Pc & video trouble reading mpg

rastamaco

sigh.gif Hi everybody,

I have trouble to fix a trouble I have on my pc and my favourite game SA.

For make it simple, I have a AMD athlon XP 2600+, 1.91 ghz, 1.00 gig ram,

gforce 6200oc 256mb

I use win XP home with sp2. notify.gif

I was able to run SA with the sound trouble for somes mounth, but sometime when I was playing the computer just quit like every other post I saw about it.

I found something that fix the sound trouble, sigh.gif thanks for all the answer found on this forum.

But for my trouble when playing and the app just quit, I was thinking that make my computer have a news instalation off a fresh xp home, will help me, my hD was starting to miss space.

I back up all my documents, and delete all the 2 HD I have, install a news XP version, upgrade drivers, win upgrade etc.....

I just put my norton stuff, firewall & antivirus, and somes software that I use frequently.

Install last quicktime software, defragment my HD, restart etc.....

I install GTA SA back in my HD, all working nice.

Launch the app, that it working like for a lot of people simply for see the little stuff before the 2 movie I can found in the folder : C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\movies

mad.gif that where the trouble is, when I launch SA, like everybody, the screen came black and i can heard the sound bugged, somes trouble to quit the SA, but anyway I start be anxious about this trouble that new for me, I haven't see that the first time I install it & paly.

I can not open any off the 2 video on my computer whatever the soft I use for that, quicktime win media player just open it and freeze my computer desktop, I can not move the mouse, all djammed.

I try to set my directx sounds to NORMAL acc.

But that don't work,

does anybody have toruble tor ead the video like me outside off SA ???

If yes does anybody know what that can make this trouble,

I don't install anything than windows upgrade.

I roll my driver (nvidia) for the last one, the beta version and the old version I have on my cd they give me in the box, but no way

delete all temp folder, my user name doesn't have period in it.

In fact I don't understand before making my new instalation of XP, any video I open never give me this strange slow down or freezing.

Any tips ??

GTA3Freak-2001
Sorry but that was extremly hard to understand, what I got out of it is that your having trouble playing mpeg especially the ones at the start of the game? Have you got the latest Windows Media Player ie. 10?

welli shud run with windows media player 10 or less cos i aint got WMP 10 and mines fine

have you got the patch v1.01 install it and see what happens cos im sure fit fixes a sound bug

btw your processor is a 2.08Ghz unless you got the lower version of AMD Athlon 2600+

cos my old 2600+ was a 2.08ghz but it broke sad.gif

bored.gif I trash the two mpg movie at the begin

Logo.mpg & GTAtitles.mpg

And now I able to see the set up screen

But GTA3Freak-2001 & GEO_Chris, thanks for the tips, I havent think about looking at the media player version blush.gif I never use it, and I was sure that quicktime was reading it....I learn everyday

I am going to upgrade it right now.

btw your processor is a 2.08Ghz unless you got the lower version of AMD Athlon 2600+

notify.gif Thanks for the info, where I can found this answer on my windows, to be sure I don't make the mystake twice ??

I take the info using properties on the My Computer icon ??!! dontgetit.gif

ummm...you can check the spec of ur compter by goin to Start/Control panel/System and then it will tell you the spec of ur processor, ram etc

hope this helps

and yeh i dont use windows media player either lol, only now and then

mmm...you can check the spec of ur compter by goin to Start/Control panel/System and then it will tell you the spec of ur processor, ram etc

bored.gif mmm! that was I made, that show me a 1.91 Ghz, that mean I have the lower version ??!! nervous.gif

Thanks a lot that help me to learn my pc.

GTA3Freak-2001 it is a Honda Jazz mod on your signature ?? lol.gif

My parents have on yellow in 1981, because I was living in front of the sea, a mod like that will be fun.

i dunno abou if urs is the lower version, i always though my 2.08ghz was, but yeh you must have a lower one, but u cudnt really notice the difference in them both

chris

End of the trouble

I found the answer.

the video card was in fault

I have it from 2 mounth and already broken

I change it and all work fine now.

tks again

GTA3Freak-2001
The cars in my sig are actually this russian car called the Oka and some wacky people have made a website with some strange tuned versions.