4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

tonywob

[WIP] IPL Editor

sbn

Great work!

Your program is getting better and better. Just don't quit supporting it wink.gif

Realy nice work, keep it up this way.

Here's your cookie.gif

tony_fish

I have a problem with the latest 0.12 release. At some places of the map, the program only can load the LOD files.

When I choose for distance 'near', my whole map consists of bits of streets and black spaces. I don't know how this is possible.

Can you please help me?

tonywob

I know there is a couple of problems with LODs, and I need to fix this. Can you tell me which IPL file you found corrupted?

tony_fish

It's all over San Andreas.

CountryN2.ipl is almost completely black if I load it NEAR.

But in every city there are a couple of streets and almost no buildings.

tony_fish

I tried it with a friend of mine and on his computer it works.

Does your San Andreas directory has to be marked ad Read Only?

I keep trying to mark that off, but when i click on OK and i look again, it jumps from itself back to read only.

I don't understand it.

But i don't think that that problem causes my problem with the MEd.

tony_fish

i still have the same problem, but i have a copy of the whole san andreas directory.

when i open that backup directory, i can see a lot more non-LOD files.

there are still a few black spaces, but not much.

i still don't know what my problem could be confused.gif

tonywob

I think I've worked out the problem. Basically, the drivers on your machine are reporting that they don't support various OpenGL extensions when they in fact do. I have added a tool into the next version which will generate a report, so hopefully I can find out what's going on for your particular card

aad

I was thinking of a few suggestions for to put in your map editor so here they come

- car placing (with a dialog like typing in cheetah and then x,y,z and then the rest will be autogenerated)

- somekind of easy to use search tool for items/objects.

im sure that there will be more suggestions but these things are kinda important and it will be a great addition to your tool. and dont mind my bad english im only trying to type it so people will understand..

good luck on your tool Tonywob.

wauzie
I have added a tool into the next version which will generate a report, so hopefully I can find out what's going on for your particular card.

I can't wait to test and send you the report....i really want to use your fantastic tool icon14.gif .

tonywob

@aad

The latest version 0.12a has a built-in search feature in all the dialogs, makes it much faster to find exactly what you want.

GT.Killer

why i cant type numbers on these places?

user posted image

btw. is it possble to make camera movement smoother

so you could press W and D or W and A same time and it wouldnt stop.. or stuck like it does now..?

ps. Faster movement or moving speed selector would be great!

exam.

1x normal speed

5x fast speed

10x faster speed

20x 2F2F

tonywob

lol, can't believe I forget to switch the lineedits backon, you should be able to type numbers in, i just forgot to reenable it. This ain't a bug, it's just me being forgetful in my old age.tounge.gif

Again, I am trying to work out why multiple key presses aren't detected at the same time, the code is there, but the correct signals aren't being sent. I'm sure I will eventually work it out.

Dialogs will change alot over the next few releases, so I may find better ways of doing things, just bare with the shabby interface at the moment, it will get better smile.gif

MONSTER2

tonywob i cant see the result of render What me must do Maybe problem vith my ati video card (radeon 9600 128mb)

tonywob

@monster2

Should work fine with your graphics card, but make sure you don't load the entire map at once. To test it out, load an area like LAe2.ipl and then using Bookmarks, navigate to Grove Street.

Also, make sure you are using the drivers from ATI's website (Catalyst), as opposed to default Windows XP drivers

siSINka

Hmmm, download of MEd v0.12 isn't possible??

The request could not be completed successfully. The following error was returned:

· No files are currently attached to this mod.

Go Back

tonywob

For some reason, the file has disappeared? I would upload it again, but the I don't have the original v0.12a version, only the one I am currently working on, which is not very releasable at the moment. There may be a problem with gtagarage.com, or it has simply been removed.

I'm currently working on v0.20, which has support for adding custom objects and a built-in img archiver tool.

GT-1

There appears to be an issue with a couple of sites on GTANet, including the forums. Hopefully the file hasn't been deleted and the mod is still there. If you/someone has the most up to date version i'll upload it for you until the situation is fixed. smile.gif Just PM me and i'll sort it out...

Gforce

12a wont work for me, i load the program and the 3D view is transparent and shows my desktop in the view, i click an ipl in viewable then render and poof the program exits, this happens with all my GTA games when i try to load the maps in 12a.

All my drivers are up to date.

11 works fine wink.gif

tonywob

When you see the desktop, this normally means the buffer isn't being cleared. I think I've found the cause, and ifixed it, however it shouldn't crash though. Hopefully the next release will clear this up for you.

wiredwizardz

Tony I don't know if I had mentioned this before but do you think you can make an Import export funtion? This would be a nice addition since I would be able to just copy something export it to a file and then import it back. <E.G> Export Punk Noodle's from GTA 3 to VC or Jizzy's Club to VC ect. I don't know if that is a possibility but hey worth a try. It would make Modding that much easier.

Wizard.

Forgot something else this is also part of my ahem wish list wink.gif

some of the models have multiple areas the ability to right click and highlight them all would be nice as well ( this goes back to my import export suggestion)

But if it can't be done it can't be done. Just figured I would ask.

Edited by wiredwizardz

Dillyracer

able to just copy something export it to a file and then import it back. <E.G> Export Punk Noodle's from GTA 3 to VC or Jizzy's Club to VC ect. I don't know if that is a possibility but hey worth a try. It would make Modding that much easier.

export is nice, but you need to convert it, but if tony can do this importing and maybe (?) hack the object adding limits this should be nice

tonywob

I've added the option so that you can right-click on any object on the map and export the dff and txd. You are then free to convert them into whatever format you want. You can also now import objects using the new img archiver.

(This version has not been released yet)

Edited by tonywob

JostVice

One thing: in the new version, is excellent to mod the enex, cull, items ect in the SA ipl tounge.gif

Is one proposal.

0.12 is downloading!

Dillyracer

tonywob, will it crash when you add more than 5 new objects ingame ?

BenMillard

Multiple object selection would probably require an entirely new set of interfaces and a whole lot of fiddly programming.

I guess one way to do it is to set CTRL+LeftMouseClick to select/deselect items when you click on them. This would give you a group of selected objects. Within the selected group, one item would be "active" and that's the object you would edit from the IPL and IDE windows. The active object could be red while the selected but inactive items were blue, or something.

Having the last selected item would be the active item would probably be the least fiddly way to manage the group. When you moved the active object, all other selected items would be moved by the same amount. However, I expect things rotation would be impossibly complicated to syncronise between all items in the group.

For the time being, the focus of this project should be bug fixes and stability rather than adding new features which have a high chance of introducing many more problems. Extra features could be made after the core features of the program are together. smile.gif

wiredwizardz

For the time being, the focus of this project should be bug fixes and stability rather than adding new features which have a high chance of introducing many more problems. Extra features could be made after the core features of the program are together

Cebera your absolutly correct I wouldn't want Tony to sacrifice the stability of his editor. It was only a suggestion not something that should be implimented asap.

As you stated the bug fixes should take top priority.

And what I ment about import exporting object was that currently you have the ability in the editor to copy an object and then transfer it elsewhere in the map including it's col file. I would be cool if that function could be expanded upon to which when exporting the file the col file would be included in the export. As for converting the format that would be a cool feature as well, then being able to just click a drop down box and select the file including the col ( After being converted of course) and just placing it where ever the person wants.

@Dillyracer

If your going to quote me quote the whole thing so it makes a bit more sense, When I read the post I thought I was seeing doubles lol.gif Just kidding

Wizard

Edited by wiredwizardz

Fireman
One thing: in the new version, is excellent to mod the enex, cull, items ect in the SA ipl tounge.gif

Is one proposal.

0.12 is downloading!

The problem is we don't have all the definitions yet:

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=202532

-Slurp Slurp, Hmmm... Sprunk!

wiredwizardz

I noticed something as of late. Now this so far only happens with Vice City but on the Washington beach area there is a tan mask over a lot of streets and building. When I click on it what would be over 4 miles in the game turns red. ? Any ideas as to what that is and if it deleted what would happen?

Wizard

JostVice

Other thing...

in the position of object, example:

14.5678 Z

i can up or down ''4'' example: 15.5678

BUT i can't modifier 5, 6, 7 or 8.

confused.gif

and rotation too.

Byes

GT.Killer

i asked the same questiong...

why i cant type numbers on these places?

user posted image