Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Scarface187

Seven

Scarface187

Has anyone here seen Seven? I'd seen like short clips of it before and it always looked like a good movie to me, so yesterday I decided to rent it and give it a watch.

I'd have to say it is a really great movie. Very original, good acting and a rocking film score that kept everything suspenseful I thought. It was one of those suspense thriller movies that was actually suspenseful. At the end I told my dad how much I thought the movie rocked and he replied with saying "Well I don't want you to keep watching it over and over again, its a sick movie!". He probably started to think that after the lust victim. Yeah it was f*cked up, but I don't think that would make it any less good.

For the people viewing this that don't know what this movie is about, here is a synopsis that I could of written but I'm lazy so I'll just find one on the internet (Oh noes, sloth!).

Gluttony, greed, sloth, envy, wrath, pride, and lust--these are the seven deadly sins that are being punished with unimaginable cruelty and calculation by an enigmatic killer in David Fincher's bleak thriller Seven. Set in a perpetually gloomy unnamed city, the film follows Somerset (Morgan Freeman), a retiring police detective, as he experiences his final week on the job, reluctantly working with assertive newcomer Mills (Brad Pitt). When an obese man is found brutally murdered in his home, the seasoned Somerset realizes this is no ordinary killing--someone tortured him because of his appetite. Slayings that reflect the sins of greed and sloth soon follow, leading Somerset and Mills on a desperate search to find the mysterious John Doe, who is responsible for these methodical murders. As the case builds to a startling conclusion, both Somerset and Mills become more involved than they ever could have imagined.

Dirka
yeh, its a f*cking kick-ass film. I've not seen it in a while though.

Smashdamit

Agreed.Very good movie.Better than SAW imo.

anuj

Comparing Seven to SAW is like comparing the Mona Lisa to a sculpture made of elephant sh*t. They just can't be compared on any serious level.

The ending to Seven left me unable to sleep that night. Not for some "scared of being flayed" reason, but jesus christ the thought of someone pulling that off was terrifying.

D Jones

Yeah, a awesome movie and had the perfect actors for the right spot. I just thought the ending was one of the best, because you didn't expect that to happen. But I believe that was the killers job, and he did it, he got the message it.

Very scary, because if someone had the brains, they could pull it off.

GTA3Rockstar
I've seen this movie before but I really don't remember the ending... Anyways, I give it a 7 out of 7 lol

Scarface187
Yeah, a awesome movie and had the perfect actors for the right spot. I just thought the ending was one of the best, because you didn't expect that to happen. But I believe that was the killers job, and he did it, he got the message it.

I expected it to happen because I saw I Love the 90's on VH1 and they completly gave away the ending without warning. confused.gif

D Jones

I expected it to happen because I saw I Love the 90's on VH1 and they completly gave away the ending without warning. confused.gif

That's exactly what f*cking happened to me. I forgot about it when I began watching the movie, but then it hit me and I knew what was going to happen. Pretty lame, but a good movie none the less.

darthYENIK
Well the movie is more than 10 years old. I believe the statute of limitation on spoilers is up.

a.k.a. Tristan

That movie is a masterpiece. Saw it about ten times, it was one of my fav movies a few years ago. Has a very special atmosphere...

AlienLX
Yeah, I've seen it.. very nicely made movie, definitely one of my favorites.

Waddy

wow, I saw this movie for like £4.99 yesterday and thought to myself "Wow, £4.99, Ive always heard good things about this film, ill buy it"

Reading this has shown I made a good choice, Ill watch it tomorrow night with the missus!

Thanks guys smile.gif

Demarest

Morgan Freeman is one of those guys you wish could cheat time so he could continue making movies as a distinguished gentleman instead of an old man confused.gif That said, I LOVE movies that touch on the dark side of humanity. The fact that he did it by choice? Because he was overwhelmed by the bullsh*t we all accept daily? Priceless. Great casting, great acting... even the lighting was on-topic so to speak.

BTW, it's Se7en wink.gif

Smashdamit
Comparing Seven to SAW is like comparing the Mona Lisa to a sculpture made of elephant sh*t

Oh ya.You have two maniacs who make people kill themselves.Nothing similiar at all.

These are quotes from early SAW reviews:

>The movie is also similar in look and feel to Seven

>It's not a good thing if the best scenes in a film seem like they were torn from a direct-to-video version of "Seven."

>Yes, there are similarities between Saw and Seven

Demarest
I think he's referring to the fact that Se7en is a classic whereas Saw is just long eye candy.

Scarface187
I think he's referring to the fact that Se7en is a classic whereas Saw is just long eye candy.

True, but then again, I saw Saw today and I didn't really see any similarities really.

Philtheonearmedbandit

Ugh I get sick just thinking about the gluttony victim.

Hell No..
Se7en is one of those films which I dont think will be forgotten easily. I was amazed when I first watched it. It was amazing. Infct, I may watch it tonight. Maybe.

Dublo 7

Comparing Seven to SAW is like comparing the Mona Lisa to a sculpture made of elephant sh*t. They just can't be compared on any serious level.

The ending to Seven left me unable to sleep that night. Not for some "scared of being flayed" reason, but jesus christ the thought of someone pulling that off was terrifying.

I actually predicted the ending of Seven. I am quite the psychic.

But yeah, Seven is an awsome movie.

Edited by Dublo 7

Smashdamit

ok :D ..I agree that Seven is ALOT closer to a classic than SAW.

SAW is not bad though for a low budget effort.