3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

GTA: LCS announced for PS2.

I feel the same buddy. But I hope that the next GTA for PSP will be real EXCLUSIVE, and they won't make a conversion of it...

I wouldn't get my hopes up, seeing as they're doing it now with LCS.

I know im going to get flamed and shizzle but I just had to make a Petition.

I signed it. I'm not going to let Rockstar get away with this without doing something about it myself.

Good on you buddy, thanks for putting it in your signature smile.gif

Yeah, thought that it will be also on PS2 and if they say that it will be one PS2, that could mean it could be also on PC! YAAAAY!

After a year..

Damn..Well this sucks. But i'll still be getting it just for the improved graphics and new features smile.gif

No-one buy the next GTA for PSP. Lets teach Rockstar a lesson sly.gif

Edited by kippers

Hmm, wasn't expecting that to happen.

Although LCS gave me more reason to buy a PSP, this doesn't really change anything thankfully; I was going to get one regardless. I might pick up the new version if there's any significant changes.

How disapointing! I wanted a whole new title not a sh*tty hand me down! O well i wont be buying it. Just seems a come down after San Andreas or even Vice!

You want to know what I think? I think the only reason they want to release GTA LCS onto PS2 is because they probably are going to need more time to make the PS3 sequel to GTA San Andreas, this way they'll keep the fans bussy, and make extra cash on the side.

I heard they werent doing anymore sequals and were starting fresh on the PS3.

I like this a lot PSP suck balls IMO everybody I know who has one has had it stolen.

You want to know what I think? I think the only reason they want to release GTA LCS onto PS2 is because they probably are going to need more time to make the PS3 sequel to GTA San Andreas, this way they'll keep the fans bussy, and make extra cash on the side.

I heard they werent doing anymore sequals and were starting fresh on the PS3.

I like this a lot PSP suck balls IMO everybody I know who has one has had it stolen.

So, the PSP "sucks" cause your friends their PSP got stolen? turn.gif

angry.gif sorry Rockstar but i have to totally agree with da gta master.

F*CK YOU TAKE TWO. i really dont want to go on, i might get a ban...

but this really pisses me off, i worked at a sh*tty job for months (yeah moths, it was part-time. or not even like 3 hours a day max) just so i could buy the PSP. i say that LCS was like 75% the reason why i wanted a PSP. oh well, the PSP still has one thing the PS2 cant do: TRAVEL. angry.gif

Great news ! and this is a quote from gtapsp.com

Take Two have today announced that Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories will be launching for PlayStation 2 in the Second Fiscal Quarter of 2006 (February, March or April). It is unknown whether any new content will be included.

Speaking of new content, they also confirmed that the second Grand Theft Auto title for PSP (currently unnamed) will be "all new". I'm going to take a wild guess and state that this means a new city, with new characters, vehicles etc

I still don't like the fact that they're doing this but, maybe Take-Two is forced to port this to PS2 to actually have profit of this game.

Run Down That Guy

[Response to earlier petition link post] OK SO WAIT, JUST because you guys couldn't wait for LCS (meaning you went out, like a fool and spent $340+ for the psp and game), you don't want to see this come to PS2 because of your stupid choice (may not have been stupid at the time, but you CAN find other uses for your PSP, yep you know it plays VIDEOS and the neat files called MP3'S right? smile.gif). This is by far the STUPIDEST thing I have ever seen, or it atleast comes very very close. It makes NO SENSE, its like petitioning to keep San Andreas on PS2 because you ONLY bought a PS2, seriously, what the hell is wrong with you people. Almost reminds me of the 'Get Cheat Device for 2.6' petition or w/e, made no sense (seeing as how Edison at the time didn't really know HOW to even execute the code on 2.6). Point being in all this confusion of a post, don't get so 'petition happy', you might actually do more harm than good.

EDIT: Ever stop and think 'Wait, maybe they will REDO the textures, audio files and hell, they might even ADD SOME MISSIONS? Sheesh.

Edited by Run Down That Guy

i totally agree 100% with RUN DOWN THAT GUY i mean what is the big deal if your not gonna buy it dont complain so what if R* is making a transfered version of lcs who knows this game might be better than San Andreas you will never know until you try it or even see what new features it has in store for us!Doesnt anyone agree that it would be cool to play in liberty city with most, or maybe more features from San Andreas and some new missions!R* is just trying to keep us occupied thats the bottom line cool.gif !!

oh and one more thing not that it wouldbe important to some people but for some of you who care about Lcs for ps2, do any of you know when R* will be releasing its first official info on the game like new features?

Edited by Royal55

All I have to say about this is... I WIN.

Seriously, this shows that Rockstar will remain loyal to it's original fanbase, rather than forcing them to buy some PSP if they want to follow the series.

Well done, Rockstar, well done.

[Response to earlier petition link post] OK SO WAIT, JUST because you guys couldn't wait for LCS (meaning you went out, like a fool and spent $340+ for the psp and game), you don't want to see this come to PS2 because of your stupid choice (may not have been stupid at the time, but you CAN find other uses for your PSP, yep you know it plays VIDEOS and the neat files called MP3'S right? smile.gif). This is by far the STUPIDEST thing I have ever seen, or it atleast comes very very close. It makes NO SENSE, its like petitioning to keep San Andreas on PS2 because you ONLY bought a PS2, seriously, what the hell is wrong with you people. Almost reminds me of the 'Get Cheat Device for 2.6' petition or w/e, made no sense (seeing as how Edison at the time didn't really know HOW to even execute the code on 2.6). Point being in all this confusion of a post, don't get so 'petition happy', you might actually do more harm than good.

EDIT: Ever stop and think 'Wait, maybe they will REDO the textures, audio files and hell, they might even ADD SOME MISSIONS? Sheesh.

No, but I hate the fact that we were enjoying a PORTABLE game on a PORTABLE system, and just because R* are greedy bastards that just can't stop asking for money, they're releasing it on the PS2 (and maybe other platforms).

If I ever had hopes for playing LCS on multiplayer, now they're gone as everyone else wouldn't get a PSP anymore.

I'm happy with my PSP though, I have other games and I use it to listen to music, but Rockstar truly believe that they are "stars"... but as they said on their very own LCS... "every dog has its day".

Suck it up, you f*cking pussies. Run Down That Guy has it all right, putting up a petition is just plain stupid. And while we're on this whole tip, LCS sucks the fat balls on psp, its jaggy, slow, and ridiculosly painful on your eyes. Stop acting like bitch and compliaing that its coming out on a real console.

You should THANK Rockstar that they're putting their titles out so that EVERYONE can play them.

Suck it up, you f*cking pussies. Run Down That Guy has it all right, putting up a petition is just plain stupid. And while we're on this whole tip, LCS sucks the fat balls on psp, its jaggy, slow, and ridiculosly painful on your eyes. Stop acting like bitch and compliaing that its coming out on a real console.

You should THANK Rockstar that they're putting their titles out so that EVERYONE can play them.

Did you forget to take your medication?

No need to go all psycho... confused.gif

Just because your parents wouldn't give you money to get a PSP doesn't mean other people (such as myself) didn't work our asses off to get the system AND the game.

But whatever, have it your way. Just because the XBOX 360 has been released and the PS3 wouldn't come out until 2007, Sony decided to sacrifice the PSP for the crappy ancient PS2.

The PSP could have been the next-generation in portable consoles, but thanks to R* and Sony, Nintendo will be the winner with their crappy remakes and cheap NDS.

In my opinion LCS should stay as a PSP exclusive.

By doing this Rockstar are basically pissing over the "Portable" status of LCS. LCS was designed to be Portable, not for PS2. Missions were a lot smaller than PS2 GTAs, the textures would look totally crap. And thats if they did a straight port from PSP to PS2. But I guess they will tweak it, make it a sh*t load better than the PSP version and San Andreas and sell it.

60% of the reason I bought a PSP was because of LCS, so if this is true, I have bought a PSP mainly for a game that I could have got a few months later for PS2. f*ck You Rockstar, youve really f*cked us over this time.

Calm down kid before you give yourself a stroke...

Im not mad or really happy after reading the news...My situation is much like yours but im not crying like a little girl...Its business, when you grow up you will learn that...A big part of the reason for why i spent a pay check on a PSP was LCS...Would i have bought a PSP if i knew R* was going to also release the game on PS2? Maybe...Im not going to lie, LCS pretty much sealed the deal for my PSP purchase but it wasnt my only reason for buying a PSP...

All i know is the PS2 version better not be a PSP to PS2 port or im not wasting any more money...Im expecting most of SA's features, scratch that ALL of SA's features and sharper graphics...There is no way im spending 50 dollars on a straight PSP port, or LC on the VC engine...They better redo the whole thing and make it worth buying...

i agree with the last post 100%, its bad enough I payed 50 bucks for a game on a portable system which is just a rehash of GTA3, when all the other games are 40 bucks, but i guess you are paying for the rockstar name... not to say i dont enjoy it. i hope to see LCS come out to PC, cause i love the GTA3 world more than any of the other games, and i'd like to see it revamped with high res textures and models. If that were the case, i'd gladly lay down my 50 bucks.

It's all about the f*ckin money. This sucks ass, I purchased a PSP and LCS for xmas and it came to the total of close to $500!!! if I had've known about this before hand I wouldn't have bought a bloody PSP. All of this news "ONLY A PSP EXCLUSIVE, NEVER TO HIT OTHER CONSOLES"; my f*cking arse.

Just so you guys know, it was never about the fans it's about the money.

Yay, I get to buy it again sarcasm.gif. Even if none of my points are valid, I'm still pissed off at this - with everyone's comments earlier stating it was only coming to the PSP.

PS: Petition ain't gonna do anything, but I feel the same way you do cryani.gifcryani.gifcryani.gifcryani.gif.

Yes, f*ck the PSP!

Altough the PSP is cool, but now I don't have to buy one just for LCS. Now I need a PC port, or an Xbox one for that matter.

Edited by Cran.

This makes me as giddy as a school girl.

Thank god I don't have to buy a PSP now.. just for Liberty City Stories.

Thanks R*, way to put it to the man. - Continues to play his DS -

Ok I think that this could be a good and bad move on Rockstars behalf. For one, you never know. Rockstar could come up with somthing like multiplayer that connects the PS2 with the PSP(

although i doubt it). But on the bad side, Rockstar is taking its risks with Sony. Sony obviously will be angry because thier PSP sales will definately drop. But like I said you never know. On my part I was actually going to buy a PSP for this game, but now I dont have to. smile.gif

You petition is really useles. I think that Rockstar has alredy started on thier conversion and I doubt that they will throw away alot of money just because 2000 people say that they should stop. dozingoff.gif

@RDTG: LCS was origionally supposed to be a PSP exclusive. So saying that the people who bought LCS wasted thier money is stupid.

They would obvoiusly have to redo the textures and graphics for the PS2 or it would look like crap. They would change the audio just to make the city sound better for the ps2. They would possibly add more to the origionaly existing missins seeing as how the missions are shorter to because of the limited space on the PSP.

And I just want to analize the rest of the statement made by Take2.

two new titles for the PSP handheld system, including an all-new Grand Theft Auto, a title based on a new brand for the Xbox 360 and a sequel of a Rockstar brand, all from Rockstar Games;

1: two new titles for the PSP handheld system, including an all-new Grand Theft Auto.

•This means that Rockstar will be realeasing a New GTA on PSP. It could be Vice City Stories or a totally new GTA. And Rockstar will be releasing a new game haveing nothing to do with GTA.

2: a title based on a new brand for the Xbox 360 and a sequel of a Rockstar brand,

•Nothing was said about GTA going to Xbox 360. This means that A totally new game based on a new brand will appear on the 360. And a sequal of a Rockstar brand dosent necesarilly mean GTA4. It could be Manhunt 2 or Red Dead Revolver 2. But it also could be GTA4.

Edited by ATK

Well slap me with a wet fish, this is rather interesting indeed.

Before all you people start shouting "f*ck Rockstar"(oops too late) remember this is most probably a move by Sony themselves as they have seen that there are a small group of people who didn't get sucked into buying a PSP and so they want to reap the benifits from them by porting LCS to PS2 becuase they will buy the game and some people who are yet to own a PS2 might be tempted by the now large back catalogue of GTA PS2 titles and get a PS2.

Now to those that are all "ha ha you stupid people who bought a PSP" just remember that LCS probably won't be that great on a PS2 even if it was given some tweaks. The whole layout of the game is geared towards portability so don't come crying when you find a game that is short, and lacking in some major features.

I would return my copy of LCS had it not had the multiplayer in it before it starts losing it's value. Why stay mad at Rockstar though, I highly doubt that the LCS for PS2 will just be a port from the PSP version as they cant do that anyway or else the game would look like crap. I have a good feeling that the PS2 version will be different from the PS2 version (missions and everything), I want to see how the graphics and everything are gonna be like on the LCS for PS2.