3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Mike_Toreno

Scarface Chat

DJDJ

Scar face was cool, as was goodfellers (been watching it today actually (taped it from TCM)

Anyone seen Carlito's Way? thats prolly my fave Al pacino film

Mike_Toreno
Scar face was cool, as was goodfellers (been watching it today actually (taped it from TCM)

Anyone seen Carlito's Way? thats prolly my fave Al pacino film

Hmm.. I'll have to rent Goodfellas some time, all my friends say it rocks. And it probably does. And nah, I haven't seen Carlito's Way, though I may look into it, as it had Al Pacino in it. biggrin.gif

Soon I'm gonna have to gather up all my "gangster" films and watch them all in a row.

inlove.gif

Wolfwood

Some of my favourites include:

"You bastard!" turns into "You butcher!"

"You got that look in your eye, like you a'int been f*cked in a year" turns into "You got that look in your eye, like you a'int been danced in a year"

"Who I f*ck and when I f*ck is none of your concern" turns into "Who I dance with and when I dance is none of your concern"

"Why don't you go shove your head up your ass, see if it fits" turns into "Why don't you go shove your head down your toilet, see if it fits"

D Jones
The edited version is stupid. I couldn't sit there and watch it, because most of the classic lines were edited.

Dr. Stupid
The edited version is stupid. I couldn't sit there and watch it, because most of the classic lines were edited.

I agree. "Joo pees of chit" (Translated from Al Pacino into "You piece os sh*t.") doesn't sound as good when 'chit' is blanked out.

-Dr. Stupid, PhD

ATK
The best thing about the film is the music. Some of the best. And the music they play at the end is a work of art. music.gif

mirzab14

One of my favorite movie. Al Pachino did an amazing job playing as Tony Montana.

johnson.
Anyway, I hate all that Wigga bullsh*t, I'm in to watching "REAL" Gangster films, like Scarface, The Godfather, Pulp Fiction, Donny Brasco, Resevior Dogs, etc.

Not sh*t like "Boys in da Hood". I've seen that before, and then did I realise how sh*t it was. suicidal.gif

You damn nub!

Boys In The Hood, Menace 2 Society. They where the first movies to take a look at what life was like in Compton, Long Beach, L.A. I damn well say it was better then Scarface. Scarface was movie that was to far fetched almost unreal. Boys In The Hood On the other hand was more realistic by not seeing someone shot in the head a billion times in 20 seconds. I admit Scarface had a great storyline and plot, it was just to far fetched.

Wolfwood
Anyway, I hate all that Wigga bullsh*t, I'm in to watching "REAL" Gangster films, like Scarface, The Godfather, Pulp Fiction, Donny Brasco, Resevior Dogs, etc.

Not sh*t like "Boys in da Hood". I've seen that before, and then did I realise how sh*t it was. suicidal.gif

You damn nub!

Boys In The Hood, Menace 2 Society. They where the first movies to take a look at what life was like in Compton, Long Beach, L.A. I damn well say it was better then Scarface. Scarface was movie that was to far fetched almost unreal. Boys In The Hood On the other hand was more realistic by not seeing someone shot in the head a billion times in 20 seconds. I admit Scarface had a great storyline and plot, it was just to far fetched.

It is a bit, yes.

JPif

I just got it for X-mas. I could watch this movie over and over and over and over and over and... dozingoff.gif . Anyway...my favorite characters are Tony and Manny.

My favorite scenes: Chainsaw scene, Omar thrown out of chopper smile.gif, when Tony's sister goes crazy near the end wow.gif, and the last scene when he gets assassinated with the shotty.

Groovy
Some of my favourites include:

"You bastard!" turns into "You butcher!"

"You got that look in your eye, like you a'int been f*cked in a year" turns into "You got that look in your eye, like you a'int been danced in a year"

"Who I f*ck and when I f*ck is none of your concern" turns into "Who I dance with and when I dance is none of your concern"

"Why don't you go shove your head up your ass, see if it fits" turns into "Why don't you go shove your head down your toilet, see if it fits"

One of the reasons I love edited movies on TV. IMo, the ones that take the cake are Die Hard with A Vengance and The Big Lebowski.

ganja_man_biatch
and who could forget "where you got that beauty mark from? eating pineapples?" edit classic

Super Rockin' Mr. Magic

I quite liked this film but it wudn't be in my top 10

*flame retardent suit? check*

I found it to be slow and tiresome in parts

And can somebody tell me why gangster rappers love it so much? is it because he (just incase) pulls himself out of the gutter to become rich and powerful? do they not realise that he is a unstable pshychotic maniac who would kill his friends with no hesitation to get to the top? now psyhco's are entertaining to watch but their no role models lol.

Andyzoot

It's a good film but not the best. Pacino was good in it, no doubt about that and had the Cuban accent down well. I didn't particularly have a favourite scene from the film. They were all of equal goodness. But if I want to watch a Gangster film I'll stick to Goodfellas cool.gif

"How the f*ck am I funny?!"

Saggy

I liked the movie. I mean, it's pretty overated now days, but it's a decent movie.

I have a Scarface poster in my room that a friend gave me for my birthday, for some odd reason. I like it when people come over, and they're like, weirded out by a fat white metal-head having a Scarface poster. 'Tis great.

Andyzoot

Yeah I have a poster too. It's a big long one to go on your door. I like the Cover Art. It's good.

Groovy

Hell, even I have the poster, though mine is signed by Pacino. Got it for Christmas a few years back.

ganja_man_biatch
i gotta be honest with you guys scarface was the first real gangsta movie i saw since i was like 8. i guess growing up with it sorta had me biased, but it opened me up to the genre. and i'm also guilty of the poster i bought in the mall that some guy drew right infornt of me biggrin.gif , that was cool.

Rayo Puño
I finally got Scarface yesterday. It was pretty good, even though the part with that song, Push It to the Limit, was a little corny. The montauge or whatever. Edited by Rayo Puño

King Kapone

Scarface is good and all but Carlito's Way is tons better.

Both directed by Brian DePalma so you can't go wrong.

He sort of fell off with The Untouchables and the sequel (?) The Untouchables: Capone Rising will probably slack off too. He stretches the truth in movies based off real people.

a.k.a. Tristan

Yeah De Palma knows something about that genre but if it comes to gangster movies for me it's Scorsese, Coppola then DePalma.

Anyway I think Scarface is more like a drug movie, not a typical gangster movie - it's an individual rise and fall story...

Edited by a.k.a. Tristan

DiVaio
Scarface is a great movie, and not just because all the celebrities in MTV Cribs have it in their DVD collection. First of all, the soundtrack is great, but the storyline is what makes me watch this movie again. I've seen it quite often now and it still gets my attention till the end. It's a definite classic.

poopskin

a question on the actors: didn't al capone die decades ago?

ganja_man_biatch
yes al capone did did many decades ago. i hope you didn't mean al pacino

poopskin

aw crap, pachino, not capone? @$#$%%^^&^$&&!!!!!

a.k.a. Tristan
a question on the actors: didn't al capone die decades ago?

Fortunately AL PACINO is alive! And he made a few great movies in the last two decades too. In Heat (one of my all-time favourites) was just brilliant as Vincent Hanna. Sensational!!! One of the best actors ever...

ganja_man_biatch
isn't heat the one with robert dinero? if thta's it, it was a friggin amazing movie.

a.k.a. Tristan

isn't heat the one with robert dinero?  if thta's it, it was a friggin amazing movie.

Yep. With de Niro, Val Kilmer, Tom Sizemore, Jon Voight and a few more great actors. smile.gif

D Jones

"I neva f*cked anybody over in my life, who didn't have it comin' to 'im, you got that? All I have in this world is my balls, and my word, and I don't break 'em for no one, jou understand?"

One of the best quotes in the movie.