Grand Theft Auto 1 And 3 Owners

razor23

If you own GTA 3 then you will know that GTA 3 is based in liberty city right so is GTA One.

Now if you work out some overlooked details here youll see that ive hit something.

In both GTA One and Three their is a situation where a bridge is exploded. On GTA 3 you see the bridge blown up on the intro and on GTA One you blow the bridge up using a tanker on the second level of liberty city.

Now heres the big question that will rack your brains since GTA One and GTA 3 are in the Same City then why are they different to each other and why does the Liberty City in GTA One have places like fort law, brix and the liberty city in gta 3 have places like the red light district. Its the same city right so why are the places different when they should be called the same. They are layed out differently to.

Here is the Liberty City From GTA One

user posted image

And here is the one from GTA 3

user posted image

Notice the difference why are they different i mean its the same city so whats with the different layout and place names.

They are two totally different games dude. Rockstar didn't intend for GTA3 to resemble or be identicle to GTA. There are some simular things, but that is it.

if you look at your gta 1 map and a real map of NYC you can tell that they are exactly the same except it is missing staten island

just thought id mention that

anyway they are two different games man. Vic City An san andreas are also in gta 1 but why are the maps different?

<sarcasm>Hey can you do me a favor and find a bigger pic of the GTA3 map and post that without using a thumbnail?</sarcasm> sarcasm.gif

<sarcasm>Hey can you do me a favor and find a bigger pic of the GTA3 map and post that without using a thumbnail?</sarcasm> sarcasm.gif

angry.gif

Sorry about that

GritSandWiches4Breakfest

Its just a game. Rockstar isn't trying to make it look like it does exactly in real life. I wouldn't expact GTA1 and GTA3 to be the same.

if you look at your gta 1 map and a real map of NYC you can tell that they are exactly the same except it is missing staten island

just thought id mention that

yeha i just noticed that, it is EXACTLY the the same. no mystery behind the inspiration there

Another very obvious carry-over from GTA1 is the names of the 3 cities in general.

Liberty City, Vice City, and San Andreas. All references to 3 different 3D versions of GTA.

I have GTA1 installed along with 3, LC, and SA just to make a complete set with historical

reference.

I find it rather odd that GTA2 really has nothing to do with any of the other games except the use of Claude Speed in GTA3.