[REL] Kam's Maxscript going over quick update!

Kam

Trix' date='Dec 8 2005, 00:02'] hey there, i've got a problem, i import a SA vehicle trailer (bagboxa) and just as a test, i export it, once without a col, and 2nd time with a VC col file, and both times they dont show up in game, it just doesnt do anythign when i try spawn it :\

*edit*: and yes i have selected all the parts

I think your spawn didn't success, because if your bagboxa (without col one) once appear ingame, your game will definate crash! tounge.gif

Trix' date='Dec 7 2005, 18:02'] hey there, i've got a problem, i import a SA vehicle trailer (bagboxa) and just as a test, i export it, once without a col, and 2nd time with a VC col file, and both times they dont show up in game, it just doesnt do anythign when i try spawn it :\

*edit*: and yes i have selected all the parts

did you edit the TXD at all? if you have no COL file it wont work for sure, though usually the game simply crashes then.

TXD issues wont crash the game, but your vehicle will never show up either.

yeah, i spawn it, and my game crashes, i cant figure out whats causing it :\, i put a VC col in it, and export, run my game, spaw it, and bam, down it goes

settings are on:

SA

MMC, UV, Nor

sa collision base:

securica.col

skipcol/vehicleparts both unticked

Kam great work on making the importscript bugfree, only one problem.

when i export the game crashes. and then when i import the file theres not much data inside it. the bones are blocks.

so maybe it has to do with the bones export?

I have also some more information found for you about the player models

Can i speak you on msn for this? and i can test it for you?

To export the cj skin you must make an root node and make fat, normal, ripped and an subhierarchy.

Much thanks for making the script. biggrin.gif:D

Bye,

Frank

Edited by f5544

I didn't mean the max file, I meant the DFF.  I never saved the F150 as a MAX file when I first did it, so I had to import it to make the changes I wanted do.  You can see it in my picture I just didn't expain it well, the smooth problem is on the top of the glass of the doors and it's white.  I exported again using the new script and the lights were still invisible.  Mainly I asked about importing again because of the window problem, that's not with the exporter but with the importer part of the script because I can see the problem in Max.  And yes, the lights did work before using your script.

Sorry I still can't get what you mean? Could you give two screenshot (before/after) to show the different if you don't want to sent me the files?

With the headlight on if possible!

The problem is those white spots on the very top of the window glass on the doors, it shows up on all 4 doors. If I add a smooth group to the door, the glass looks good at the top and then everything else on the door looks like crap. Those white spots weren't there when importing with your old script but it is now with the new script. The original release date of the truck was 8-10-2005 according to GTAinside, so I must have used whatever the latest released script before that date. I hope that helps you find the problem.

Is it possible to import a .dff with all textures loaded? (VC dff's)

No that is not possible in 3ds max.

i think.

Hi there, is there any difficult for you guys to send your files? Or you guys think that everyone know where they are?

Thanks god I spend almost two hours last night in 'www.GTAinside.com' to find the 'Ford F150' not truck!!! Their bloody ads hang my old P200 computer 4 times!

I am not blaming 91RS but to let you all know that I am trying to help but my bloody old computer limited me a lot! So from now on, if I need any file to check/debug problems. Send it to me or I just ignore it!!!

Back to the topic:

91RS,

That was a very old version of my DFF script which something changed in exporting 'GTA_material'!

I think your problem of a diamond shape like white spot are caused byspecular highlight! The old version export the 'SA Specular' section no matter what setting you got, but some time ago, you have to turn it on by changing the specular color to non-black(0 0 0)! And since you did enabled the 'Specular Image' export, maybe SA engine will use some kind of default setting for that missing specular control!...

To solve it, I guess you just need to go over all GTA material :

1. Set the Specular color, usually white, but if you want to keep the old effect, set it to (0 0 1) will do!

2. Turn off the 'Specular Image' section as well as Specular color by uncheck the use map checkbox.

I can't see any smoothing problem either form your pic or in Max! So I can't help.

And for headlight, taillight. You have never did it in your old file!

In SA, They are texture related. If you are not clear, there is a pinned topic in cars forum for that!

[DRuG]Trix,

Your steps look correct to me, can't see anything wrong! How about your txd?

f5544,

for cj body parts, you need to 'skin' it! and use the 'bones/skin export' button for that!

I know current version of my dff exporter had a problem on export body parts, and here is the solution!

If you have any information we don't know, share it here or PM me. I don't have any ICQ, MSN...

sbn,

exract all the textures from txd to the folder where dff is, when you import the dff, the textures will load!(Remember to select correct texture format before import!)

Edited by Kam

Hi there, is there any difficult for you guys to send your files? Or you guys think that everyone know where they are?

Thanks god I spend almost two hours last night in 'www.GTAinside.com' to find the 'Ford F150' not truck!!! Their bloody ads hang my old P200 computer 4 times!

I am not blaming 91RS but to let you all know that I am trying to help but my bloody old computer limited me a lot! So from now on, if I need any file to check/debug problems. Send it to me or I just ignore it!!!

Back to the topic:

91RS,

That was a very old version of my DFF script which something changed in exporting 'GTA_material'!

I think your problem of a diamond shape like white spot are caused byspecular highlight! The old version export the 'SA Specular' section no matter what setting you got, but some time ago, you have to turn it on by changing the specular color to non-black(0 0 0)! And since you did enabled the 'Specular Image' export, maybe SA engine will use some kind of default setting for that missing specular control!...

1. Set the Specular color, usually white, but if you want to keep the old effect, set it to (0 0 1) will do!

2. Turn off the 'Specular Image' section as well as Specular color by uncheck the use map checkbox.

I can't see any smoothing problem either form your pic or in Max! So I can't help.

And for headlight, taillight. You have never did it in your old file!

In SA, They are texture related. If you are not clear, there is a pinned topic in cars forum for that!

[DRuG]Trix,

Your steps look correct to me, can't see anything wrong! How about your txd?

f5544,

for cj body parts, you need to 'skin' it! and use the 'bones/skin export' button for that!

I know current version of my dff exporter had a problem on export body parts, and here is the solution!

If you have any information we don't know, share it here or PM me. I don't have any ICQ, MSN...

sbn,

exract all the textures from txd to the folder where dff is, when you import the dff, the textures will load!(Remember to select correct texture format before import!)

Thanks Kam biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

only i've got an export problem by bones export.

i get select the skinned character only? what is that suppose to mean.

and i don't know the hierarchy of cj. Can somebody make an screenshot of the hierarchy?

Thank You

Maybe i'm doing something wrong:

1) Install 3dsmax

2) Get the Max plugin

3) Copy it to the root dir

4) Import Stock car

5) Export stock car

i check ingame, crash, check with gta garage mod installer, and for planes, the left flap shows up :\, cars = nothing

I use your scripts (great plug-in btw, thanks! cookie.gifcookie.gif ) since summer (now I have 7dec version) and I found several issues related to import/export.

1. strange effect (pic1 and 2) when you use standard SA reflections (xvehicleenv128 and vehiclespecdot64), I think it's same issue as 91RS window bug. It creates ugly diamond form bug on some surfaces. Is it possible fix it without deletion of specular texture?

user posted image

user posted image

2. There are some cars with 2 sided surfaces(that works correctly in VC) (I don't know how to call'em technically correct - look at this pictures pic3 and 4) and after I covert it using script some of the surfaces became only 1sided, the door on the pix is example.

How I can restore 2 sided surfaces?

user posted image

user posted image

3. The third problem related to second: Sometimes I can see ground and surrounding world through some transparent parts (both with alphas and transparency 0-255), (pic 5 ad 6), but interesting: normally I can see the walls(chassis) inside the van, but through broken window I see all, but this chassis object. The setting of all surfaces with alphas are same, but only 2 rear perform this bug (and I can't see only chassis, all other objects on their places). I can prove that before converting there are no similar bugs. Any ideas?

user posted image

user posted image

4. How I can use 4th color paintjobs? After

1) I apply special color to surface (128-255-255)

2) move color car string to 4th color section

I see only green surfaces sad.gif

Do I have special texture on my surface or it's exporter bug?

Also I want to suggest you to add special button that�s help converters set chrome and primary color(new values) faster then before. See my settings on pic7 and 8. After couple of tests I found settings that helps me to achieve realistic appearance of surfaces. Look at this pix. Converter needs only set brightness of the car (ambient) 0,5 - old/rusty/dark, 0,7 - normal, 1,0 - new-sport-expensive etc car. The only thing I hate in 1,0 is unrealistic brightness in ray of lights at night.

user posted image

user posted image

and as result:

user posted image

user posted image

Have a nice day smile.gifcatloaf_by_anuj.gif

Edited by altman

I was just about to post about that problem again. I'm almost certain that it's caused by the way the importer handles the smooth groups. Removing the spec map does fix the problem but then there's no reflection, that's probably ok on windows for the most part but not on the body of the car. Adding a smooth group in Max fixes the problem but it often also makes the rest of the object that was fine in the first place look like crap.

You are absolutely right!, that's what i'm talkin about. Some cars has small amount of this ref/surface bugs, but some full of this white sh*t and completely unusable... !

i see you guys actually have cars exporting, can you see if i'm doing anything wrong? noteing i formatted, tried on a brand new computer, and both fails

1) Install 3dsmax

2) Copy max plugin to root dir

3) run 3ds max

4) extract dodo.dff from gta3.img

5) import using Dff io

6) select all

7) extract using dodo.col from gta3

8) put back in img

9) game crash

Hi there, it seems there's another problem (for Vice City)

When I apply a blue color to the bus' wheels(they don't have texture) and then export with these settings:

http://c.1asphost.com/ShadyBoy/images/material.jpg

http://c.1asphost.com/ShadyBoy/images/exportSettings.jpg

then fire up gta-VC I see the bus with gray wheels:

In 'GTAGARAGE mod manager' bus.dff exported right from the Kams Max script looks right:

http://c.1asphost.com/ShadyBoy/images/GTAGARAGE.jpg

File in zip folder - bus.dff

http://c.1asphost.com/ShadyBoy/images/wheels.jpg

The wheels appear black if Ambient=0, Specular=0 and Diffuse=0,

white if Ambient=100, Specular=100 and Diffuse=100 and gray if ambient,specular and diffuse are set somewhere in between.

When I re-export it with Z-modeler and not using any textures at all I got this(the wheels are blue):

http://c.1asphost.com/ShadyBoy/images/wheelsBlue.jpg

File in zip folder - bus(Zmodeler_NoTextures).dff

When I re-export it with Z-modeler with all the textures the bus ain't spawned at all.

File in zip folder - bus(Zmodeler_withTextures).dff

All models use the same txd file - bus.txd

There's similar problem with building that caption on it should be of red color but it seems that caption have only ambient color:

http://c.1asphost.com/ShadyBoy/images/captionCloserLook2.jpg

And when you walk away at some distance this caption becomes red(the building doesn't have any LOD):

http://c.1asphost.com/ShadyBoy/images/caption.jpg

And once you get closer to it the red color changes to ambient color again:

http://c.1asphost.com/ShadyBoy/images/captionCloserLook.jpg

Files in zip folder - wash_deco042.dff and washmiamistrip13.txd

zip folder - http://www.savefile.com/files/7780533

Thanks

Edited by ShaDy01Boy_

First on all, I have to remind you all that I have never had SA now and before! Everything are test by other user here and I got the feed back to modify/debug my script! I wonder those specular problem just happened in recent release? When!?

Here is a pic to show GTA_material related to SA:

user posted image

Note that the reflection are controled in two different place!

for the case with 91RS and altman, you need to turn on SA specular section by giving it a very low color(eg: 0,0,1), so you have reflection but almost no specular!

Sorry I didn't say that clear before! Those are actually two solution:

OR

And actually, did you guys use 2nd UV map for reflection stuff? I think those Specualr stuff are design for use with 2nd UV map.

for 91RS's normal problem. After you resmooth your mesh part. Use my 'Smooth solver' form helper tools. if it still failed, screenshot or file to me or I can't help!

altman, did you car originally made in MAX? And in VC. It seems that faces alway rendered in two sides but not in SA. So check the faces normal directions are correct?

I don't understand what is 4th color paintjobs? I just know to set primary(pink in max) and secondary(green in max) and the 'MMC' button to let R* engine know you can 'paint' your color ingame! Actual car's color store in vehicle.dat(can't remember). Use the color guide dropdown list to select them will do!

[DRuG]Trix, few things you can try:

- Make sure your copy of SA are not v2.0 (can't mod)

- export any car from img then put it back see if game crash?

- use GGMM or dff viewer to see if any problem with your export.

Alright, I'll give that a try and see what happens. I've only used that helper thing to change objects into dummies.

By the way, those top three do have something to do with SA when making chrome. You set them to .5 1 and 1 (respectively) and the chrome will show up during the day instead of being white. I've never used those settings for anything else in SA though.

EDIT: Every time I try and use the Smooth Solver, I get a runtime error.

Edited by 91RS

Thanks 91RS to point out that, I think they(ASD) do something in SA as well, but the guys told me they don't...

What error of the solver you got?

hey Kam, yep, its only after i export using 3dsmax that it doesnt work, and even in Gmax it doesnt work, planes just get one of their rudder/flaps, and cars get nothing :\ (in GGMM, otherwise it crashes in game), but the weird thing is, if i export just the chassis, it shows up, but i select everything else, it fails :\ any ideas? Edited by [DRuG]Trix

I think I was doing the smooth helper things wrong, I was able to make it do something but it didn't work. Am I supposed to add a smooth from the modifier list as well?

I think I was doing the smooth helper things wrong, I was able to make it do something but it didn't work. Am I supposed to add a smooth from the modifier list as well?

I FOUND THE PROBLEM!!!, whenever in the "bmx" for example, if i have the bmx, and the chassis selected, it shows nothing, if i delete the bmx out of hte hireachy, and then link everything back up to the chassis dummy, it shows up fine in ggmm, but obviously it will crash ingame, any ideas now?

ok, this is really weird, the vehicle works without the "bmx" or "vehiclename" dummy thing :\

Edited by [DRuG]Trix

ShaDy01Boy_ ,

Try set the ambient, specular,diffuse of your blue rim to 1,0,1 to see what happened?(Actually not point to change the diffuse value other than 1!)

And the building dff is original VC one? it got some data inside that no exporter will export???

91RS,

The 'Smooth solver' is actually 'divide your mesh by smooth group'! so you have to make sure your smooth group look ok before 'apply it'. You might need to weld vertices, auto/manual set smooth group to your mesh first!

[DRuG]Trix,

I can't really find any problem of your export!Try my export to see if it work!?

But for GGMM display, it is weird!(I can't use GGMM so I can't see the actual problem as well)

Here is a pic to show GTA_material related to SA:

user posted image

Note that the reflection are controled in two different place!

for the case with 91RS and altman, you need to turn on SA specular section by giving it a very low color(eg: 0,0,1), so you have reflection but almost no specular!

Sorry I didn't say that clear before! Those are actually two solution:

OR

And actually, did you guys use 2nd UV map for reflection stuff? I think those Specualr stuff are design for use with 2nd UV map.

for 91RS's normal problem. After you resmooth your mesh part. Use my 'Smooth solver' form helper tools. if it still failed, screenshot or file to me or I can't help!

altman, did you car originally made in MAX? And in VC. It seems that faces alway rendered in two sides but not in SA. So check the faces normal directions are correct?

I don't understand what is 4th color paintjobs? I just know to set primary(pink in max) and secondary(green in max) and the 'MMC' button to let R* engine know you can 'paint' your color ingame! Actual car's color store in vehicle.dat(can't remember). Use the color guide dropdown list to select them will do!

[DRuG]Trix, few things you can try:

- Make sure your copy of SA are not v2.0 (can't mod)

- export any car from img then put it back see if game crash?

- use GGMM or dff viewer to see if any problem with your export.

Kam,

1. I'm sure for 100% 1st value (ambience) in main top table of "gta parameters" change brightness/darkness of surface. I checked it many times and it helps me to adjust right settings of material

2. What U mean "old effect"? I change specular color from white to black (0,0,1) and nothing happens!

3. My car was originally made in Zanoza. I'm not sure what happened with faces after import/export but in VC all works correctly..

4. 4 color paintjobs new feature for SanAn, in VC or GTAIII was only primary and secondary colors, but in SA color.dat R* adds new section for vehicles that uses 4 color paintjobs, now you can use additional color (128-255-255) to define more color for cars, for ex. interior, stripe and main color. Actually in R* models I found only 3 colored models, but in file section describes as

" car4

camper, 1,31,1,0, 1,31,1,0, 1,20,3,0, 1,5,0,0, 0,6,3,0, 3,6,3,0, 16,0,8,0, 17,0,120,0

...................."

So you can add additional color in SA color selector

5. And what about strang effects with transparent parts (surrounding world through windows except car interior). This bugs appeared only in last versions of script. Has anyone tested it yet? (I have *.max file and I exported several times with old script aug-sept and this bug not appeared). I will test it again with few other old versions of script...

Thanks altman for the information!

I will definate add support of that '4th color' and now it didn't work because of missing 'MMC' flag in your dff!

and for all other problem, could you send/PM me your dffs(working and non-working) to me!

Thanks

sorry my connection error. double post!

edit1:

I had modified my DFF IO, hopefully solve the specular problem.

It is for someone who know the problem and brave enough to try.

Read carefully before you download it!

This is a test of my modified DFF IO try to solve the Specular problems:

- added selections of export 'Specular Image' and 'SA Specular'

It means old setting can export the same result with this version.

(Seems good to study how original SA material assigned as well! )

- changed the name of 'specular size' to 'glossiness' since a guy show me this!

important:

it means the concept are oppisite to previous version.

increase this value will sinken the specular size!

Remember I just change the name, no internal change for this!

- added support of 4th paintjob 'MMC' color export

- since it is a quick change for testing, char export are broken!

Kam

12Dec05.

Edited by Kam

altman:

5. And what about strang effects with transparent parts (surrounding world through windows except car interior). This bugs appeared only in last versions of script. Has anyone tested it yet? (I have *.max file and I exported several times with old script aug-sept and this bug not appeared). I will test it again with few other old versions of script...

hi kam, it's the same problem of white object...