1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Snow effects

Dr kazama

original gangster

cry.gif

Okay...first of all, there's some ungrateful people in here. Calling them lazy, what because they left snow out!? If it was in, would you be calling it ''the best game ever''!? No, infact if it was there I doubt that it would affect your view on the game at all. I'm guessing you're just pissed off that it's not there and there has been so much hype about it, well don't blame R*. We STILL don't know wheather they even said there was going to be snow. Also, like i've said a million times before, they could of taken it out due to how crappy it worked with limitations on psp. If that's the case, then if they had left it in, people would be complaining about how sloppy the snow is, and how crappy it is. All the better to take out a crud feature that doesn't work right than leave it in.

I still doubt there is snow, and if there's not then I wont be affected too much, as I know that I can still get hours of fun out of the game when I get it. Snow wouldn't of increased playability.

By all means, someone can prove me wrong by getting proof.

Edited by original gangster

Okay I got past the 6 mission in the Capital Autos and got to get money from Capital Autos and I was allowed to go farther than mission 6 but when you fail mission 7 you are not allowed to go back to mission 7 so in other words I cannot do mission 7 or farther.

well.... i got to level 8 and no snow... i am now collecting money from the dealership and have a badass car inside, but never saw any snow... i didn't save it at level 5, and don't think I saved it at all during any of the levels, which sucks because I have no proof either way... one more friggin' level, man... that's all i had.... sucks

i guess i'll try it again sometime, but damn.... I need a break.

cry.gif

Okay...first of all, there's some ungrateful people in here. Calling them lazy, what because they left snow out!? If it was in, would you be calling it ''the best game ever''!? No, infact if it was there I doubt that it would affect your view on the game at all. I'm guessing you're just pissed off that it's not there and there has been so much hype about it, well don't blame R*. We STILL don't know wheather they even said there was going to be snow. Also, like i've said a million times before, they could of taken it out due to how crappy it worked with limitations on psp. If that's the case, then if they had left it in, people would be complaining about how sloppy the snow is, and how crappy it is. All the better to take out a crud feature that doesn't work right than leave it in.

I still doubt there is snow, and if there's not then I wont be affected too much, as I know that I can still get hours of fun out of the game when I get it. Snow wouldn't of increased playability.

By all means, someone can prove me wrong by getting proof.

srry i was a bit mad..

anyway 120 days passed(ingame) no snow

well.... i got to level 8 and no snow... i am now collecting money from the dealership and have a badass car inside, but never saw any snow... i didn't save it at level 5, and don't think I saved it at all during any of the levels, which sucks because I have no proof either way... one more friggin' level, man... that's all i had.... sucks

i guess i'll try it again sometime, but damn.... I need a break.

Sorry man, only reason I had a save at level 5 was because I failed it the first time. So I went and saved and it let's you start from there. I checked my stats and it shows 42 cars sold, so including the 3 times I failed to get to level six, that means I sold roughly 33 cars, divided by 4, that means I was at level 9, the snow made driving so hard I didn't even get the offroad sale. But My guess is the snow and rain are random. Seems like every level after 4 was something random, like them wanting a different color paint job. The rain that made me fail level 5 wasn't there the next time I tried. So I don't know, all I know is what I saw.

As far as all these people saying "prove it." I actually thought about borrowing a camera but it's not worth the effort. Sooner or later someone else will find the same thing I did and they'll post too. It's fricken snow, not gold from the sky or free cash. Geez, it's not even that good of a snow effect. Wait for the game to come out there and then you can see for yourself. I'm not going to prove something I posted as a simple yeah I saw some. Believe it, don't believe it, I don't care. When you get the game, you'll see for yourself. Until then, believe what you like, it doesn't matter to me.

I will continue to post things I see and find, like the 18+ packages I documented on another thread in an effort to help others find those. Stuff like this isn't even worth the agrivation you people seem to get out of it.

i beleive black 7 because all the gta lcs sites still say theres snow. it would be on every site if there wasn't.

I haven't seen this anywhere in this thread, but I found this on GameFAQs:

user posted image

The one who took this claims that this is snow.

user posted image

umm the link deont work forme

user posted image

Not sure what that looks like, considering Rockstar changed most of the textures anyway for the new game. I.e, the water and roads. It could be snow, although it looks like frost or a new texture for a road, not entirely convinced its snow, besides black 7 said he saw particles slowly moving down to the ground and diappareing, that doesn't look present in that shot, partyl due to the fact it has been taken with a digital camera and the brightness on the PSP spoiles the image a bit. Video is the ont way to catch it in motion as we need to see the moving snow particles.

GtaFreak_blingbling

Hey guys

just let it go tounge.gif

I said let it go ! angry.gif

if there is snow somewhere in LC

then just take a good looking picture

if you don't have a camera just go to your friend

ore something that has a camera

if snow is in there somewhere we will be happy ,if not

just let it go man

i don't have the game since i live in Europe sneaky2.gif

but c' mon the game it self isn 't gonna s*ck because

there is no snow wink.gif

Wel, if it's gonna s*ck for you because there is no snow tounge2.gif

Just go to your mom and say : mom there is no snow cryani.gif

-------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------

rahkstar2.gif still has the creativest minds in the whole world

and they know what games are about

user posted image

Not sure what that looks like, considering Rockstar changed most of the textures anyway for the new game. I.e, the water and roads. It could be snow, although it looks like frost or a new texture for a road, not entirely convinced its snow, besides black 7 said he saw particles slowly moving down to the ground and diappareing, that doesn't look present in that shot, partyl due to the fact it has been taken with a digital camera and the brightness on the PSP spoiles the image a bit. Video is the ont way to catch it in motion as we need to see the moving snow particles.

Still...its similar to that mafia pic on portland.

user posted image

Still...its similar to that mafia pic on portland.

Perhaps that area gets a lot of snow due to its latitude levels as is one of the highest points in Liberty City. One bad excuse could be that it used to snow in Saint Marks becuase in San Andreas it did, but becuase in 1998 global warming was such a big issue the increase of the global temperature caused less snow to be present, hence the roads in Saint Marks being that way, i mean there are loads of rubbish excuses but original gangster is right, if there was snow in LCS, we wouldn't have made a topic about it becuase it wouldn't have been such a big deal. As Joni Mitchell said "You don't know what you had until its gone"

user posted image

Well done thanks for the proof, i'm sure all the people can sleep well tonight knowing that theres a frosty delight in thir UMD. Seriously though thanks man, you proved me wrong as well as a load of other people, i guess this 3-4 day topic which has been alive for so long can die peacefully now smile.gif

But seriously, people will still be asking where the snow is for the next couple of months.

Yep, "Those white snow like specs falling doesn't prove anything, i ant to se the snow on video or with my real eyes, that picture of snow doesn't mean anything!!"

Anyways, thanks again "The_Grudge" for these shots, as its helped a lot of us out. smile.gif

But when does that happen?

It may prove snow but it could be photoshopped.

Im not trying to prove it wrong it's just a suggestion.

Great pics "The Grudge". Well done finally some proof. Loved the first pic of the fake snow. It is too bad that the only way to get this snow is from the Capital Autos missions those are a pain in the but. Do you guys think this might open up possibilitys to a cheat for the snow weather effect?

Great pics "The Grudge". Well done finally some proof. Loved the first pic of the fake snow. It is too bad that the only way to get this snow is from the Capital Autos missions those are a pain in the but. Do you guys think this might open up possibilitys to a cheat for the snow weather effect?

Well edison carter has revealed all the weather cheats that we know of so far, however he did say there were 10 more that needed to be found, so it wouldn't surprise me if there was totally seperate "Snow cheat"

10 really just 10 more cheats needed to be found for GTA:LCS. How do you guys find out cheats for a game like just load the disc in the computer or something.

original gangster

^I believe Edison carter had pics of how he did it.

Anyway that was much appreciated the grudge, they look pretty real. I'm still not convinced 100% about it though, there's a possibility it could be photoshopped but I somehow doubt that. Thank you, finally a bit of proof that we could have snow.

10 really just 10 more cheats needed to be found for GTA:LCS. How do you guys find out cheats for a game like just load the disc in the computer or something.

I think it involves wiring up your controller and making it press all the posssible button combinations and seeing what happens, its a long and hefty process but it get results. At least i think that's how it works, i can't think of any other way.

WOW, finally someone else found it. I thought I was gonna go nuts with everyone questioning my honesty. It was exactly where I said it would be, in the car sales missions. But yer right, it didn't settle on the ground, it just acted like an extra slippery rain effect. If it can come on during those missions I'd bet there's gotta be a cheat to cause it too. I'm still kinda hoping for a full winter effect though. Would make for a more interesting view if the seasons changed and trees and such changed too. Maybe in GTA4, we an hope.

WOW, finally someone else found it. I thought I was gonna go nuts with everyone questioning my honesty. It was exactly where I said it would be, in the car sales missions. But yer right, it didn't settle on the ground, it just acted like an extra slippery rain effect. If it can come on during those missions I'd bet there's gotta be a cheat to cause it too. I'm still kinda hoping for a full winter effect though. Would make for a more interesting view if the seasons changed and trees and such changed too. Maybe in GTA4, we an hope.

It's a bit odd that the snow effect only activates during those missions, are you sure it can't just occur randomly like any other of the weather effects?

original gangster

It's a bit odd that the snow effect only activates during those missions, are you sure it can't just occur randomly like any other of the weather effects?

hmmm, if it's just for the salesman missions then it would seem pointless to have it a one time event. There's still a little bit of research to be done on the snow, to see when if it triggers at specific events. Of course it could be that it's random, but seeing as though the pictures are in the salesman missions and Black7 saw it while doing them also, it might be just during these mission types and odd jobs.

hmmm, if it's just for the salesman missions then it would seem pointless to have it a one time event. There's still a little bit of research to be done on the snow, to see when if it triggers at specific events. Of course it could be that it's random, but seeing as though the pictures are in the salesman missions and Black7 saw it while doing them also, it might be just during these mission types and odd jobs.

MAybe after the missions have been done snow is activated here on after, meaning snow is some kind of reward for completing the salemans missions. Although if this was the case Rockstar have lost their marbles. wow.gif

MAybe after the missions have been done snow is activated here on after, meaning snow is some kind of reward for completing the salemans missions. Although if this was the case Rockstar have lost their marbles. wow.gif

I dunno about rockstar losing there marbles, if everyone wants snow so badly they should work for it

I dunno about rockstar losing there marbles, if everyone wants snow so badly they should work for it

When you mean "work for it" what do you mean, do you mean complete the car saleman missions to do it, i don't think it would be a very good GTA if we had to work for weather effects.