[REL] Kam's Maxscript going over quick update!

Kam

• 3 months later...

Is there any version of it that lets me to open Zmodeler's dff files (non-standard dff-s)?

I really want to get some files to 3ds max sad.gif

• 3 weeks later...
Shoot.Your.Eye.Out

I don't really understand how to use KAMS.

I just put the scripts and maps folders into the main directory and when I run 3 DS Max, I can't see the scripts. Or do I have to activate something in the program?

Maybe somebody can help me.

I don't really understand how to use KAMS.

I just put the scripts and maps folders into the main directory and when I run 3 DS Max, I can't see the scripts. Or do I have to activate something in the program?

Maybe somebody can help me.

In menu open MaxScript - Run script and open GTAScript_Controller.ms in folder 3dsmax/Scripts/Startup

HackMan128

Hey. Im user of ZModeler but I'm fresh in GMax. I tried to export ready model but after export, file not exist in a folder!

I tried up export as a vehicle part or without collision file but I still can't see my exported files? What's the solution?

• 2 months later...
The-Prince

I have a problem with The Script !! i have Gmax ! when i Export to Dff , i don't find nothing in the directory !!

can someone help ?

• 1 month later...

IMPORT DFF my friend.

sorry, it was such a noob question, the script actually was loading/importing everything but since it was so small I couldnt view it. xD

IMPORT DFF my friend.

sorry, it was such a noob question, the script actually was loading/importing everything but since it was so small I couldnt view it. xD

Don't worry, glad to see you got it working icon14.gif

Yl8KS.jpg

• 2 months later...
shamelessbump

What is the latest version of this? I think I have the all in one version but the thing is when I import a DFF file with the plug-in it freezes. I'm trying to scale a ped up in size.

Scale in size, how much? If its to much I don't recommend it.

About MAX freezing, thats weird. Mine is from 19Dec05.

Yl8KS.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
-=[F]elt[D]uck=-

Alright it works! But there is one problem...

I made an Infernus with spoilers added and a roof scoop (Spoiler from the file spl_b_bar_m.dff, patched and linked and Roof Scoop from the file rf_c_l.dff and I have to use it cause I'm such a noob at Max so I have to use it) and exporting, no problem and here's the problem: After I import the Infernus, the GTA crashed sad.gif. Can you help me?

• 1 month later...

I have a problem -

I was editing a .col file so I loaded the GTA_COL_IO script into GMax. I imported the .col file I wanted to edit, then opened a certain collision model to edit. Then I highlighted a certain mesh and I clicked on "Collision mesh" on the script box. I clicked "export" and named the new .col file, but the .col file wasn't created.

do we need 3dsMax to use with that , but I can't find 3dsMax to download ! help me !

If you dont BUY 3dsmax you can download a trial, another alternative is to use Gmax its the same basic software only free and there is a Gmax version of this script check out GTA Garage for the script, and google Gmax.

• 1 year later...

I need dff import/export script.Please help me. i dont want zmodeler. i need this scripts sad.gif

www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=9172

Apache Thunder

Anybody know why the IDE importer doesn't do anything? I've gotten IPLs to import map objects, but need to also import the stuff in IDE files. But nothing happens when I use it. It isn't showing any errors in the Max Listener either. It just says "All done!" after I import a IDE file.

I have Max 7 and everything else works fine with it, but the IDE importer doesn't work! sad.gif

One IDE file I had tried as an example:

GTA San Andreas\data\maps\SF\SFe.ide

I've tried all the IDEs I can find and they all do nothing when I import them. Not even dummy objects which leads me to believe the script is broken. I've gotten the DFF path correct and textures too, and have gotten textures and stuff from IPL files to show up. Just not IDE files. sad.gif

Edited by Apache Thunder

Apache Thunder

I don't know what you mean by "harvesting" IDE files. There is no IDE files in the gta IMG files. They are in the data/maps folder among a few other locations. Unless you mean getting the DFF files and stuff out of the IMG files so that max can access them. In that case I have already done that.

But that batch importer script you mentioned looks like it would be useful. I'll take a look at it and see what I can do with it. biggrin.gif

The main reason I need to import IDE files is that I need to import the map into Max with all the objects in their positions as they are ingame. Basically I need to get all the object positions into Max. The IPLs gets most things in, but it only imported the low detail lods of the buildings and most stuff like traffic lights and such are missing. Those I assume are to be found in the IDE files, but it's not importing them at all since nothing happens. sad.gif

I could use the that batch importer to import everything but would it import everything in positions to form the "map" of San Andreas? Me thinks it won't have that function. sad.gif

Unless I import the objects into Max, then use the batch importer to import everything into a max file, then use a replace operation to import that max file into my main scene and it would replace any dummy objects with the same name so that the meshes are placed in their correct positions.

However because it fails to even import dummy objects when trying to import IDE files, this won't help me either. Unless you know of another script that only imports object positions into max with the correct object names? Then I can do the above mentioned operation to get the meshes into the scene. biggrin.gif

Edited by Apache Thunder

I don't know what you mean by "harvesting" IDE files. There is no IDE files in the gta IMG files. They are in the data/maps folder among a few other locations. Unless you mean getting the DFF files and stuff out of the IMG files so that max can access them. In that case I have already done that.

But that batch importer script you mentioned looks like it would be useful. I'll take a look at it and see what I can do with it. biggrin.gif

The main reason I need to import IDE files is that I need to import the map into Max with all the objects in their positions as they are ingame. Basically I need to get all the object positions into Max. The IPLs gets most things in, but it only imported the low detail lods of the buildings and most stuff like traffic lights and such are missing. Those I assume are to be found in the IDE files, but it's not importing them at all since nothing happens. sad.gif

I could use the that batch importer to import everything but would it import everything in positions to form the "map" of San Andreas? Me thinks it won't have that function. sad.gif

Unless I import the objects into Max, then use the batch importer to import everything into a max file, then use a replace operation to import that max file into my main scene and it would replace any dummy objects with the same name so that the meshes are placed in their correct positions.

However because it fails to even import dummy objects when trying to import IDE files, this won't help me either. Unless you know of another script that only imports object positions into max with the correct object names? Then I can do the above mentioned operation to get the meshes into the scene. biggrin.gif

Basically I need to get all the object positions into Max. The IPLs gets most things in, but it only

imported the low detail lods of the buildings and most stuff like traffic lights and such are missing

I think it's not true, i did a try with data\maps\SF\sfse.ipl, there are 518 imported objects, but only 273 are

LOD, the remaining 245 are highpoly objects.

Here's an image about this: http://oi46.tinypic.com/a09n52.png These are all highpoly objects,

and it's clearly seen, that there are black holes, because the binary ipl-based objs are missing.

You can't import the map via ide files. Ide files are only Item DEfinition files. (object IDs, view distances, txd names, etc... are in those)

The map objects' position are only in IPL files, but, as you realised, not all objects' coordinate are in the IPL files in GTA San Andreas\data\maps.

There are a lot of object coordinate in stream ipl files, which are binary files (located in gta3.img),

and can't be read by Kams map IO scripts.

Kams map scripts can only import from text-based ipl files.

If you want to import and edit an arbitrary map object, open GTA SA map in MEd (Map Editor), find the desired

object, extract from gta3.img, import to max, and you can edit and re-export it.

If you want to move, delete or copy map objects, use MEd.

Apache Thunder

I've checked the scene by hiding the low poly buildings. There is no high poly versions hiding underneath. So it isn't importing them all. As for the destructibles and other small stuff, they also don't show. But the stream IPLs don't work for me either because ALL of the binary to text IPL converters I've found don't seem to read the actual object name for each entry so they all show up as "dummy" or some other made up name that the maker of the converter decided to use. High poly roads and terrain do seem to get imported along with everything else. Unless the "Lod" versions of the buildings are indeed the actual buildings used ingame? Perhaps 3DS Max's crappy rendering of the textures makes me think they are low poly versions. I may do a test render to see what they really look like. But the small objects like poles, fences and things are still missing.

As I've said I'm building the map into Max for light map renders among other things and the stuff I want to do won't involve the GTA engine what so ever, so MEd gets me nowhere. As for importing the objects into max individually, I may try a batch script that the other guy recommended but there's no way I'd be able assemble the map manually as that would take me years given the amount of objects in the game.

Unless the stream IPLs only store the objects as object IDs? Perhaps I could relink them by finding the ID for each entry and matching them to their object counterpart in the object definitions file.

EDIT: SUCCEESS!

Got one object that was listed in the stream IPL to load into max (in the correct position inline with the rest of the map) and got now it shows up along with everything else.

Screenshot:

http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/6872/examplekj.jpg

So it appears the stream IPLs will contain the rest of the objects including the high poly buildings.

Example line from de-compiled IPL:

5390, dummy, 0, 1919.52344, -1400.89844, 16.17188, 0.00000, 0.00000, -0.00000, 1.00000, 129

Example Line from LAe.ide where the matching object ID was found:

5390, laeskateparkLA, glenpark7_lae, 150, 0

The number at the beginning of the line is the object ID, then the object name (which is dummy in all the stream IPLs)

In the IDE files, the object ID number is definied, then the first name entry appears. That appears to be the object name which matches the DFF file it uses. Then the second one appears to tell the game what TXD file to load for that object/DFF (since I did a file search for the first and found one matching DFF while the second one only brought up a single TXD file, so the second entry tells the game what TXD File to open for this object and in most cases it appears the TXD file won't always have the same filename as the DFF file)

I changed "Dummy" to match the object name and then the importer successfully imported it. It seems Kam's scripts go by the object name when looking for DFFs for them and ignores the object ID.

So looks like I'll need to go in and fix all the entries. Man this will be a pain in the ass.... tounge.gif

Also After I fix one group of stream IPLs, I may import only that and see if it brings in all the terrain too. If so, the IPLs in the data folder might then only serve to load the low poly stuff used in the lod system. In that case I will leave those out since I only need the main lod for all the objects.

I've edited up my other thread I initially created on this:

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?act=ST&...entry1061628355

I did do some searching and there wasn't anything concrete on the topic of getting San Andreas into 3DS Max. But thanks to the few who did reply to my questions reqarding the IDE files in this thread, I managed to finally figure things out and have gotten the process of what I need to do sorted out. Now I just need to sit down and go through it to make it happen. biggrin.gif

Edited by Apache Thunder

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Above download links aren't working. A mirror of download links would be appreciated. I need it to modify skins. ( GMax )