Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,153 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

edisoncarter

Important Firmware Version Info

edisoncarter

I just got the game, so here's the details.

The good news is, LCS only requires firmware version 2.0. With 2.0, you still have the option to downgrade to 1.5 and run homebrew. Homebrew is not just about cheesy games and emulators; any kind of mods or trainers or cheat device type codes will only be possible if you can run homebrew.

A copy of the 2.0 upgrade is included right on the GTA:LCS disc, here:

user posted image

There's no need to go to Sony and download an upgrade, and you shouldn't anyway because they'll stick you with 2.7. If you upgrade to 2.01 or higher, there's no way to downgrade.

Update:

I got in through the savefile. CheatDevice works with 2.0, 2.01, 2.5 and 2.6 but will NOT work with 2.7.

Firmware 2.7 patches the GTA savefile exploit. Do not upgrade to 2.7 or you will lose all ability to run homebrew or the CheatDevice.

Edited by edisoncarter

Muffins

very informative, great info edison biggrin.gifcookie.gif

GTA3Freak-2001
Yeah this is very useful, not just for cheats and stuff but also people who are wondering about LCS needing a certain update and worrying about where to get it. So yeah its important for people to know the game comes with the required update. Might just pin this as I am sure many people will ask about upgrading as the game is now officially out.

Vayne

So what you mean is: GTA LCS needs version 2.0 and with version 2.0 you still can switch back to 1.5 for homebrew (i expect homebrew is some kind of programs that makes modding possible?)

if you get a higher version then 2.0 you cant go back and you'll never be possible to use mods..

Am i right?

K^2

Is an update on the UMD an honest 2.00 version? I've read on one of the forums about someone trying to upgrade to 2.00 and ending up with 2.01. I wouldn't put it past Sony to put a 2.01 firmware update on a UMD with the game that only requires 2.00.

if you get a higher version then 2.0 you cant go back and you'll never be possible to use mods..

Am i right?

Never is an ugly word, but at this time there is no way to downgrade from 2.01 or 2.50. So it is much safer to stick with 2.00 in case downgraders for higher versions are never developed.

Opius

If you don't have 2.0, will the game refuse to run, or will it crash at a certain point?

GTAGodfather
If you don't have 2.0, will the game refuse to run, or will it crash at a certain point?

I assume the game will say somthing like "This game cannot be loaded. Please Upgrade to 2.00"

Also if your upgrade to 2.01 or 2.50 you cannot Downgrade. If you have version 2.00 you can downgrade through the buffer overrun exploit.

TWA

ah, great smile.gif

i guess it will be possible to run homebrew on 2.00 sometime. just give 'em some time to figure it out.

~Neon~
There are people already working on hacking this game to get it to work on a 1.5. They seem to have already found the problem as to why it wont load on a 1.5, seems to be some new check that the game does before hand, they are working on patching it so that it only performs the chacks that a 1.5 game would. Im not totaly sure as to whats going on as Im no hacker, but it looks promising. Hopefully by the time it comes out over here, there will be a fix for it so I dont have to loose my wunderful 1.50 that I waited so long for.

edisoncarter

@Neon: Thanks for the update.

As soon as they get it to run on 1.5, it'll be possible to make trainers and mods and stuff, and people can use version changer instead of upgrading.

Is an update on the UMD an honest 2.00 version? I've read on one of the forums about someone trying to upgrade to 2.00 and ending up with 2.01. I wouldn't put it past Sony to put a 2.01 firmware update on a UMD with the game that only requires 2.00.

Am i right?

Never is an ugly word, but at this time there is no way to downgrade from 2.01 or 2.50. So it is much safer to stick with 2.00 in case downgraders for higher versions are never developed.

I went back and checked and my System Information does say "System Software Version 2.00" after upgrading.

I guess "very possibly never" would be the most accurate word to use. The hackers have been lucky to find ways in so far. Sony can lock us out if they put their mind to it, and they seem to have put their mind to it.

It says "To start, you must update the system software."

sircheatsalot

when you say it wont do mods and cheats on 2.1 up, does that include armax type devices

edisoncarter

when you say it wont do mods and cheats on 2.01 up, does that include armax type devices

Yes, that means the armax, gameshark, codebreaker type of cheat codes.

There probably won't be AR/GS/CB disks you buy, but the same type of cheats can be done via a trainer in the form of a homebrew program.

njr1489
@Neon: Thanks for the update.

As soon as they get it to run on 1.5, it'll be possible to make trainers and mods and stuff, and people can use version changer instead of upgrading.

Am i right?

I went back and checked and my System Information does say "System Software Version 2.00" after upgrading.

I guess "very possibly never" would be the most accurate word to use. The hackers have been lucky to find ways in so far. Sony can lock us out if they put their mind to it, and they seem to have put their mind to it.

It says "To start, you must update the system software."

We'll just have to wait for a 2.00 loader that lets you use UMD emulator 0.8 to play, or wait until there is a 1.5 exploit. I say keep your eyes on a 2.00 EBOOT loader that accepts everything. They are getting there. As of now they already have emulators working, so progress is getting closer.

-Phoenix-

rampage_ani.gif

I already upgraded my PSP to 2.50 long before the game was released, I just hope there will be a version changer/version downgrader for any version........And I hope there will be a way to use mods, trainers, codes, etc. to any versions higher than 1.5/2.0 cause I don't want to be screwed over................

RE$PECT

cryani.gif Wait...i dont get it dontgetit.gif ...My PSP system is Version 1.52 does that mean im screwed and cant play the game because i was planning on getting it sunday.

Y_Less

No, you need to upgrade to V2.0

RE$PECT
No, you need to upgrade to V2.0

Thats all biggrin.gif Because the same thing happened with Burnout leggends it said "UPgrade system software"

Spiralvortex

The problem is it requires files specific to 2.0+ so 1.5 support is unlikely. BTW i personally havent tried it, but i have heard that those who try to run it with a version changer that the game just hangs before loading anything.

Fuscat

With WAB version changer it would try to load then an error would pop up on screen saying "Unable to load game FFFFFF***" (this last part appears to be a HEX value I just don't remember off hand what the exact string was hence the "*"'s)

I tried another version changer (don't remember which) but it just severly screwed up something settings wise as I ended up having to restore the PSP to factory defaults, to be able to get it even upgrade to the 2.0 that is on the GTA disc.

It blows that I had to upgrade a piece of hardware that I already bought and paid $250 for to play a game I just paid another $50 when I own both of them.

It sucks losing the homebrew, but well, it was completely worth it! It is GTA on PSP afterall! Plus I can use a downgrader to go back to v1.5 if something does come out that allows GTA on a 1.5 firmware.

Slamman

How about going back a step and explain "Homebrew" to some of us newbs who play what we get officially. I've yet to tamper with my GTA3 PC game in fact, I have worries about what will result, how to undo, how to implement successfully, etc. etc.

Do you just suggest other sites, search engines?

I haven't really had the time to do more then just play the various games biggrin.gif

Bill

njr1489
How about going back a step and explain "Homebrew" to some of us newbs who play what we get officially. I've yet to tamper with my GTA3 PC game in fact, I have worries about what will result, how to undo, how to implement successfully, etc. etc.

Do you just suggest other sites, search engines?

I haven't really had the time to do more then just play the various games biggrin.gif

Bill

You should know what homebrew is right? Well there are certain applications that let us gain advantage to using games or other things to download for free. There is an exploit that lets us downgrade our firmware version to 1.5, where homebrew was allowed. Apps like "UMD Emulator 0.8c" was the reason why sony kept making updates to keep piracy down. Well if you want to know a good site try www.pspupdates.com

scooby967

Will the game work with version 2.50?

Rob.

There's a download to downgrade your firmware form 2.0 to 1.5 although 2.5 has yet to be cracked so theres not going back once you go 2.5, yet anyway.

EDIT: The game works with 2.0 or above.

SIP YEK NOD

which is good, because a lot(not all) homebrew apps work with 2.0 and the 0.7 eboot loader.

i am still trying to find a genesis emu that works with 2.0

Rob.

Is it possible to put playstation 1 games that we already own onto the PSP?

~Neon~

Is it possible to put playstation 1 games that we already own onto the PSP?

You could put them on it, but you wouldnt be able to play them. There isnt a Playstation Emulator as of yet, to be honest, I have no idea how long till there will be one, if at all.

Think about it for a second, they are having enough trouble getting a Game Boy Emulator working on the PSP so its smooth enough to be playable, think how much harder it must be to get a Playstation working.

CTM

Think about it for a second, they are having enough trouble getting a Game Boy Emulator working on the PSP so its smooth enough to be playable, think how much harder it must be to get a Playstation working.

Uh, there's a fully-functioning GBC emulator for the PSP that works on both 1.5 and 2.0. It's existed for quite some time too. blink.gif I agree with you though, it'll either be ages or never until a PS1 emulator is released. There isn't even one for the PC yet, and the console is over a decade old.

Homebrew game trainers would be pretty damn nifty. Here's to hoping that some more exploits are found in the 2.0 firmware that will allow us to progress with something like this. Thanks for the info, edison smile.gif

Nipa

Uhh there's loads of PS1 emulators of PC. I don't have a PSP, but if in the unlikely chance I get LCS and a PSP, I'll make sure if there's nothing that downgrades your firmware, I'll use 2.0.

biggrin.gif -Nipa

Stoney385

ok, i'm new with the entire psp deal here but when you say you can't uses cheats, does that mean button cheats aswell?(excuse me if this sounds incredibly assinined)

Spiralvortex
There isn't even one for the PC yet, and the console is over a decade old.

Can you say Bleem!? btw there is a gba emulator that sorta works for psp and i think(though not sure) that the gba was more powerful than the ps1 so it could happen.