4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
TommyAngelo

Underworld: Evolution

TommyAngelo

So yeah Underworld: Evolution came out in Australia 3 days ago and I decided to go see it, It was a great movie but, it was quite weird at times.Like I lost contact with the movie, couldn't get into some parts etc. I'm not going to explain the movie to you, because I don't want to ruin it for you.

But damn! is Kate Beckinsale hot!, I'd have to say, she's one of the most hottest women to date. I would just go to see this movie for her (I did).

Oh and it is twice as good as the original.

Post what you think of it, tell me what you thinked.

Goodfella.

I liked the first one, was going to go see this but the reviews put me off, went to see Jarhead instead. I'll see it eventually though.

Oh and beware the WidowMaker...

Alegzander

This doesn't exactly seem like any sort of average action movie, but it does seem sort of generic in a way. I predict it will have an alright script, not exactly the most entertaining but still pretty cool storyline, but it will seem like it's just missing something.

a_fool_from_edinburgh

Alegzander Posted on Jan 22 2006, 14:37

This doesn't exactly seem like any sort of average action movie, but it does seem sort of generic in a way. I predict it will have an alright script, not exactly the most entertaining but still pretty cool storyline, but it will seem like it's just missing something.

My sentiments precisley, i'll probably wait for its DVD release. All the same however i was pleasently surprised by the original as i expected it to be total trash.

And lets not forget how hot Kate Beckinsdale is, mmmmmmm

saintdave

I went to see it last night, good film, lots of action, great amounts of gore, and Kate was very hot I got to agree. I think they went over the top on the old guns and shootings etc I prefer the first film but this was still cool.

Rayo Puño
The movie doesn't interest me, but I saw the chick on Conan a few nights ago. So hot.

captain biggo

went to see it on sunday thought it was a damn good film Kate Beckinsale ( fit as even the missus agreed that she would do her biggrin.gif ) got a little lost at one point in the film but other than that id give it 9 out of 10 icon14.gif

InviSniper

Went and saw it Sunday at noon and wow. Really good movie. The plot has some stunning twists. The fight scenes are very good, but no Matrix. It's more of a love story than the first though (It's really not too bad. I could stand it. Of course "standing it" means seeing Kate Beckinsale half-nude.). It really takes you back into how the Lycans and Vampires first came to be though. Really surprised the heck out of me seeing how it started. acting has improved immensly too. The enviornments really show that it's no longer a low-budget flick. The ending fight and final scene was absolutely stunning. REALLY insane.

I guess I'm just a fan of the series so I'm biased, but go and see it for yourselves. I got the soundtrack already. biggrin.gif Very Happy Some good music on it. My Chemical Romance, Slipknot, Alkaline Trio, Atreyu, Cradle of Filth among others.

Rivax

I saw it on Sunday. It was ok, I suppose. I really have no base of comparison since I’ve never seen the first one. I guess I’ll just rent it.

But yeah, some of the action scenes were pretty cool, but nothing I though was overly spectacular.

If there was one thing that stuck out, it was the very good special effects

Blizzar
Haven't seen it yet, but a friend said it was utter sh*te. I believe him.

TommyAngelo

See it for your self, don't always beleive what your friends think.

Because thats just plain stupid.

Edited by TommyAngelo

Blizzar

See it for your self, don't always beleive what your friends think.

Because thats just plain stupid.

Lol. Thanks for that useful piece of life advice whatsthat.gif

InviSniper

I don't see more people don't like this movie as I did. It has good special effects, good gunfights, hot chicks, plenty of action, a stunning plot, and no wasted time among others.

Rivax

The plot was very basic. Far from stunning, I would say. Might have something to do with me never seeing the first one. Meh.

But yeah, the special effects were very good.

Iden

I was about to see this with a friend last week, but the reviews and what i 've been hearing from other people,...agh..now i'm not so sure if i should see it. Either way, i might watch it because i liked the first one.

Oh yeah, as for Kate Beckinsale. She's hot. yeah, i'm a girl, but i know who's hot and who's not. biggrin.gif

The-end

Im yet to se this film but i will do in time ... it looks pretty good smile.gif

Iden
I'm planning on seeing this movie tomorrow evening. I'll probably come back and give my review later on tomorrow. cool.gif

WidowMaker

Horrible movie, horrible directing, no character develop, a little dialogue now and then wouldn't hurt, it's a f*cking S&M fetish movie.

Anyone going to see a movie just because the leading actress is hot is a f*cking disgrace, you people make me f*cking sick. You're funding these sh*te movies just because of your raging teenage hormones. If it wasn't for you f*cks this movie would never have warranted a sequel in the first place.

Stunning plot? HAHAHA

darthYENIK

Horrible movie, horrible directing, no character develop, a little dialogue now and then wouldn't hurt, it's a f*cking S&M fetish movie.

Anyone going to see a movie just because the leading actress is hot is a f*cking disgrace, you people make me f*cking sick. You're funding these sh*te movies just because of your raging teenage hormones. If it wasn't for you f*cks this movie would never have warranted a sequel in the first place.

Stunning plot? HAHAHA

Although I do agree with you that the movie sucks, I have to say. People see movies for entertainment. If it's entertaining to see a hot peice of ass, then so be it.

InviSniper

Stunning plot? HAHAHA

You fail. It's not some S&M fetish flick. It's a good movie with a rather good plot. Super Vampire awakens, seeks person who knows where brother is, random fight scenes, tries to free enslaved brother.

You are a joke. Not this movie.

WidowMaker

Stunning plot? HAHAHA

You fail. It's not some S&M fetish flick. It's a good movie with a rather good plot. Super Vampire awakens, seeks person who knows where brother is, random fight scenes, tries to free enslaved brother.

What are you, Len Wiseman or something?

Underworld is a shower of sh*te. I know what a f*cking popcorn movie is, you uncultured little sh*t, who do you think you are talking to here?

You think this movie is good? You opinion is void. I've read plenty of the huge plot holes in this thing. I could pull a better plot out of my f*cking arse.

I'm sick of these piss poor movies that stoop to the level of inserting boob shots for no f*cking reason other than to attract the raging horomes crowd.

Oh and by the way, I ain't no joke.

InviSniper

Stunning plot? HAHAHA

I don't give

Underworld is a shower of sh*te. I know what a f*cking popcorn movie is, you uncultured little sh*t, who do you think you are talking to here?

You think this movie is good? You opinion is void. I've read plenty of the huge plot holes in this thing. I could pull a better plot out of my f*cking arse.

I'm sick of these piss poor movies that stoop to the level of inserting boob shots for no f*cking reason other than to attract the raging horomes crowd.

I'm a fan of the movie prick.

Who do I think I'm talking to? You make it seem like you think you're better than me. I don't give a flying f*ck who you are or what you've done.

Pull a better plot out of your ass? Try.

And yes, you are a joke.

WidowMaker

Stunning plot? HAHAHA

I don't give

Who do I think I'm talking to? You make it seem like you think you're better than me. I don't give a flying f*ck who you are or what you've done.

And yes, you are a joke.

Yeah, you know your opinion is a crock of sh*t when you result to childish insults.

You can't even back up your piss poor movie with evidence of why it's not garbage. Unless you think that plot outline was evidence of some kind of great storyline, because it wasn't.

InviSniper

Stunning plot? HAHAHA

I don't give

And yes, you are a joke.

Yeah, you know your opinion is a crock of sh*t when you result to childish insults.

You can't even back up your piss poor movie with evidence of why it's not garbage. Unless you think that plot outline was evidence of some kind of great storyline, because it wasn't.

Hmmm... so I'm the one who's throwing insults?

...you people make me f*cking sick...

...you uncultured little sh*t...

Odd.

Ok, why wasn't the movie garbage?

1. It had plenty of good gun fight scenes.

2. Special effects were pretty damn good.

3. The plot was fine. You obviously don't know crap if you don't like it.

4. It went deeper into the history to show how the Lycans and Vampires came to be.

5. It improved immensely on the first.

You're judging it to too high a standard. It's not some Matrix sequel with an unlimited budget. It's a low budget flick. It's the best one I've ever seen and, to tell you the truth, I don't give a f*ck about your opinion, but I don't want people to not see this great movie because of some dumb asses review.

Sumanjit

Eh, it's a niche movie... people are either going to love it or hate it.

I liked it immensely, but still refused to shell out money to watch Lord of the Rings when it first came out. I don't think it was a bad decision, as I don't like the idea of a decent fantasy movie tainted with what I can only name...the Jar Jar Binks Effect.

WidowMaker

Stunning plot? HAHAHA

I don't give

And yes, you are a joke.

Hmmm... so I'm the one who's throwing insults?

...you people make me f*cking sick...

...you uncultured little sh*t...

Odd.

Ok, why wasn't the movie garbage?

1. It had plenty of good gun fight scenes.

2. Special effects were pretty damn good.

3. The plot was fine. You obviously don't know crap if you don't like it.

4. It went deeper into the history to show how the Lycans and Vampires came to be.

5. It improved immensely on the first.

You're judging it to too high a standard. It's not some Matrix sequel with an unlimited budget. It's a low budget flick. It's the best one I've ever seen and, to tell you the truth, I don't give a f*ck about your opinion, but I don't want people to not see this great movie because of some dumb asses review.

1. Badly shot, shaky camera akimbo, quick cuts, sloppy gun fights.

2. Special effects are rarely special, it's always better to do it physically, and if "good effects" are one of the only reasons you can dig up for going to see a movie, then it's obviously going to be a pretty piss poor movie.

3. Being a popcorn movie the plot takes a back seat, it tries to be stylish, but making a movie consisting soley of black, white and dark blue does not equate to style. Nor does dressing up the cast in skin tight leather.

4. You're spreading the plot over two numbers? That's cheating. Renaming Werewolves and Vampires, throwing them together and then calling it a war does not make this Citizen Kane.

5. A sequel managed to improve on a sh*te original that was utter garbage in the first place? Well this surely must be movie of the year!

What makes you think this is a low budget flick? It's not, this isn't Night of the Living Dead, or Evil Dead, this movie had a hefty budget, and it did f*ck all with it.

If you are using the Matrix sequels as a benchmark for this, then no wonder you like it, those were horrible movies that all but managed to make the entire series a total f*cking joke.

I'll tell you why it's crap.

1. Wooden acting of the little dialogue that is there

2. Badly shot

3. plot holes all over the place

4. random nude scene a pathetic way to bring in an audience

5. relies too much on style over substance, doesn't even manage that.

I'd use Blade as a benchmark for these types of movies. They are both vampire films, similar budgets, obviously not going to be a super intelligent plot. Blade should have been crap but turned out to be great, it did everything right, the fights were well shot, Snipes was perfect as Blade, it was a fun movie and so was it's sequel and it used CGI in a way that didn't look sh*t, and out of place, for the most part.

If you think what you listed is going to make someone run out and see it, you're wrong.

Meltdown

Went and saw it Sunday at noon and wow. Really good movie. The plot has some stunning twists. The fight scenes are very good, but no Matrix. It's more of a love story than the first though (It's really not too bad. I could stand it. Of course "standing it" means seeing Kate Beckinsale half-nude.). It really takes you back into how the Lycans and Vampires first came to be though. Really surprised the heck out of me seeing how it started. acting has improved immensly too. The enviornments really show that it's no longer a low-budget flick. The ending fight and final scene was absolutely stunning. REALLY insane.

I guess I'm just a fan of the series so I'm biased, but go and see it for yourselves. I got the soundtrack already.  biggrin.gif  Very Happy Some good music on it. My Chemical Romance, Slipknot, Alkaline Trio, Atreyu, Cradle of Filth among others.

Of course "standing it" means seeing Kate Beckinsale half-nude

I enjoyed the first one despite what everyone kept telling me at the time and so I'll have to see the second one, I watch it purely for the action scenes of course blush.gif .