4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Jordan

Indiana Jones 4

Jordan

"I am about to make ‘Indiana Jones 4,’ which is, as far as I am concerned, the sweet dessert I give those who had to chow down on the bitter herbs that I’ve used in ‘Munich."

- Steven Spielberg

Can we finally prepare?

fox09

Harrison Ford is like what? 80 now?

How is he gunna run around whipping people, and stealing expensive artifacts from poor 3rd world countries?

darthYENIK

How is he gunna run around whipping people, and stealing expensive artifacts from poor 3rd world countries?

I take it you havn't seen 'Firewall'.

Anyway. I'm really excited because Lucas and Spielberg are teaming up again, along with Sean Connery and Harrison Ford. It's sad that Denholm Elliott isn't alive to be in it. I've been waiting 17 years for this movie, I can't wait.

EDIT: I just looked into it, and f*ck. Lucas isn't writing it. I hope this new guy doesn't f*ck it up.

Jordan

I take it you havn't seen 'Firewall'.

Anyway. I'm really excited because Lucas and Spielberg are teaming up again, along with Sean Connery and Harrison Ford. It's sad that Denholm Elliott isn't alive to be in it. I've been waiting 17 years for this movie, I can't wait.

EDIT: I just looked into it, and f*ck. Lucas isn't writing it. I hope this new guy doesn't f*ck it up.

John Rhys-Davies better be in it (Sallah).

Mav.

Indiana Jones 4

It says that George Lucas is writing it.

Anyway, can't wait for this movie.

cice

He's actually in Australia right now, doing promotional work for his latest film.

GTA3Freak-2001
Yeah he is getting on but I still think he has it still as does Sean Connery who is older so I think this will be great. I saw the trailer for Firewall and it looks really good.

flitcroft101

I hope they bring back the giant bolder inlove.gif

This movie is gonna kick ass. -kthx

darthYENIK
suicidal.gif Someone told me that someone else is writing it. They must've meant the screenplay not the script, which is being written by someone else. So good. That's a relief.

TenaciousD.

i hope Indiana Jones 4 is good, if not i will lose all atih in archiologists

WidowMaker
"I am about to make ‘Indiana Jones 4,’ which is, as far as I am concerned, the sweet dessert I give those who had to chow down on the bitter herbs that I’ve used in ‘Munich."

- Steven Spielberg

Can we finally prepare?

You make that sound like a good thing, as opposed to flogging a dead horse, which is what it is.

Lucas is a f*cking hack, luckily he's not getting near the script, he's only getting a writing credit for coming up with the concept of Indiana Jones in the first place.

Do they really feel the need to ruin this perfectly good trilogy with what will no f*cking doubt turn out to be a crap, unneeded sequel?

Grandthefter

Have some faith widow, it could be good. There is the chance that it couldn ruin the trilogy, but as i said before - it could be a success. I'm sure Spielburg is aware of what he'll have to perform towards and i could be done. Only time will tell

GTA3Freak-2001

Hmm yeah I guess its almost like creating Back to the Future 4 or something when really its not needed so to a degree I agree with ya widow but I reckon it could be good the main word being "could"

Did anyone in Australia see Harrison Ford on Rove Live last night? Didn't he look so umm uncomfortable and almost nervous even?

papanesta
Do they really feel the need to ruin this perfectly good trilogy with what will no f*cking doubt turn out to be a crap, unneeded sequel?

Seems to be happening a lot.

Die Hard as well.

darthYENIK

Hmm yeah I guess its almost like creating Back to the Future 4 or something when really its not needed so to a degree I agree with ya widow but I reckon it could be good the main word being "could"

Did anyone in Australia see Harrison Ford on Rove Live last night? Didn't he look so umm uncomfortable and almost nervous even?

He always looks like that.

And widowmaker, A hack? He's what made the first three movies good, among other factors. But excellent writing on the part of George Lucas was one of the main reasons Indiana Jones is such a beloved series. I do understand that you dislike the new star wars, a lot of people do. but besides those movies, he's done nothing but good.

just another thug
I can only see this flopping. I really really want to convince myself that this could work and be amazing, but it's not going to be. Don't get your hopes up.

Mav.

Yeah, I know what you mean. He was kinda "placid".

But the interview was still pretty funny.

Ottae

John Rhys-Davies better be in it (Sallah).

Yeah, he was in a bond film of I'm not mistaken, great actor

I've been waiting ages for number 4, the "Young Indiana Jones" series was a bit sh*t though.

Big Slow

Someone break the news to TeOS.

I can't wait personally. Yea, it may be a bit excessive, but you never know what can happen. Indiana Jones always has an open door to a new story, so it's different than a Back to the Future 4 or a Die Hard 53 or whatnot. I have high hopes for it.

SWEETSAPRIK

Great, now that douchebag can screw up another good series.

Don't get me wrong, not only did I love the Indiana Jones movies, but I'm also a big fan of both Harrison Ford, and Sean Connery. Still, Lucas is involved, so why does anyone think there will be anything other than two hours of CGI?

I swear, if they f*ck this up I'll be pissed.

TenkratFIN

Waiting for this movie, Indiana Jones trilogy is one of the best trilogies in the world. Harrison Ford, is he really starring? Oh god.

darthYENIK

Great, now that douchebag can screw up another good series.

Don't get me wrong, not only did I love the Indiana Jones movies, but I'm also a big fan of both Harrison Ford, and Sean Connery. Still, Lucas is involved, so why does anyone think there will be anything other than two hours of CGI?

I swear, if they f*ck this up I'll be pissed.

He is ONLY writing and probably executive producing it. He has little to nothing to do with deciding if the movie has CGI or not. He will only screwup a series that he has complete control over. And I'm pretty sure he trusts spielberg steven f*cking (I don't give a f*ck what your opinion is, he IS the greatest director of all time) spielberg enough to do a good job.

SWEETSAPRIK
You've got me there, I mean he is "spielberg steven f*cking spielberg" and all.

darthYENIK
Duh, good one george.

TEoS

Someone break the news to TeOS.

tounge.gif

I really want this to be good, with all my heart. Indiana Jones was my hero as a kid, and it would just crush my inner child if this movie turned out to be sh*t. Spielberg's involvement gives me a glimmer of hope, but I can't honestly see this turning out good.

Ford is one of my all time favorite actors, but he's too old to play this kind of role. The only way I can see this working is if Indy plays more of a role model to a younger adventurer. But even then, it takes the focus off the person who made the series great. Plus they'd probably hire some boner for an actor like Hayden Christiansen to play the part.

I don't know if I wll be seeing this, but if I do I will avoid all reviews. I don't want any negative reviews to poison me against it.