3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

GTA: LCS announced for PS2.

I would return my copy of LCS had it not had the multiplayer in it before it starts losing it's value. Why stay mad at Rockstar though, I highly doubt that the LCS for PS2 will just be a port from the PSP version as they cant do that anyway or else the game would look like crap. I have a good feeling that the PS2 version will be different from the PS2 version (missions and everything), I want to see how the graphics and everything are gonna be like on the LCS for PS2.

I doubut making a whole new game would be possible unless they have been woring on it for a few years now.

I would return my copy of LCS had it not had the multiplayer in it before it starts losing it's value. Why stay mad at Rockstar though, I highly doubt that the LCS for PS2 will just be a port from the PSP version as they cant do that anyway or else the game would look like crap. I have a good feeling that the PS2 version will be different from the PS2 version (missions and everything), I want to see how the graphics and everything are gonna be like on the LCS for PS2.

I doubut making a whole new game would be possible unless they have been woring on it for a few years now.

I don't think they're making a whole new game but they did port the PSP version of LCS from the PS2 version of GTA3 so what happened if they were working on a PS2 version also. I've always wanted Rockstar to make Liberty City like San Andreas so this is good news to me.

Run Down That Guy

[Response to earlier petition link post] OK SO WAIT, JUST because you guys couldn't wait for LCS (meaning you went out, like a fool and spent $340+ for the psp and game), you don't want to see this come to PS2 because of your stupid choice (may not have been stupid at the time, but you CAN find other uses for your PSP, yep you know it plays VIDEOS and the neat files called MP3'S right? smile.gif). This is by far the STUPIDEST thing I have ever seen, or it atleast comes very very close. It makes NO SENSE, its like petitioning to keep San Andreas on PS2 because you ONLY bought a PS2, seriously, what the hell is wrong with you people. Almost reminds me of the 'Get Cheat Device for 2.6' petition or w/e, made no sense (seeing as how Edison at the time didn't really know HOW to even execute the code on 2.6). Point being in all this confusion of a post, don't get so 'petition happy', you might actually do more harm than good.

EDIT: Ever stop and think 'Wait, maybe they will REDO the textures, audio files and hell, they might even ADD SOME MISSIONS? Sheesh.

No, but I hate the fact that we were enjoying a PORTABLE game on a PORTABLE system, and just because R* are greedy bastards that just can't stop asking for money, they're releasing it on the PS2 (and maybe other platforms).

If I ever had hopes for playing LCS on multiplayer, now they're gone as everyone else wouldn't get a PSP anymore.

I'm happy with my PSP though, I have other games and I use it to listen to music, but Rockstar truly believe that they are "stars"... but as they said on their very own LCS... "every dog has its day".

CONGRATS! YOU JUST WON THE IDIOT OF THE DAY AWARD! biggrin.gif!

f*cking idiot, you can STILL buy it for PSP.

NOTE: FOR ALL IDIOTS: AFTER ITS RELEASED ON PS2, IT WILL STILL BE AVALIBLE FOR PSP, JUST TRY TO REMEMBER THAT, I know its hard for you id..guys to remember stuff like that. wink.gif

[Response to earlier petition link post] OK SO WAIT, JUST because you guys couldn't wait for LCS (meaning you went out, like a fool and spent $340+ for the psp and game), you don't want to see this come to PS2 because of your stupid choice (may not have been stupid at the time, but you CAN find other uses for your PSP, yep you know it plays VIDEOS and the neat files called MP3'S right? smile.gif). This is by far the STUPIDEST thing I have ever seen, or it atleast comes very very close. It makes NO SENSE, its like petitioning to keep San Andreas on PS2 because you ONLY bought a PS2, seriously, what the hell is wrong with you people. Almost reminds me of the 'Get Cheat Device for 2.6' petition or w/e, made no sense (seeing as how Edison at the time didn't really know HOW to even execute the code on 2.6). Point being in all this confusion of a post, don't get so 'petition happy', you might actually do more harm than good.

EDIT: Ever stop and think 'Wait, maybe they will REDO the textures, audio files and hell, they might even ADD SOME MISSIONS? Sheesh.

No, but I hate the fact that we were enjoying a PORTABLE game on a PORTABLE system, and just because R* are greedy bastards that just can't stop asking for money, they're releasing it on the PS2 (and maybe other platforms).

If I ever had hopes for playing LCS on multiplayer, now they're gone as everyone else wouldn't get a PSP anymore.

I'm happy with my PSP though, I have other games and I use it to listen to music, but Rockstar truly believe that they are "stars"... but as they said on their very own LCS... "every dog has its day".

NOTE: FOR ALL IDIOTS: AFTER ITS RELEASED ON PS2, IT WILL STILL BE AVALIBLE FOR PSP, JUST TRY TO REMEMBER THAT, I know its hard for you id..guys to remember stuff like that. wink.gif

You can still buy PSP and people will still get them but if everyone was told earlier that LCS was coming out for PS2, then less people would've bought the PSP and LCS.

f*cking moron, I already have the game and the PSP. If calling everybody a "f*cking idiot" makes you feel more important, fine, but you're so pathetic.

I don't think they're making a whole new game but they did port the PSP version of LCS from the PS2 version of GTA3 so what happened if they were working on a PS2 version also. I've always wanted Rockstar to make Liberty City like San Andreas so this is good news to me.

Either you havet played GTA3 or LCS because LCS was in no way a port of gta3. Totally different game just in the same city.

@RDTG: I think he meant that now the game in comming to the PS2, there will be less people playing it on the PSP and so there will be less people playing it online for the PSP. I think its common sense that it will still be avalable for the PSP

GUESS WHAT? YOU JUST WON THE JERK-OFF OF THE DAY AWARD!:D!

Have you even read what the others have said? They bought the PSP to get LCS. Alot of people don't have alot money in this world, and wasting over 200 dollars on a portable system to get a game, when they could have saved the money to buy it for $50 later on is not right. I don't own a PSP, but those who got one for the sake of playing LCS and discussing it here and such have the god-damn right to say "f*ck you" to R*.

You, most likely, are a spoiled kid who can throw away hundreds without your parents giving a damn. Some of us are not.

Either you havet played GTA3 or LCS because LCS was in no way a port of gta3. Totally different game just in the same city.

@RDTG: I think he meant that now the game in comming to the PS2, there will be less people playing it on the PSP and so there will be less people playing it online for the PSP. I think its common sense that it will still be avalable for the PSP

I've played the GTA series since the beginning and when I said port of GTA3, they used the old Liberty City and rebuilt it for the PSP so maybe they did the same for the PS2.

I think everybody should STFU about R* beeing greedy, if you don't like it then don't buy it.

Again, its not that they don't like it, it's that they wasted alot of money to get something they didn't need to get.

To all people complaining about buying a PSP for nothing: You must be an idiot to spend all that money for one game. Your PSP is not useless, as it is not like once LCS is released on another format that you can't still play it on the move. Now you can play LCS in the car, at the rellies, then go home and play it on your PS2 where it looks a lot better and is a lot more detailed.

And all this sh*t about having a go at Rockstar for being greedy and all that crap is just retarded. If you love these games so much stop sh*tting all over the makers.

Btw, don't care if it's been said, there's no way I'm reading through this topic to find out.

You can still buy PSP and people will still get them but if everyone was told earlier that LCS was coming out for PS2, then less people would've bought the PSP and LCS.

That's the point though. Its exactly what $ony wanted, a killer game that was exclusive to their system (for awhile) to get people to buy it. You people act shocked, but this has been happening for years.

No one got screwed either, R* made a sensible business choice. There are still people who have a ps2, but not a psp (like me), and alot of them want to play LCS, without shelling out another $250-300. Porting it isn't much of a risk, so they're practically printing money. Hopefully they'll do a PC version too. In the end their profits are whats most important, and if they think they can make (significantly) more money by porting the game to another system, legally, they'll do it, period, end of discussion. Welcome to the business world, where gamer ethics and standards do not apply.

Concerning the port itself, i seriously doubt (but hope) it will have many, if any, of the SA additions. LCS appears to have been built ontop the Vice engine and modified from there, and i doubt they'll change it much more, save for using better textures. Curious to see if they'll keep the online aspect, as the ps2 modem is practically worthless.

Run Down That Guy

-=[People, just stop arguing about this, trust me, it will turn out good (Leeds isnt doing the PS2 version, they do portables, and to tell you the truth, I think they did a poor ass job with LCS).]=-

Anyone who bought a PSP solely for LCS is a dumbass. And anyone who is complaining that they wasted $250 or whatever to play it is, yes, a dumbass. Nevermind that the PSP is one powerful device (homebrew alone could make you want one), there are lots of other reasons you should get one.

I bought a PSP recently, and got LCS today and I am very happy with my purchase. And yes R* did say LCS was PSP exclusive, but they said GTA3, VC and SA were PS2 exclusive (thank god they weren't, screw PS2). But I don't see much value in porting LCS to another system, seeing as it was designed for the PSP. Granted they can upgrade textures and stuff, but then you may as well buy GTA3 again if you are getting it for PS2. There are only a few extra vice features and that's it. I wont be buying it for PC if it comes out for it.

I can't believe everyone is bitching about not having to buy a PSP for LCS... God dammit, the PSP is a fine machine, with otherthings than LCS. For instance, Pursuit Force, Burnout, and many other games. Also, if you all didn't know, there's a feature called an "Internet Browser"

What's this might you ask?

A application that lets you browse the internet.

"WOWWW!!1!!" You might say.

See, there's lots of different things on the PSP. Hey, you can EVEN LISTEN TO MUSIC ON THE PSP AND USE IT AS A MP3 PLAYER!!! WOW!

confused.gif

I can't believe everyone is bitching about not having to buy a PSP for LCS

you call it bitching. i call it saving $250 tounge.gif

For instance, Pursuit Force, Burnout, and many other games. Also, if you all didn't know, there's a feature called an "Internet Browser"

See, there's lots of different things on the PSP. Hey, you can EVEN LISTEN TO MUSIC ON THE PSP AND USE IT AS A MP3 PLAYER!!! WOW!

confused.gif

Games? movies? music, and the internet? on a portable machine? omg! that sounds great! in fact, it sound just like a.......laptop. and those have been around for years. So has my desktop pc, stand-alone dvd player, ps2, xbox, and even my damn cell phone. So yea, GTA:LCS isn't enough reason for some people to buy a PSP, and not everyone needs or wants 24/7 access to media, wherever they go.

I wont be buying it for PC if it comes out for it.

yea, i own gta3:pc, but i'd get this since they updated the engine since, and gta3:pc ran like crap. a small investment for my favorite game of the series.

Actually I would not mind having Liberty City Stories for PS2 because it would be cool and there might be more possiblitys to the game like online play for one and maybe even Helicopters and Planes and such.

Would be even better to have Liberty City Stories for PC because I could mod it.

Looking forward to the new PSP title though, although it will probably end up being a Vice City Stories or something along those lines.

all new game for PSP.

So I was thinking, maybe a small chance of online multiplayer?

lcs has online multiplayer

I can't believe everyone is bitching about not having to buy a PSP for LCS

you call it bitching. i call it saving $250 tounge.gif

For instance, Pursuit Force, Burnout, and many other games. Also, if you all didn't know, there's a feature called an "Internet Browser"

confused.gif

Games? movies? music, and the internet? on a portable machine? omg! that sounds great! in fact, it sound just like a.......laptop. and those have been around for years. So has my desktop pc, stand-alone dvd player, ps2, xbox, and even my damn cell phone. So yea, GTA:LCS isn't enough reason for some people to buy a PSP, and not everyone needs or wants 24/7 access to media, wherever they go.

My thoughts exactly. I have absolutely no interest in a PSP and there wasn't a chance in hell I'd buy one for LCS. Rockstar and Take2 have made an ethical business decision by bringing LCS at least to the PS2 platform. This way the true veteran fanbase that was built on the PS2 (starting with GTA3 that is) isn't getting screwed out of a game that holds significant plot points.

The more accessible Rockstar chooses to make it's games, the more grateful we should all be. But I never would have guessed that the PSP would develop it's own class of fanboyism, especially one that undermines it's big brother, the PS2! What kind of dumb assholes are you people?

Nevertheless, this is the best gaming news to kick off the new year.

I think everybody should STFU about R* beeing greedy, if you don't like it then don't buy it.

Again, its not that they don't like it, it's that they wasted alot of money to get something they didn't need to get.

But why? WHY!??!

HelicopterProblem
Okay Rockstar, you've done quite a few things in the past to piss me off but this just takes the cake. The main, and probaly the only, I reason I bought a PSP was for Liberty City Stories. Now I find out that a couple of weeks later that they're planning a realease for the PS2! I could of saved my parent's the good money they spent on buying a PSP for me for Christmas.

I mean it's not only that but it's also the fact that even now that I have the game they're probaly going to bring it out with improved Graphics/Missions/Features etc. That means that my entire copy of GTA: LCS has become obselete! I don't use my PSP 'Portably' through fears of someone stealing it, the whole Portable aspect of LCS means nothing to me. But now that I've got it you bring out a better version, that I could of just bought for my PS2!

Sorry Rockstar, but you've f*cked up.

EDIT: A series exclusively for X-Box? That's just taking it too far! I mean it's bad enough that I had to buy a PSP specifically to play LCS and then find out that I wasted my parents money but now you turn around and tell me that I might need to buy an X-Box 360 as well just so that I can play my favourite game. When I will also need a PS3 and PSP as well!

Rockstar, you have soldout, bigtime.

I agree, this really pissed me off. THis was my first ever GTA game.

:sigh.gif: at least its portable. That is impressive.

But again, I don't see a point if I can buy a PS2 verison for 40 bucks?

Anyway, LUCKY ME, I DONT HAVE A PS2. So I dont need to worry about that smile.gif

But im gonna get a PS2 and san andreas for christmas..

Okay just to let all of you know that R* did not intend on screwing everyone over with making everyone buy a PSP just for LCS so they can release it for PS2.

The reason R* is releasing a PS2 version is because of the people who don't have PSP's because believe me not alot of GTA fans did not have PSP's so they did not have a chance to play LCS.

So just for the record signing out petitions and emailing R* is not gonna stop them from releasing GTA:LCS for PS2 because one, they can make more money with the release of it on PS2, and two to let everyone have the experience of GTA:LCS and not just the people who have PSP's.