4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
GTA fan

Green Street

GTA fan

Just saw this movie last night and it is amazing. If you thought football factory was good this film is ten times better. Its a must see if your a footy fan. The fight scenes are amazing and it also has a very good story to follow as well. This film is also more associated with football as it shows them going to matches and actually in the stadiums which none of this happened in football factory. If you like these types of film you definately have to see this right now! smile.gif

Polar

The fighting was good, the storyline and everything else was sh*t. confused.gif

JoeyLeone25
Remove the 'must make it for yank's that looovvee soocccccaa' & you've got a pretty good film. Elijah Wood was very poorly cast & the name Green Street: Hooligans makes me want to cut off my own dick then feed it to my dog. Bar that the storyline was simple & straightforward, the fight scenes were gritty & hilarious at times & some the acting was above par & quite good. Is it better than Football Factory? No. Was Football Factory really that great? Not really.

KiERz

to be honest i thought that film was to dissapointin. it made a mockery of english football firms. would a firm really just let in a man who fought with them one time. the acting was terrible. and ellijah wood. why was a hobbit at football?

iwishihadbroadband

It was directed by a woman who thought she was running with the big boys in with her brother's firm in Germany. She tries to put it into film - not good.

A bit unrealistic really, because almost all hooligan films feature Millwall and Manchester - sh*t firms in real life. Millwall have crap turnouts, in one of their matches they brought 89 people to the HOME game. And casting Elijah Wood as a thug wasn't the best idea either. One thing us British people have come to understand is that Americans can never understand British culture - they'll never get to grips with hooliganism in football (or 'soccer'). And like KiERZ said, a real firm wouldn't let a newbie become part of the senior part of the firm. The director chose West Ham who, coincidentally, have a large firm, so as if a newbie, let alone a poofter American, can stand at the frontline.

The director was better of using the real name for the Inter City Firm instead of Green Street Elite, because the real ICF are a decent lot in any firms book.

J-zilla

better then Football Factory?

i hope that is some sick and twisted joke

the story is so contrived, at least you can see what nick love was trying to do in football factory by trying to recreate the feel from the book

but green street is a joke, the core of the film (woods entrance into the ICF) was UN-plausable

i could rant 4 hours

JoeyLeone25
to be honest i thought that film was to dissapointin. it made a mockery of english football firms. would a firm really just let in a man who fought with them one time. the acting was terrible. and ellijah wood. why was a hobbit at football?

To be honest firms don't/didn't have membership cards & as long as your ready to get your head kicked in then they don't give a sh*t whether your American, French or even bloody Welsh!

@ IWIHB: Not many teams have 'firms' anymore, but I don't know where you got, Millwall having a sh*t firm from, now maybe, yet that's the same for all clubs, but back in the 60's/70's/80's they were one of the front-runners full of coked up, idiotic Londoners getting kicks out of kicking seven bells of sh*t out of some poor sod because he wasn't wearing the right colours.

THE GAME™

Yeah, I thought this film was alright, I'll watch it again.

Have to say I liked the main characters Stone Island coat. icon14.gif

'I'm forever blowing bubbles, Pretty bubbles in the air'

Not sure if I would say that it's better than the Football Factory though, 'Jog On' lol.

iwishihadbroadband

Thought 'Forever blowing bubbles...' is the Chelsea song in real life? Might be wrong though.

@ Joey - Yeah I agree with you there mate, firms were much better 'back in the day'. Police wasn't so good back then, now with the invention of the internet and mobile phones and police tracking, and firms really were huge, with pitch invasions and such, 'cause everybody was up for it. Millwall were class back then, but haven't really done anything spectacular now. Leeds and Millwall were supposed to meet up in Morley (area near Elland Road, Leeds) for the first season fixture after the 7/7 bombings to 'paki bash', but this was leaked onto the internet making it impossible.

OH NO
better then Football Factory?

i hope that is some sick and twisted joke

the story is so contrived, at least you can see what nick love was trying to do in football factory by trying to recreate the feel from the book

but green street is a joke, the core of the film (woods entrance into the ICF) was UN-plausable

i could rant 4 hours

f*ckin A. Green street is just terrible. And I keep hearing the advert for it on the radio, with that bloke going "stand your ground and fight" in a sh*t accent, which is even more annoying.

Football factory was a great book and a not bad film.

Thought 'Forever blowing bubbles...' is the Chelsea song in real life? Might be wrong thoug

nah, hammers.

The-end

This film i thought was very good and ive watched it a few times allready, and i own the dvd biggrin.gif

Dome Piece

It was okay, nothing more. Football Factory is better.

Did anyone notice just how sh*t the cockney accents where?

Im a scouser, and I can do them better. dontgetit.gif - Dome Piece