3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

GTA: LCS announced for PS2.

rockstar will have to do a lot of changes e.g. make all roofs solid, add another 5 areas the size of the 3 island we already have, make more missions to spread over the 5 new islands.

so in my opinion it will suck on ps2 as it will be a major step back from san andreas.

i got my psp as my ps2 broke, i will have a new ps2 soon and will only buy this game if it is 5x bigger then the psp version

if they release it on ps2 it will have to be like £15 as its not even a 1/3 of san anreaas

Edited by chrislawrance

This had better be good. Not just a port. I have LCS on PSP and i personally don't feel ripped off. I actually got it even before i heard of LCS. Besides, i play Lumines more than LCS.

Lmao @ the people signing those petitions.

Bunch of bloody idiots, that's what you are.

Oh hello, My name's Rockstar, and I'm a f*cking sellout. I'm going to produce a series ont he PS2 called GTA, and it;s going to be PS2 exclusive!... until it ports on PC and Xbox. ooh, look, a PSP! Yeah, let;'s make a PSP exclusive GTA!... until we port it onto the PS2. and then Xbox... and probably PC.

Morons. What a kick in the nuts to us PSP GTA fans.

I don't even need to try and explain how retarded that is.

I didn't but a PSP for GTA, i bought one becuase when i went into Gamestation one day they let me have a go on one, i bought a PSP becuase it's a great piece of hardware. For people who bough a PSP for LCS it's rather narrowminded, think how lucky you are to have a PSP, some people really wanted those things and you're fortunante to have one, so stop spitting the dummy.

For the people that are trying to make others feel bad knowingly whilst throwing out the gesture "$250" saved, it doesn't bother me and it should'nt anyone else, you've probably wasted $250 on some other crap in the past, so there's a balance.

Ok, the thing is, am i going to buy this for the PS2? Yes, do you know why? Becuase if rockstar have any sense i think they are either:

1:Going to fill up the DVD with loads of Extra features and better graphics.

2:Going to do a cleaned up direct port at a budget price.

A good feature could be though that if you have both of the titles that you could continue you're saved game on the PSP and then put the save data on the PS2 for it.

I'm going to buy it if it's got better graphics as i'm a lover of Liberty City, i can't get enough of that place.

The thing is, if Rockstar want to keep their fans happy they'll do it some justice and add a whole load of features, doing a direct port just isn't their style at all.

Another thing, after San Andreas, they'd better put some new good features in the game, other wise it'll seem like a huge step down from San Andreas for some fans

Edited by Rob_UK

One of the main selling points of LCS for me was the wireless multiplayer, and the fact that is portable. Two things that won't go well on a PS2.

It certainly would seem a massive downgrade from San Andreas, unless they offer this as a budget game. I'll probably buy it anyway just out of curiousity, but with an estimated release date of April-May, I can't see them adding any radical new features like new Islands. Maybe longer radio stations and side missions. I suppose we will all have to wait and see. I hope there is a PC version though, as I am interested to see how it could be modded.

LCS was one of the main reasons I bought a PSP, but it really doesn't upset me, as the PSP is far more than just LCS. There are, and will be some excellent games coming out for it, and it also makes a great portable media centre. I often carry the PSP around with me, but I won't use it in public (Because it will probably get swiped).

IMO its a waste of time doing a petition, Rockstar are a business and they are only interested in making money. More than likely, the people who are complaining will buy the game anyway, and they know that.

One thing that would be good was if they released the game for both Xbox and PS2, that way they could experiment with GTA online, to make it fully usuable Xbox Live would allow for a much bigger fan base. For people who own GTA3 or own LCS on the PSP, there is going to have to be a real big draw to make people buyy this thing.

Im happy its coming to ps2 save me having to by a psp, and it will save me money..smile.gif

thats the most important this, and its also not stuck on a sh*tty ass small screen..smile.gif

thats my point of view

What annoys me more than anything is the fact that it most probaly won't just be a port from PSP to PS2! I bought a PSP for the main reason of playing LCS and now I find out that an improved version is going to come out on a Console I already own for, most probaly, cheaper price. I could of saved myself so much money just waiting for it to come out on the PS2 if Rockstar has not announced this TWO WEEKS AFTER CHRISTMAS!

-=[People, just stop arguing about this, trust me, it will turn out good (Leeds isnt doing the PS2 version, they do portables, and to tell you the truth, I think they did a poor ass job with LCS).]=-

Rockstar Leeds & Rockstar North worked together on Liberty City Stories.

Hint:

If you bought a PSP to play GTA:LCS, you are a f*cking moron.

no you are the moron.

but it will be a better version than the psp for sure.

i have to admit that i spent my money to get the psp for that. i was pretty steamed up by that.

but after a while, you just relax and think. a new improved LCS would be great.

i signed the petition against it on PS2 though biggrin.gif

The Liberty City Pimp

Wait...its just LCS? oh well since rockstars games are gonna start being sh*t soon...take Tony hawks for instance , nobody likes it anymore

Edited by The Liberty City Pimp
My opinion is the same as da GTAmasters this really sucks I bought my PSP for nothing now its useless. This really pisses me off. This shows you that people are greedy even if it will make them and extra bit of money.

Usless? Try playing Wipeout Pure, Need for Speed or Prince of Persia. - Holmes

I have calmed down today, the PSP is one damn fine machine and I am very glad I bought it. But I am very disapointed with rockstar. I just really want it to be a straight port, so I dont have to buy it again.

My petition will probably be coming down soon.

That comes a a VERY big suprise. I just think that is a mistake, mainly because its allready on the PS2, the only difference is different missions.

I also find it strange that in that article it also says

...Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories exclusively for the PSP...

WTF!?

Oh well, if it comes to pc at least there will be something new to mod...

Dude, thats crap. It should stay psp exclusive, sony are going to flip. People would buy the psp just for LCS, i may let this one go as i have done it on psp already.

Why all the b****ing and complaing about how it's stupid that LCS is coming to PS2? I don't know why people are making such a big deal about it. Yeah, I thought LCS would be an exculsive to the PSP, but since it appears that it won't; then yeah it sucks, but I don't see the point in getting so angry about it. Their can't be a CheatDevice on the PS2, so just be happy that you can play a GTA game "portable" and that you can use something so awesome as the CheatDevice instead of having to keep putting in cheats on the PS2 version of LCS. I can see how people were excited that a GTA game was coming to the PSP, which is just another reason in why they want a PSP, but if that was the MAIN reason why you wanted a PSP; well that's just plain stupid. As I said before, be happy about GTA:LCS being portable because you can play it anytime you want and use the CheatDevice; whereas you can't do that on the PS2.

Great find man! I would probably get it for PS2, actually, I'd definately get it for PS2. I wonder if it will come out for PC though? I really hope so... and I don't really care if it's not PSP exclusive anymore. Luckily I didn't buy a PSP, so aslong as it definately comes out for PS2, then I'm happy. But PC version... will it? - Mike

Edited by Mike_Toreno
original gangster

Wow, i'm surprised at some people in this topic. Calling Rockstar "idiots" and "sell-outs", just because you're pissed off that you bought a psp just to play this game? Well that's your problem. I got a psp and GTA:LCS for Christmas, but I didn't want it just for one game. Buying an expensive console just to play one game on it? f*cking hell, I bought mine because of the many other features I can use it for, not just one game dozingoff.gif .

To me this is pretty good news, I can't see it having as much features as San Andreas, but I can see them adding in extra features. If it comes out for PC too and has more extras, then i'll buy it definately, probably for the ps2 if I can find it tounge.gif .

Run Down That Guy
-=[People, just stop arguing about this, trust me, it will turn out good (Leeds isnt doing the PS2 version, they do portables, and to tell you the truth, I think they did a poor ass job with LCS).]=-

Rockstar Leeds & Rockstar North worked together on Liberty City Stories.

-=[Yes I know, but the bulk of the game (with ides, new textures and stuff, that gay story line is all Leeds). North did some technical stuff.]=-

If anyone is expecting new features and such; don't get your hopes up. Other than the obvious increase in detail, I highly doubt anything else is gonna happen. They've never added anything that significant when porting over past games, why would they start now?

Ok, I had a feeling this would happen all along, do you really think Rockstar are so stupid to keep it to PSP, don't you see? Sony and Rockstar have planned this very well, they get loads and loads to buy the PSP just for LCS, then, when everyone is happy, the people who didn't buy PSP find out that Rockstar are going to make it on PS2.

I also think that it will go to PC, Rockstar will make as much money as possible with this game, they do not care about what any person who bought the PSP ''Just for LCS'' thinks.

OriginalGangster

i dont really care that much the psp is a good console, i got it as a gift anyway, but i bought the game sad.gif hey should release the game they release on all the consoles at once if theyre going to do that.. so you know what you wanna do.

Well slap me with a wet fish, this is rather interesting indeed.

Before all you people start shouting "f*ck Rockstar"(oops too late) remember this is most probably a move by Sony themselves as they have seen that there are a small group of people who didn't get sucked into buying a PSP and so they want to reap the benifits from them by porting LCS to PS2 becuase they will buy the game and some people who are yet to own a PS2 might be tempted by the now large back catalogue of GTA PS2 titles and get a PS2.

Now to those that are all "ha ha you stupid people who bought a PSP" just remember that LCS probably won't be that great on a PS2 even if it was given some tweaks. The whole layout of the game is geared towards portability so don't come crying when you find a game that is short, and lacking in some major features.

Heh , I guess I am that small group of people . You see I was totaly convinced I would never play it , well for a couple of years . Seems they couldn't wait for my money LMAO .

I also think there might be 1 itsy bitsy benifit from this , faster than normal GTA releases for PSP platform vs. PS2/PS3 . Thats a guess , that hopefully comes true , simpiler , but shorter waits in between title releases . The next one is supposed to be "all new" on the PSP so... who knows what they are cooking up . Imagine a Multi Player only gta from R* hmmmm.... GOD I hope they release it for PC , or the peeps here can .

For some reason I doubt that this will go to the PC. Dont you think they would have announced it along with the PS2? And it would be pretty pointless to bring it to the PC unless they do it soon. Because usually people buy the PC version for the mods, and unless Rockstar is going to take another chance at it, I doubt that it will be moddable. And most people playing GTA have a PS2 so they wouldnt really be loosing alot of costomers.
Hint:

If you bought a PSP to play GTA:LCS, you are a f*cking moron.

if you can only say things like "f*cking moron" because someone made a personal decision you should really not post a forum.. keep that in mind confused.gif

Also wrong to call yourself a "Sir".. personally i think the name patheticJeth will suits you better. (omg i just said a SirJeth comment..)

Games? movies? music, and the internet? on a portable machine? omg! that sounds great! in fact, it sound just like a.......laptop. and those have been around for years. So has my desktop pc, stand-alone dvd player, ps2, xbox, and even my damn cell phone. So yea, GTA:LCS isn't enough reason for some people to buy a PSP, and not everyone needs or wants 24/7 access to media, wherever they go..

You try fitting all those into your pocket and finding enough plugs on a train to plug it all in mad.giftounge.gif

EDIT: Does this mean that R* will be making another site with PS2 screenshots and movies?

EDIT2: Haha. Just imagine an extended PS2 version of Portland chainsaw Masquarade (SP) It was hard enough on the PSP

Edited by kippers
Ok, I had a feeling this would happen all along, do you really think Rockstar are so stupid to keep it to PSP, don't you see? Sony and Rockstar have planned this very well, they get loads and loads to buy the PSP just for LCS, then, when everyone is happy, the people who didn't buy PSP find out that Rockstar are going to make it on PS2.

I also think that it will go to PC, Rockstar will make as much money as possible with this game, they do not care about what any person who bought the PSP ''Just for LCS'' thinks.

Exactly my point, its most probably Sony who's suggested it to Rockstar because in business sense it makes sense grab the people who weren't persuaded into buying a PSP for the game by putting it on PS2 which majority of people already have.

The next question is what about PC?