4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Snow effects

Dr kazama

original gangster
So we've come to the conclusion there is no snow. Another Rockstar lie.

As I said before, they might of been planning on doing it but weren't happy with the result, due to limitations of psp. I recall someone saying in this topic that PSM played a preview and apparently there was snow. If that's true, then they must of taken it out.

Yep, this is the same as the skatboard for GTA San Andreas, it was going to be a weopon as it was in the game code but it was taken out for a stll, unknown reason.

hmmm....the skateboard is still in the codes though, that's how the modders made the mod that put it back into the game, I think. IF the snow code is still in the LSC codes, there's a chance modders could re-enable it. Though I think that R* would of completely removed it, and probably for all the good reasons.

So we've come to the conclusion there is no snow. Another Rockstar lie.

As I said before, they might of been planning on doing it but weren't happy with the result, due to limitations of psp. I recall someone saying in this topic that PSM played a preview and apparently there was snow. If that's true, then they must of taken it out.

Yep, this is the same as the skatboard for GTA San Andreas, it was going to be a weopon as it was in the game code but it was taken out for a stll, unknown reason.

hmmm....the skateboard is still in the codes though, that's how the modders made the mod that put it back into the game, I think. IF the snow code is still in the LSC codes, there's a chance modders could re-enable it. Though I think that R* would of completely removed it, and probably for all the good reasons.

Yep, i don't think Rockstar would leave anything unused in the codes as it would have taken up valuable space on the UMD, LCS needs all the space on that disc it can.

user posted image

So is the snow still in the coding though?

Or will it have to be ported to pc to search?

OK, I hope this isn't a SPOILER.

I found snow...

During the car salesman mission, after I win the level where Tony starts getting kickback money, the game let me keep playing salesman. I can't remember if it was level 7 or 9 but it shocked me to see it was snowing. Snow drifted down slowly and the streets and offroad area got VERY slippery. BUT no snow stayed on the ground. It was basically just a slow drifting falling snow effect like rain and that's all.

Edited by Black7

Great i f*cking hate you now cheers!

text goes the f*ck here

Ok so there is snow maybe certain days missions?

Can you take a piccy?

tfdt7hY.gif

I found snow...

During the car salesman mission, after I win the level where Tony starts getting kickback money, the game let me keep playing salesman. I can't remember if it was level 7 or 9 but it shocked me to see it was snowing. Snow drifted down slowly and the streets and offroad area got VERY slippery. BUT no snow stayed on the ground. It was basically just a slow drifting falling snow effect like rain and that's all.

Wow, well if you could get a video of this we would be grateful as im not sure what is classed as snow and what isn't. What you may call snow may not be snow to others. I do believe toy but its the fact that no-one else who owns the game has seen it which is what sceptisises me confused.gif

EDIT:Should have used spoiler tags, i may as well own the game now, i know everything about it. I want some suprises. To be fair though Black did put,

I hope this isn't a SPOILER
although the tags that Funky suggested would have been more appropiate Edited by Rob_UK
user posted image

He didn't actually say it was a spoiler he says i hope it isn't and it was.

I could write my own review now that i know so much.

Or we could ask kuiosikle to make a video (he's good at the psp videos) for his gtaunderground site.

tfdt7hY.gif

Or we could ask kuiosikle to make a video (he's good at the psp videos) for his gtaunderground site.

How does he make them? Does he have one of the TV adapters for the PSP??Then connect a VHS up to the TV and record it then put it straght to PC??? I want a TV adapter, i reckon Sony will mass produce one as an offical accessory.

I hope us UK-nites discover soem new things about LCS, as this delay has really taken its toll in terms of storyline and spoilers.

user posted image

I tried to find the post on how to post spoilers but someone unpinned it and I couldn't find it so I put it in big cap letters. Sorry.

I modded my old post to the spoiler tags. Sorry if I ruined anything for someone. The details I posted I tried to make as vague as possible but it was relevant on how I got to it. As far as believing me, well, frankly I don't care either way. I posted because I saw it. Try it and see if you can confirm it, shouldn't be hard. My other posts should make it clear, I don't post BS.

How does he make them? Does he have one of the TV adapters for the PSP??Then connect a VHS up to the TV and record it then put it straght to PC??? I want a TV adapter, i reckon Sony will mass produce one as an offical accessory.

I hope us UK-nites discover soem new things about LCS, as this delay has really taken its toll in terms of storyline and spoilers.

Sony does now have a "tv adapter", basically you pay them 350 dollars, they give you a box that you attach to your tv and it streams your tv onto the internet, you then access it from the wi-fi on your psp. You can only watch what the TV station is set to, but I think you can change the channel. Problem is either no one esle can use that tv or you gotta watch what they're watching. WAY too expensive for such a limited way to do it.

The 2.5 update for the psp is mainly to add compatability for this new device to the psp. Someone else made a big post on it.

I found snow...

Was it different to the rain, or was it just more slippery

Sony does now have a "tv adapter", basically you pay them 350 dollars, they give you a box that you attach to your tv and it streams your tv onto the internet, you then access it from the wi-fi on your psp. You can only watch what the TV station is set to, but I think you can change the channel. Problem is either no one esle can use that tv or you gotta watch what they're watching. WAY too expensive for such a limited way to do it.

The 2.5 update for the psp is mainly to add compatability for this new device to the psp. Someone else made a big post on it.

Thanks, this is useful, i thought it worked via a PSP to TV adapter. I would buy one of those. Thanks for the detailed explanation. This clears up a lot of things for me thanks.

user posted image

Visually it was different from rain in that is kind of drifted down like a slow snow does and it was white. But gameplay wise it's just a more slippery version of rain.

I've heard that it isn't in the game.

But, maybe Rocksatr will maka downloadable thing for it.

Its either not in the game, or only start to snow when its actually December. Like it reads the date on your PSP and it snows in the game. Something like the simpson racing game specials.

Visually it was different from rain in that is kind of drifted down like a slow snow does and it was white. But gameplay wise it's just a more slippery version of rain.

Is it dense, like that of the sand storm in San An

Is it dense, like that of the sand storm in San An

I feeling he's making it up. I don't know why.

I guess from my days on the PlayStation Boards where EVER-f*ckING-ONE lyed about GTA:San Andreas.

Like one person who said they got the game like 20 days before it came out confused.gif

Please get a video, even if its just your video camera pointed at your PSP

biggrin.gif PLEEEEASE biggrin.gif

I feeling he's making it up. I don't know why.

I guess from my days on the PlayStation Boards where EVER-f*ckING-ONE lyed about GTA:San Andreas.

Like one person who said they got the game like 20 days before it came out confused.gif

Please get a video, even if its just your video camera pointed at your PSP

biggrin.gif PLEEEEASE biggrin.gif

You know what, why don't you get off the fricken boards and try what I detailed or just wait for someone who does have the game to verify it. It's that simple...

Edited by Black7

original gangster
The fact that you seem to be the only one who has seen snow leads us to doubt you confused.gif If you can get proof, or if anyone else can, then i'll believe it.

For those who wanted to know how the bridge and ferry is blocked, they aren't. For the Callahan Bridge, a few cones are blocking the roads which you could walk or drive over (when I first played I got happy thinking i was able go to Staunton) but theres a huge gap in between with no way to get across. With the ferry terminal the workers on strike and when you cross the picket line they start to jump you and theres about 12 of them so you're stuck if you don't have a gun. And with the bridge to Shorside the same workers are striking there and they try to jump if once you pass and the lift part of the bridge is up so you can't cross it anyway.

So R* got us this time unless you use the cars drive on water cheat.

Edited by SI MoViE StAr

For those who wanted to know how the bridge and ferry is blocked, they aren't. For the Callahan Bridge, a few cones are blocking the roads which you could walk or drive over (when I first played I got happy thinking i was able go to Staunton) but theres a huge gap in between with no way to get across. With the ferry terminal the workers on strike and when you cross the picket line they start to jump you and theres about 12 of them so you're stuck if you don't have a gun. And with the bridge to Shorside the same workers are striking there and they try to jump if once you pass and the lift part of the bridge is up so you can't cross it anyway.

So R* got us this time unless you use the cars drive on water cheat.

I wanted to know this....when i played the game, please don't refrain from using spoiler tags as i feel part fo the game has already been spoilt for me with all the discussion on it.

user posted image

No I don't have a tv adapter for PSP...yet. What I've been doing is setting up my digital camcorder on a tripod facing the psp, which I have on a table infront of me. Then I use the headphone jack on the psp to capture direct sound from the game.

I will be able to get footage directly from the PSP to my computer once the PSP2TV adapter is released.

Unfortunately I have yet to see snow, and once I do you can bet there will be a video of it. I've beaten the game already so I guess I could try doing what Black7 said he did when he saw it.

No I don't have a tv adapter for PSP...yet. What I've been doing is setting up my digital camcorder on a tripod facing the psp, which I have on a table infront of me. Then I use the headphone jack on the psp to capture direct sound from the game.

I will be able to get footage directly from the PSP to my computer once the PSP2TV adapter is released.

Unfortunately I have yet to see snow, and once I do you can bet there will be a video of it. I've beaten the game already so I guess I could try doing what Black7 said he did when he saw it.

Thats it PSP2TV, at the moment its where you have to open up your PSP to work it right? Costs around $75 which is arounf £40, i would get one, but only a PSP2TV that didn't void the warrantty of my PSP.

user posted image

' date='Oct 29 2005, 19:51'] just a thought, anyone changed the psp date to around christmas? maybe then itll snow

Ye, this was said a few pages back. Someone set theirs to xmas and nothing happend. Well if the video comes out with proof then i'm converted. biggrin.gif

user posted image

R* always lie

no new landmass no snow no enterable building...

i should have save the monoey for a better game...

r* lazy ass

R* always lie

r* lazy ass

Go find me an official statement from Rockstar that says they have included snow in the game then.

Oh, and while your at it, find me a better PSP game.

R* always lie

r* lazy ass

No snow until proven wrong. If that ever happens.

And there are enterable buildings, such as the one which is your first hideout. All so its been said. I don't own the game so i have no idea.

user posted image

R* always lie

r* lazy ass

This is the best game...

bbq.gif

R* always lie

r* lazy ass

No snow until proven wrong. If that ever happens.

And there are enterable buildings, such as the one which is your first hideout. All so its been said. I don't own the game so i have no idea.

yea i own the game

3 enterable buildings=3 safe houses

i beat the game still no snow

and no landmass