4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Jordan

SILENT HILL TRAILER

Rob.
Yeah, that looks pretty nice, i would like to think that this film will rock and that it will diminidsh the general thought that game movies suck, i hope this willl be a good film, but for now i'm just sceptical.

Phatgordo13

I remember when Silent Hill came out on PS1 waaaay back in the day. At the time that was like about as scary as it got. I remember not being able to play the game because I was so worried about getting freaked. lol. I heard they were making a movie a year or two back.

Wow the movie looks f*ckin phenominal. Pretty damn close to the games story line. Almost. Still the music...the f*ckin snow...the GOD DAMN SIREN. Oh hell yah, this movie looks DAMN Good. I want to see this sh*t.

boobtronic
Does anyone agree that this would end up better with the intended lead?

papanesta

This is what happens when Uwe Boll doesn't get ahold of game-to-movie movies. cool.gif

Though, I did just notice on IMDb that he will be doing Far Cry. f*ck.

BroDan
I remember when Silent Hill came out on PS1 waaaay back in the day. At the time that was like about as scary as it got. I remember not being able to play the game because I was so worried about getting freaked. lol. I heard they were making a movie a year or two back.

Wow the movie looks f*ckin phenominal. Pretty damn close to the games story line. Almost. Still the music...the f*ckin snow...the GOD DAMN SIREN. Oh hell yah, this movie looks DAMN Good. I want to see this sh*t.

It's not Snow, it's Ash from the fire.

boobtronic

It's not Snow, it's Ash from the fire.

your karma turns me on.

GTA3Freak-2001
Yep I am sold on this being the first good movie based on a game, it seems to cover the game's atomsphere perfectly and ever since playing the game I've thought how great a movie it would make. It sort of takes all the best things about a horror movie and combines it with that of a good thriller.

Dalpura

Now, I know nothing of, and have never played the games, but this just seems odd. Some nobody woman fighting demons, evil and such to save her daughter? Just seems like a bit of a stupid story line to me. But, I may be missing something. Other than that, ignoring that I don't know what's going on, it looks pretty exciting. And I'm usually attracted to movies based off games (even when I've never played the game tounge.gif).

gta_king
Now, I know nothing of, and have never played the games, but this just seems odd. Some nobody woman fighting demons, evil and such to save her daughter? Just seems like a bit of a stupid story line to me. But, I may be missing something. Other than that, ignoring that I don't know what's going on, it looks pretty exciting. And I'm usually attracted to movies based off games (even when I've never played the game tounge.gif).

Her daughter is ill and keeps dreaming and talking about a place called Silent Hill so her mother takes her there to visit one of the "Healers" in the town. Along the way her car slides off the road, the mother awakens to find her daughter is missing.

It's loosely based off of the first Silent Hill game in which your character Harry Mason is going on vacation to Silent Hill with his daughter.

Did I spot Pyramid Head in the trailer aswel? Wonder what part he will play, he scared the sh*t out of me in SH2.

imheretostay
I never played any of the SH games, nor have I read about them. Can someone summarize for me, and the story for the movie aswell?

fido2

For some reason when I was playing the game I thought it was based on a movie.

Looks pretty good. icon14.gif

flitcroft101

Can't wait! i've never played any of the games but I plan on buying them all real soon rah.gif -kthx

Dalpura

Yeah I sort of caught that king.. ah well. I'm sure I'll get when I watch it.

And I missed this before..

I am sold on this being the first good movie based on a game

Didn't like Resident Evil(s) at all? nervous.gif

Logic3

Never played the game, but definately gonna go see that film biggrin.gif

gannonroader

it actually makes me feel bad reading some people have never played these games. sad.gif Personally, Silent Hill games are by far my favorite series of all time. I'm actually getting 2 silent hill tattoos very soon. So as you can imagine, every piece of news that comes out i'm all over like bacteria on sh*t, including the new psp thingy coming out. Don't really know what to call it.

IV ● XxX

Silent hill was by far the eeriest and "Scary" (if you will) game out back then. The wheelchair that kept appearing and those f*cked up babies were some creepy sh*t ey?

Naomi

A crash course in the Silent Hill series here or here (where I use to admin)

The movie is based on SH1, though a few changes have been made, the father (Harry) has been replaced with the mother (Rose) & Pyramid Head was the main enemy in Silent hill 2, but appears in the movie.

As far as survival horror games go, this is the series to grab (SH2 would be the most popular & still available to purchase 2nd hand @ EB) even if you're not a Survival horror fan.

The whole series is very heavily story orientated & full of gaps forcing you to fill in the holes with your own theories. (But not in the dodgey "We're bored making this game now" kind of way.)

The best SH1 game review ever (IMO) by Slowbeef & his SH2 review

Hey Konami, Satan called. Your video games are giving him nightmares.

So anyway, imagine this. Take a person. Put him in a straightjacket. Burn him to death. Take the charred body and wrap it in cellophane. Reanimate the corpse. That´s the first f*cking enemy in Silent Hill 2. This game is seriosuly wrong.

The-end

Seen this beofre defntly going to see this film it looks awsome smile.gif

Grandthefter

I loved the games, the trailer looks good - yep, deff seeing this

Natedogg.
I have significant doubts about this movie, first off the f*cking movie doesn't follow the game, which is stupid in my opinion, and I just hope that it turns out ok.

Naomi

You've got to consider the average movie goer. Most won't know the first thing about the game, so leaving it as open to enterpretation as the game will only serve to confuse the hell out of people.

That & the fact that if you stuck to the game in entirety, you'd spend a couple of hours watching someone wander around Silent hill alone for the most part.

Though I can't understand why the movie changed the main character from male (Harry-widow) to female (Rose - married), I can understand that the husband is present, him filling the veiwer in on Silent Hill's history in place of memos found lying around (but again some artistic license has been given to that history aswell) but changing the sex seemed pointless for the most part.

yakuza warlord

Im not a hardcore slash my wrists fan of Silent Hill, but I REALLY liked the games. The plot was pretty psychotic, and the amusement park in SH3 kept me awake for countless nights. I will, however, be sitting in the theaters in the middle row 11 seats in from the right April 21st of this year. I will see this movie, because I saw the screenshots of the movie and the reverse side looks amazing. This might actually be a good game->movie transfer.

flitcroft101

user posted image

inlove.gif now that's hot! -kthx