FreeFall Mission help.

DaNang

Damn.

I've played the mission about 20 times, I believe.

Then i changed the handling file as suggested in other topic, and played it some 10 more.

Nothing.

I feel that the plane is fasterafter changing the file, but it does not reaches the Shamal, that is faster.

The problem is that when I turn the 180%, I actually do some 160%, and in the end I don't even know where I am pointing, and the plane turns to all sides...

Can someone explain to me, what and how should I tap the keys in my keyboard (PC version here) to make the perfect U turn?

I ve seen the movie, and I am not able to copy the 180% turn!

Have you tried doing an Immelman turn? fly towards the Shamal, then do a half flip upwards so you are behind it but upside down, then do a half barrel roll... I don't know the PC keys to help otherwise though. confused.gif

Have you tried doing an Immelman turn? fly towards the Shamal, then do a half flip upwards so you are behind it but upside down, then do a half barrel roll... I don't know the PC keys to help otherwise though. confused.gif

Yes...

The keys are {down}, and then {A} (or {B}).

But I always loose some seconds to re-direct myself and to understand where I am standing, and there's where I lose the mission.

I drive and bike quite well, but this flying thing is being too hard for me.

What if you fly in a wide circle from LV airport over the sea and to Verdant Meadows? rather than going straight to their jet, curve around the back....?

To turn 180 from north to south, you can face north (Note the N is upright on radar) and rotate the plane 90 degrees with A or B so its on the side, then hold down and the ailerons will turn the plane for you, let go of down when the "N" is at the bottom of your screen, and rotate with A or B back to horizontal...you should now be facing south, right side up behind the shamal.

i thought your plane (dodo) is always faster than your target (Shamal or whatever), and i can always catch up with it even after making some serious mistakes while turning - i mean in theory the shamal is way faster than dodo, but in this particular mission it is not going in full speed.

I am going to point out a guide i wrote for the mission Freefall it might help you or it might not.

Guide Link

user posted image
user posted image
R.I.P. Chi Shingi Meiyo

21/09/2005 - 07/03/2007

Andolini Mafia Family

16/08/2008 - Current

YeTi, I had read your guide before. And many other guides in the web. And the movie. And forums. Oh my.

chenjx1983, the plane is not faster (at least everywhere in the web they say its not, and I've done this so many times that I know from experience). That's why the turn must be done at the accurate right time and position.

But you had luck, if your dodo catched up with the shamal!

I, myself, was ready to ask for SnP, but I want to do the FPS parts of this mission -- so I did not.

Mxyzptlk, I'll try the Verdant Meadows tip later. Will let you know!

Actually the dodo does seem to catch up with the shamal but you have to turn at the right time or else it wont be able to catch up before the shamal reaches LV.

- FiJiAn 4 LiFe

GritSandWiches4Breakfest

Try to use the button that makes your plane corner and turn with better control.

Yeah...right....

The Dodo can turn on a dime. When you're so high you can't see the ground, you don't have the needed points of reference to judge how fast you're turning. You can spin around a couple times, flip upside down, and end up still headed in your original direction.

The trick with this mission is to get really, really high; then turn slowly, watching the radar so as to keep the plane in front of you once the turn begins. It takes a great deal of finesse to handle the Dodo at high speeds, as in a dive -- it's real work just to keep going in a straight line. Having a joystick or game pad will help a lot. You have to have a lot of altitude, because you will be diving at the Shamal; in fact, that is the ONLY way you can catch it. And it has to be a steep dive.

No doubt about it, it's a tricky mission.

Hi all!

Thanks for all the replies, and excuse my week absence.

I have finally finished the Mission. Freefall passed.

What I did:

I went towards the plane, but heading to the right. I passed the plane and went very very far.

Then I turned and came back to the enemy plane from its behinds (the plane does not move untill you enter it's vision field).

That way, I could bypass all my turning and direction-loss I had, and reached the plane on my second try using this method.