Resolution Issues

gfunk5o

When I go into my advanced display menu, they only resolution option it gives me is 640 x 480 x 32. I have a 3.6 ghz Pentium 4 with 512 ddr ram and a gfx go5200 video card. Help!

Edited by gfunk5o

Yes, I've used the left and right keys and the mouse wheel and those are absolutely my only options. Vice City allowed me to increase the resolution to the highest my monitor and Windows display settings allowed, but San Andreas won't.

I'm also having an issue selecting higher-resolutions. Essentially I can't select anything besides 800x600x32

I'm using the new GTA: San Andreas Second Edition

My rig:

AMD64 3500+

2GB XMS Corsair

MSI K8N Neo4-F Platinum

XFX 6800GT 256MB

160GB SATAII HDD

WINXPSP2

AUDIGY 2 VALUE

I assumed I would have some decent specs to run this game, apparently I was wrong! ha! In Advanced Options I cannot select a different resolution, it is on 800x600x32, and it is grayed out. Also, I cannot change the Anti-Aliasing setting, it is grayed out and set to 'Off'. I'll see if I can post a screenshot later tonight.

Any thoughts?

Edited by PVTcorbin

Yeah, it's really annoying. The only resolution SA is allowing me is lower than my lowest monitor setting. I'm also playing on version 2.

Maybe you're forcing something in the drivers. Put it to ''application controled'' or something like that. Every time you change a setting in the drivers, delete gta_sa.set.Update graphics driver. After updating you should also delete gta_sa.set. This .set file thing is really anoying and very interesting .I don't know of any other game where you have to delete files in order for the game to work. Rockstar should stop making games on Rendreware but instead on Unreal Engine 3. But that probably won't happen.

My resolution problems were actually user error.

When I loaded the game up last night, I could highlight the AntiAliasing and Resolution, but clicking the mouse did nothing. Using the left-right arrow keys allowed these values to be changed, and I was blindly under the assumption the mouse could be used to change the values like the other settings. My bad.

Edited by PVTcorbin

I've tried everything, but continue to have this problem. I have finally submitted to playing on a tiny 640x480 screen. It might be small, but it looks good and runs well. I can't believe no one else has had this issue. Maybe it's only a problem in 2nd edition.