidth. Some of their movies are in MPEG2 and some 4 gigabytes in size.

Oh, I have no clue.

Venom
Free and Legal don't go together well, but it's legal to download in Sweden wink.gif wink wink.

SWEETSAPRIK

Nice. I already own reefer madness, but there are a few on here I wouldn't mind having.

Downloaded the small version of "Last man on Earth" to play on my iPod next time I take a trip. I've already seen it, but it's still worth having. I think I'm going to grab "Nosferatu" as I've heard of it but never seen it.

Although I want "Night of the Living Dead" first.

Otter

The best part of Archive.org had got to be the Prelinger archives - sooooo much wacky Americana.

In case you were wondering, Captain S, copyright law states that a work becomes public domain 50 years after the death of the copyright holder (or something similar)

Coincidentally, Disney's lawyers have claimed that since Disney Corp. is basically a legal entity -a person, in the eyes of the courts - that films such as Snow White are "above" common copyright laws.

Anyhow - is the Trip to the Moon on there? That's my favorite oldie.