Dvd Software with Menus

Raki_King

i am looking for a Dvd burning software that i can make my own menus with so i can put my own videos on a dvd and have custom menus that i have created,

i am needing this for family movies,

thank you

NERO Suite should take care of all that. It has DVD menu building, basic video editing, Kodak Picture DVD/CD's + a lot more.

The con I've noticed is that it is pretty slow but that maybe just the speed of the DVD I'm using.

NOTE: You have to pay for this software, but there may be some sort of freeware DVD menu maker. I'm pretty sure I've seen the odd one here and there.

Good Luck wink.gif.

If money is no object, even better if you have Photoshop already, check out Adobe Encore DVD.

Custom menus like you wouldn't believe; custom background and buttons. You can even create hidden buttons and animated buttons.

You can even start working with stock items then select them within EncoreDVD and tell it to 'Edit in Photoshop'. Photoshop then opens up, you make your changes and 'Save'. Switch back to EncoreDVD and you can see the changes straight away without the need to reload or import your changes.

I just use DivX Convert to convert the files, that has a built in option to put a menu in the video.

You might want to include a link with that. Doing a search in Google for "DivX Convert" turns up a lot but nothing about a program called DivX Convert. Unless it's part of the DivX Pro package.

Something tells me that while it can add menus, it's limited to what you can do. He wants something that is customizable.

If you're a beginner, I would suggest you to try "InterVideo WinDVD Creator2". This program is really simple to use, and you can create some really simple but good looking DVD Menus. You can use a movie at the menus background, make your own ones.. Custom buttons, and so on. Try it, if you feel like it smile.gif Goodluck.

Edit:

Oh yeah, you can also capture video from your DV Camera.. And edit them..

Ok, I'm done tounge.gif

I've used Intervideo's WinDVD stuff, Nero's creation software, Pinnacle Studio 8, Roxio stuff, and Sonic stuff. All of them are fine for small collections of DV footage, but since using Encore DVD I can't do without it (despite not having it at the moment). It is insanely powerful and functional for all purposes, assuming you feel like learning how to use it. It certainly has a steep learning curve if you haven't used professional type software before, and is certainly less intuitive then other Adobe software.

Also take a look, at these, as some might work well.