Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,522 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

JernejL

[REL|BETA] TXD Workshop 4.0

JernejL
Would you be able to make a Batch Import for Textures, so when you Import the Textures not only does it import multiple Files but Names them the same as the file name.

Or are you only doing Bug Fixes in any follow up versions to be released.

drag and drop does that.

- mipmaps? will try

- iphone/ios? gta3 on phones suck, i tried it.. honestly i see little potential and i didn't research much in what compression it uses..

ALMOST610

You can Drag and Drop, I never knew that.

lpgunit
iphone/ios? gta3 on phones suck, i tried it.. honestly i see little potential and i didn't research much in what compression it uses..

Well, it's a big your-mileage-may-vary - you personally find it a meh game on mobile, but since I wanted GTA3 on the go then maybe it would be of some use to at least adapt it.

DimZet

more need add function "find next".

After export image, error: in image in left-down new point(yellow)

Error after import alpha image.

Very need function generate mipmaps. Or at least not to auto reset after save to 1

Add DXT5(for Xbox txd alpha)

PLEASE!!!

RemixPLrc96

Yeah, mipmaps generator will be very useful inlove.gif

JernejL
2.3 million downloads and 15 years later.. Updated in 2018:

version 5.3 (15 years edition)

+ Various stability fixes

+ Added DXT5 support

+ Added full mipmaps support, but it ONLY suports san andreas PC - other game versions will strip mipmaps before saving.

There's been a bunch of tools released during 15 years ago, but with all its flaws, i'm sure that a lot of you still use txd workshop, which is still probably the most useable and feature-complete tool for mossing gta3-vc-sa games.

Hopefully with mipmaps support people make use of this, and stop releasing mods with terrible speckling texture problems, which is caused mainly by large resolutions images with no mipmaps.

BlackScout

Holysh*t... An update! Now that's unexpected.

For the sh*ts and giggles, I know you probably don't have time for any future updates but... Who knows XD

Mipmap viewer is buggy:

https://streamable.com/0gp2p

Edited by BlackScout

Ash_735

Sorry brother, Magic.TXD all the way, people only stick with TXDWorkshop because it's that old it's used in old guides, the damage this tool has done to texture modding cannot be forgiven.

The Hero

Does it support 16 bit 1555 textures yet?

B_Smiles

Not sure if taking the mick out of what I posted, or genuine question

George Costanza

Not sure if taking the mick out of what I posted, or genuine question

genuine question, since as in your post the old ver didn't support it.

Ash_735

More importantly, does it not corrupt the header over time now? Which results in glitches and streaming bugs in these games?

dkluin

May I ask why you bothered updating a deprecated/somewhat broken tool? Especially more than a decade after it's inital release, and when a better alternative is available?

Edited by dkluin

BlackScout

While I understand the tool is a bug mess I don't get why sh*t on him. I mean, you're not forced to use the tool...

"Oh, but then more silly people will continue to TXDWorkshop and use the last update as an excuse not to utilize something better."

aka Magic.TXD just say it out loud goddamn, we all know it's a lot better

Well, their fault. Ignorance sucks indeed, can't do much though...

Edited by BlackScout

Silent

While I understand the tool is a bug mess I don't get why sh*t on him. I mean, you're not forced to use the tool...

I think it's more of a "this tool was great for its time but now it's deprecated, let it go" thing.

Jinx.

Shhhhh. Let people enjoy things.

Thanks for the update, JernejL!

Edited by Jinx.

gts.

I can't believe that an update is out haha, so nostalgic and unexpected. I thought this was dead with the v5.0 as final release. :O

Great work and thanks for the update JernejL.

Ash_735

Gave it a try, there's a lot of bugs and issues, especially mis-identifying mipmaps, not to mention the broken viewer of them and how easy it is to run into reading errors and overflow (header corruption is showing). It's still not a tool to use if you want to edit textures on GTA these days.

On the plus side, at least exporting textures that have DXT compression no longer outputs the wrong colour range anymore.

JernejL

Ash_735: i'll appreciate if you will make sort of proper bug report, refering to just header corruption and mipmap misidentification without examples and technical description is kinda empty rambling.

I haven't gotten any bug report like that properly sent to me, and i'm sure i'd read one if it was messaged to me i'd fix the problem (maybe even a decade ago :) ) i haven't received a PM on the forum since 2013 and no bug reports for years before that. The txds it generates when testing mipmaps were all verified to have correct header via rw analyse and it showed no problems, i've tried to verify files it generates also with g-txd but getting g-txd to even work is a pain in the ass.

I did not update the thread in a long time, but those who actually looked, there were like a dozen of so updates every few years on gtagarage, some of the bugs you are refering to probably already didn't exist for a while.

I see that windows 10 scaling has a serious problem with the tool, i can't do much as i don't have a windows 10 environment to test it, if microsoft craps on their own APIs every few years, they could have better backwards compatibility.

Damage to modding my ass.. Think whatever you want to.

The Hero: It supports uncompressed 565 and 4444, at least in vice city mode (i'm not sure it will save them as 16 bit in sa version) - no 1555 sadly, i'm not sure why this would be even useful for?

Silent

if microsoft craps on their own APIs every few years, they could have better backwards compatibility.

FYI Windows backwards compatibility is excellent, if you're encountering issues like this (and they are not related to DirectDraw) then it's more than likely to be your own issue.

EDIT:

TXD format has to be somehow broken in Workshop though, I remember encountering issues where textures beyond some arbitrary file size just stopped displaying correctly in the game. Also hooked up RW errors to output me messages and oh boy, literally every TXD threw errors at me (didn't log them, so cannot quote them at the moment, sorry).

Edited by Silent

The Hero

The Hero: It supports uncompressed 565 and 4444, at least in vice city mode (i'm not sure it will save them as 16 bit in sa version) - no 1555 sadly, i'm not sure why this would be even useful for?

Hm, I don't remember if I've ever seen 565 and 4444 textures in GTA, could be but not all that likely because they're not supported on the PS2. But 1555 is certainly used in a few places. particle.txd/reflection01 in III is an obvious candidate but there are more. Edited by The Hero

cj2000

Not shure about the current version, but all txdWorckshop versions I know were suporting PC formats only.

The Hero

Yes, and? 1555 16 bit textures are totally used in the PC version of gta III, as i said above.

JernejL

if microsoft craps on their own APIs every few years, they could have better backwards compatibility.

FYI Windows backwards compatibility is excellent, if you're encountering issues like this (and they are not related to DirectDraw) then it's more than likely to be your own issue.

EDIT:

TXD format has to be somehow broken in Workshop though, I remember encountering issues where textures beyond some arbitrary file size just stopped displaying correctly in the game. Also hooked up RW errors to output me messages and oh boy, literally every TXD threw errors at me (didn't log them, so cannot quote them at the moment, sorry).

Actually the compatibility is not as good as you describe it, scaling changes in windows 8 did a terrible job, when you see for example img menu buttons with different font - those buttons are created and initialized EXACTLY the same as the txd menu side - no change among them, yet windows 8 / 10 renders them completely differently, the font problem IS scaling problem.

The Hero: Vice city PC would use 565 and 4444 when DXT was unavailible, they actually have made a built-in decompressor + converter to create a img file with decompressed TXDs for such scenarios, if you used 16 but color depth, the game would generate 565 + 4444 format txds.

If 1555 was used in gta3, that's a pretty old game, isn't it simply possible to use a better 32bit raw image format instead?

Ash_735 & Silent: I'd love to have you both post a proper bug report with examples, i've re-checked generated files with rwanalyse again, there are no issues, if you can point one out, i will fix it, if you had a problem with a very old or earlier versions then your info is outdated, as they are not appearing with current one.

The Hero

The Hero: Vice city PC would use 565 and 4444 when DXT was unavailible, they actually have made a built-in decompressor + converter to create a img file with decompressed TXDs for such scenarios, if you used 16 but color depth, the game would generate 565 + 4444 format txds.

If 1555 was used in gta3, that's a pretty old game, isn't it simply possible to use a better 32bit raw image format instead?

Oh yes, I remember having txd.img in VC on my PC in 2003/4...so 565 and 4444 are used then, good. But still, the argument that gta3 is old is pretty lousy, so are VC and SA. Of course you can replace the textures with 32 bit ones, but for that you need another TXD tool to extract them first. Why not just support 1555? It's so easy.

cj2000

Yes, and? 1555 16 bit textures are totally used in the PC version of gta III, as i said above.

Sorry, just misunderstood you, I personally have never seen 16 bit textures in PC version txds, but that has nothing to said.

OK, but what about reading such format?

DK22Pac

Just want to let you know it generates wrong mipmaps.

Edited by DK22Pac

JernejL

Can you give more information on this? What exactly does "wrong mipmaps" mean?

cj2000

Can you give more information on this? What exactly does "wrong mipmaps" mean?

Not shure, what he was tallking about, but DXT5 compressed textures with mipmaps seem to let your tool crash.

Also importing uncompressed txds, created with txdWorckshop is a problem, geting this error mesage:

1c9fed1d9e31.png

Edited by cj2000