3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

X-Seti

GTA: State of Liberty - SCM Coding.

X-Seti

To make a demo-vid we need a powerful PC, this is fast but it lags at 10 fps with fraps recording gameglay with sound.

SCM coding out for the summer, I don't have a problem with that, it's a good idea.

Then summer time comes Mapping on my part is going to slow too, I am going to be out and about but I will find time to mod, I just don't want to be sitting around on here, when it's nice out there.

I am going to make up I time table, so we know who is doing what and when, like I might be going

back to england for a bit.

I like the ferry idea aswell.

@Tux: I didnt have a problem putting vehicles in LC? I know there is a limit, so do we have to use all the limits just for VC or is it best for now to spread them out?

X-Seti

Ummm Weird, Connection to the server was laggy, anywho read above.

tux.coder

Can you give me the permission to edit the first post of this topic ? ı can make a table about what is done/what is remaining.

We really have problems with parked cars.ı have a function set which checks which island you're on.I thought re-defining parked cars for specific island would work but no chance.Somebody'll crack the limit or we'll have much less cars, 185 for the total state.

The-end

isn't there anoter way to spawn the cars except with scm? how about ipl?

or you could create some sort of trainer that comes with sol that boots on startup off sol and like injects the car spawns? or is that not possible? - The-end

Quadropheniac90

Mission 3 and 6 complete! Now I'm gonna work on 2 and 4. smile.gif

.:Teun:.

Edited by teun.steenbekkers

X-Seti
Can you give me the permission to edit the first post of this topic ? ı can make a table about what is done/what is remaining.

We really have problems with parked cars.ı have a function set which checks which island you're on.I thought re-defining parked cars for specific island would work but no chance.Somebody'll crack the limit or we'll have much less cars, 185 for the total state.

tux post the table here, i'll post it onto page one

Quadropheniac90

Mission 2 finished with text, off course no fancy cinematics, only crappy ingame animations. But it looks pretty good, I'm happy with it. smile.gif Starting on Mission 4. smile.gif

X-Seti

Apon my next update (Say 2 weeks), where abouts are we with missions?

Would I atleast beable to add 4 missions?

tux.coder

6 missions planned.4 are done.Remaining missions are 4 and 5 by me.I don't know what teun was thinking while writing that reply, 4 and 5 will be written by me.

2 weeks are enough for a working scm with 6 missions.But there's a problem: Some missions need high wanted levels, so have you took care of that exe bug ? If not, we have to remove some missions from demo scm or at least disable wanted-parts of missions.

At the moment, I'm working on Mission 4.

You almost never give an answer related to parked cars limit.Please say something on them.If you can't crack it, I'll just enable standard VC cars and disable LC car set completely.We have both cars (I converted LC cars with some scripts I made) but I can toggle them easily.

When it's ready, I'll put it into my directory on ftp and announce it here.I'm also thinking of adding some other gameplay features as well, since there isn't any.(e.g. vc ammu-nations, stadium games, races and etc...)

Edited by tux.coder

X-Seti

Laggy forum, Dubble post.

I hope i dont have to upload the mod today.

Edited by Mc-Kay

X-Seti

You almost never give an answer related to parked cars limit.Please say something on them.If you can't crack it, I'll just enable standard VC cars and disable LC car set completely.We have both cars (I converted LC cars with some scripts I made) but I can toggle them easily.

Some people don't listen to me when I say the exe has a bug.

And yes I have told you about the problems im having with the exe, and i've also said that we should stick with the VC cars until we can sort the problems out.

Problems with the exe are well noted on the threads all around GTA forums, it would be helpful if they was in one place.

So here are problem again:

Game will crash with more them 2 stars.

Crash when you flip you car.

Crach if you hit a cop car.

These are problems that come with hacking the exe, and I need Andy to help me sort these out, right now his is out of the picture and I have no idea when he will beable to help us out.

Tux: If you have anything directly to say to me, Please use MSN, Please don't post your issues with me over the forum.

tux.coder

Also, game crashes with 2 stars as well, i tried it.

Okay, I'll switch off LC cars in scm for now.

I'm trying to get missions working, i hope i can finish both two at the time.

I'm listening, you know I found that bug while writing mission 1 tounge.gif

I hope andy will help a bit...

Quadropheniac90

Keith means the models of LC cars I think, but Tux means the limit of parked cars which can be placed at the moment. But I think we should fix the EXE and map problems first... smile.gif

Quadropheniac90

Tux, we need to make the intro soon, Keith told he'd look into the cutscene interiors soon, so when that's done, we can start coding it! And we should start making more missions, but you seem to be very busy with school, so I won't bother you. When I finish this week's tests and monday, I'll have time I think. smile.gif

tux.coder

I'll write 4 and 5, just give me more time that I can breath a moment form my course projects.

We don't really need an intro for demo.That'd spoil the storyline but if you say ok, it's possible.But I say that'd reveal the storyline and we'd lose the biggest suprise, our good designed storyline.

Btw, when you have some time, try to finish your missions AND test them in ALL conditions.Consider all things that are possible.

Quadropheniac90

I didn't mean releasing it yet, but if we have everything finished by the time the final version comes, we don't need another 3 months to code stuff. smile.gif

X-Seti

I've fixed the bug with the car collisions..

Now, I need to change the scm for this release..

Move the skimmer out the way of the bridge onramp.

I might replace the SCM just for this version, because im unable to edit anything SCM, because of some line you have added to the GXT file.

Quadropheniac90

Tux, where are ya? I'm getting a bit worried here. I'm still doing the intro, so far it works, but the first part of it is kinda hard, I have some ideas for it, but I dunno yet. And the missions after 6 need to be made too. I can start on them when I finish the intro but I have school now too. sad.gif

@Keith: Nice work on fixing those 2 EXE probs. wink.gif

X-Seti

Tux, where are ya? I'm getting a bit worried here. I'm still doing the intro, so far it works, but the first part of it is kinda hard, I have some ideas for it, but I dunno yet. And the missions after 6 need to be made too. I can start on them when I finish the intro but I have school now too. sad.gif

@Keith: Nice work on fixing those 2 EXE probs. wink.gif

I've replaced the SOL scm for now, (check the maps thread)

I'm working on something better for the next release with online options

Mission/SCM coders needed.

chaosislife

hey guys,got a bit of a scm coding question for you and I figured this would be the best spot for it.Could you tell me how to install new coding (steed,nitro,armorall) to ths SOL main scm?I've tried using bartons to do it but it gives me that fun gxt table does not match error.It'll decompile with sanny builder but it won't recomile even if i haven't changed anything.the only one bartons will decompile is the ONLINE.scm but even once I got that changed and recompiled,the new code had no ingame effect.figuring that that was due to the game not using the ONLINE.scm except for online gaming I even went so far as to try using the ONLINE.scm as the MAIN(copy and rename).that loaded up well but moved the start point to VC and still had no effect ingame.

So basically what I'm wondering is if you all could tell me just where to put the code in your SCM so that the new code will work or do I need to use a san-an based compiler instead of VC? At the very least having some sort of steed spawn would be extremely helpful as I keep destroying every vehicle I get in and I have no desire whatsoever to drive sanely(I like hitting things),also once I've lost the one i'm driving trying to find a new one is...well difficult, especially when I'm in an area that doesn't have any paths set yet and therefore no cars driving about.I'd like to check out the map and all that but having to load a new game every time I kill my car gets tiring.

thanks all

tux.coder

Ummm, most probably it won't be open-source, there'll be exclusives for this mod.Especially codes that are taken with permission cannot be opened easily.

Y_Less

Ummm, most probably it won't be open-source, there'll be exclusives for this mod.Especially codes that are taken with permission cannot be opened easily.

How are you going to stop people decompiling the SCM? Anything that can be done can be undone (and if you have a method of stopping decompilation I've not heard of or developed I'll be very impressed). There are also a number of smarter compilers about which can decompile SCM which MB can't (MB actually sucks for it).

Also, GTANet is a big supporter of Open Source and any mods not are greatly frowned upon and shunned.

chaosislife

ok so I understand the 'protecting your work' bit (Already had that discussion about SOL earlier),but is there any chance you all could add a steed spawn to the code for the next beta?It'd be helpful for checking out the map and all during the beta stages at least.Also another idea might be to change the wasted/busted respawn point to the primary start point rather than wherever in VC so we at least can get ahold of another vehicle as the random ped vehicles don't show up too frequently on my slow computer.

tux.coder

@chaosislife: We currently are not developing the scm.Mc-kay has a temporary one which will be appended what we've done before.

@Y_Less: Yup, but at least we can state it's restricted.You know there are mods that you can't take code from since it's stated that you can't.Practically you can but this would be stealing.We're watching gta mods and if there will be something fishy, we can decompile suspected code and take a look if there's something stolen.That's just the best way afaik.

Quadropheniac90

@Tux: Are you busy still? Coding has to start soon tounge.gif.

tux.coder

Such a long time with no posts eh?

Don't ever think that we're not working on scm, or it is dead tounge.gif

I was working on the scm all summer, but not to disappoint you, it's not completed or completed %50, since I'm the only one working on it.

But still, the scm is coming along nicely.The scm has many features such as ammu-nations, interiors, buyable properties, working gang locations, pickups and etc working.The point here is, I converting some parts of the vc code into custom labels(like ammu-nation) meanwhile i've also done a lot of nicer interior base code when compared to the original.The reason behind this conversion of code is; if we happen to switch to SA engine someday, it'll be faster and easier to move the scm into it, and that's why the progress has been going slowly.But built on a good structure, sol's scm will almost be %100 trouble-free and stable.It has 5 telephone missions on it.(For some kind of demonstration of sol) When I sort out almost %100 of vice city features(which are in the original game), I'll start expanding the main features to liberty city and ceate a demo scm for a public release.Just don't expect it neither soon nor later.I won't stop coding again but the progress won't be so fast as my school is starting tomorrow.

Looks like not posting here made a sense like we're not working or the scm part is dead, so I'll try to post updates as they come.

So, stay tuned and don't forget to throw out any ideas/suggestions/feedback if you got some.