3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Connor Macinnes

What GTA: San Andreas SHOULD have

Am Shaegar
1 hour ago, Recommended said:

I sense you're being quite biased about this.

Not at all. If I find something worth criticising then I won't care about SA being my favorite game. It doesn't matter.

Eating and its implementation has never been an issue for me. In fact, I didn't even realise that CJ will start losing fat/muscle after 48 minutes when I first played this game on release. I used to play SA just like VC without thinking about feeding the protagonist, and whenever I did feed CJ, it was something I did naturally and not because of the game reminding me about the same because I used to lose health during the normal gameplay (and within the 48 minute time frame), or saved once a while after completing a couple of missions or gameplay sessions in order to avoid losing the progress.

So saving and eating in SA has been no different than previous GTA's. 

I have been into roleplaying a lot as well, but the difference here is that you want to somehow exclude eating, while I don't.

What I understand from your post is that your insistence on eliminating the need to feed CJ completely when you're roleplaying in the game is the actual problem and not really the feature, because in my personal experience, it is easier to avoid since I don't mind sparing a few seconds out of 48 minutes to eat, and as such, I have rarely ever seen the mesaage pop up on screen in all these years.

It only occurs mostly during vehicle based missions like paramedic, etc if I forgot to feed him on my second run immediately after failing to complete it the first time. 

But I do understand that this can be annoying to you when you are roleplaying for many hours and in a specific way.

Its just that I don't find the eating system or CJ being hungry a serious hindrance that could ruin ones immeraion when they are roleplaying, that's all.

Recommended

I guess we could say it's a matter of personal preferences. To me, it's a real buzzkill and has no positives about it at all, but it won't be seen that way for everyone, like you for example.

Normally when it boils down to a game feature, there's usually Gamer A that loves and finds benefits in any given feature, and Gamer B that dislikes and sees nothing to gain from a feature.

To me, having to eat, there's nothing I can gain from that as a player, it's a no-gain burden. I only see cons for it.

Staying true to the topic, one thing it probably should have had is the ability to disable the feature for players that want more casual sessions. That way, those that like it can have it enabled, and those that only see it as a burden can disable it.

TheSantader25
Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Recommended said:

Staying true to the topic, one thing it probably should have had is the ability to disable the feature for players that want more casual sessions. That way, those that like it can have it enabled, and those that only see it as a burden can disable it.

We already have what you want. 

Cheats. 

Use the thin cheat and buff cheat. Then no matter how hungry you are nothing bad can happen. If you run out of muscle you can reuse the cheats. 

Edited by TheSantader25

Recommended
Posted (edited)

It's a cheat, though, and that adds to a cheat stat. I'd rather not save with cheats used. Great for just general exploration without the hunger, but not for progressional roleplaying, because in the end, you'd be saving the game with an active cheat, which also adds a "Times cheated" to your stats.

The only work-around that I've discovered is by using a real time mod, that sets hours to hours, and minutes to minutes, and thus it will take 48 real hours for the hunger feature to ever be a problem. Still, that is a 3rd party fix for it.

I'm talking from the perspective of an original unmodded game without needing to use cheats.

Edited by Recommended

TheSantader25

Well the ability to disable such a feature in the game is sort of cheating as well... Am I right? 

Recommended

As a disable feature, I wouldn't call it cheating. It's something everyone will have access too, unlike cheats that at the very least would need to be researched or would require a cheat book for (If those even exist anymore, though I remember the old cheat books for games). If I was to see it in a certain way, I'd say it would be more of a difficulty setting rather than cheating.