3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

Snow effects

AidenXChaos, try not to double post next time please, edit your last post.

I realy dont think there is any snow in the game at this point, I mean some one ould have found it by now. But I do hope Rockstart keep the game updated with cool unlockables.

When was snow actually confirmed by R*? As far as I remember a lot of people (including journalists speculating on features) assumed there would be snow after seeing a magazine scan of the screenshot below. Which is kind of understandable as parts of the pavement/sidewalk/whatever are light in colour, but they're like that in GTA3 too.

user posted image

If it was something that was ever supposed to be in there it isn't the kind of feature that would be implimented at the last minute like something that could be an afterthought like custom soundtracks could be.

I think you will find snow is not in the game. It's a rumor and people in this topic are saying R* have confirmed snow allthough I dont think they have. If someone can tell me where they confirmed this then ok but no one has yet.
logical' date='Oct 28 2005, 10:13'] When was snow actually confirmed by R*? As far as I remember a lot of people (including journalists speculating on features) assumed there would be snow after seeing a magazine scan of the screenshot below. Which is kind of understandable as parts of the pavement/sidewalk/whatever are light in colour, but they're like that in GTA3 too.

user posted image

If it was something that was ever supposed to be in there it isn't the kind of feature that would be implimented at the last minute like something that could be an afterthought like custom soundtracks could be.

actually there is a real pic of the snow. let me find it.

I'm pretty sure that PSM said there was snow after they played an early version of the game, they even mentioned something about the driving physics changing. I don't know its been awhile and I'd have to search for that copy to be sure.

So maybe it is in the european version. Just as maybe as the custom tracks might be solved in the europe version.

I wouldn't count on it when people at R* didn't even think there was a delay until a couple of days ago. If the delay was being caused by a change in the code they'd surely know about it more than the distributor would (who announced the delay first).

actually there is a real pic of the snow. let me find it.

Please do.

I doubte they would let snow be a common weather patern, partly because people might get annoyed if it snowed every day, and snow it part of a seasonal weather pattern

Suggestion for LCS owners: WAIT UNTIL 365 game days pass and if there's not a snowthat means it is not in the game OR maybe the snow is almost as same as rain so you don't recodnize what is what

Nice idea, someone try it. It always snws on christmas day! xmas.gif

Not if you live in Adelaide.

Australia, stupid.

I doubt this is actually a feature, what about working car washes in San Andreas? tounge.gif

Nice idea, someone try it. It always snws on christmas day! xmas.gif

Not if you live in Adelaide.

Australia, stupid.

I doubt this is actually a feature, what about working car washes in San Andreas? tounge.gif

There are no working car ashes in San Andreas, it was just a rumour. Anyway on topic.

Im starting to become weary. If people have completed the game and haven't seen any traces of snow i am beginning to feel like there is no snow in the game.

original gangster

There are a few explanations. First of all, what [psycho]logical posted about the pavement just being light. Couple this with Liberty city in San Andreas having snow, and the rumours are that there is snow in the game start. Second of course, it could be one of them things that R* tried to get working, though weren't happy with the result due to the limitations of psp, and decided to take it out.

To be honest I don't think there is snow in the game, it would of been found by now.

Soon enough hackers will read all the files of the UMD and there will be an explanation. They did this with bigfoot. They read the code and there wasn't any for bigfoot. Its the best way to use this method to work out whether things are true or not as they get literally to the core of the problem and solve it.

original gangster
@Rob_UK:exactly. Also many weather cheats have been found by Edison Carter, and notice there is no snow cheat. I guess it's highly doubtful ther is snow, but we'll all know soon enough people search through the codes.
@Rob_UK:exactly. Also many weather cheats have been found by Edison Carter, and notice there is no snow cheat. I guess it's highly doubtful ther is snow, but we'll all know soon enough people search through the codes.

Thats a good point. The weather cheats give you the answer, which is no. Edison Carter knows all this stuff so im sure he would be up to the job.

So we've come to the conclusion there is no snow. Another Rockstar lie.

They lie about loads of things, "will multiplayer be in the game??"........"no"......."Will custom tracks be in the game???"......"no" all of which have been proved correct.

Whens the UK release of LCS coming out "28th" sarcasm.gif

original gangster

As I said before, they might of been planning on doing it but weren't happy with the result, due to limitations of psp. I recall someone saying in this topic that PSM played a preview and apparently there was snow. If that's true, then they must of taken it out.

As I said before, they might of been planning on doing it but weren't happy with the result, due to limitations of psp. I recall someone saying in this topic that PSM played a preview and apparently there was snow. If that's true, then they must of taken it out.

Yep, this is the same as the skatboard for GTA San Andreas, it was going to be a weopon as it was in the game code but it was taken out for a stll, unknown reason.

Yep, this is the same as the skatboard for GTA San Andreas, it was going to be a weopon as it was in the game code but it was taken out for a stll, unknown reason.

yeh, i read in a crappy mag that skateboards would be in San An, i forgot about it when it came out though, bikes are good enough for me