Fahrenheit

-beeblebrox-

Anybody heard of this, 'cause I think it's looking pretty good. At the start of the game you are 'possesed' and kill an innocent stranger in a diner restroom, once you come to your senses you have to decide how to deal with what you've just done. Do you leave the diner as discretely as possible, or try to hide the body and clean the place up? The game uses 24-style split screen at various points, and also has you playing both the killer and the detectives attempting to solve the murder. Quite how this works I'm not sure, but I've played the demo and found it rather interesting.

It's released across Europe 5th September.

Eurogamer article

Official site

Demo download at gamershell.com

Dont take it the wrong way because I dont like to be a know it all dickhole but we already have 2 threads on this. Oh and in the UK at least it isnt out till the 16th.

Oh balls, sorry about that then, guess I should have looked harder.

There's a lesson in this kids, you're never too old to search! Lockage then I guess.

I'm iffy about the game, it seems like there is alot you can't control, I like the interactive-movie feel but it felt like it wasn't giving me a choice for the demo. I cleaned myself all up, hid the body, cleaned the floor, but STILL there was a long blood trail that I couldn't interact with and the cop always follows it, opens the door, finds the body.

Can you clean that trail of blood leading into the stall that results from you dragging the body there? It will only let me clean the puddle..

I'm iffy about the game, it seems like there is alot you can't control, I like the interactive-movie feel but it felt like it wasn't giving me a choice for the demo. I cleaned myself all up, hid the body, cleaned the floor, but STILL there was a long blood trail that I couldn't interact with and the cop always follows it, opens the door, finds the body.

Can you clean that trail of blood leading into the stall that results from you dragging the body there? It will only let me clean the puddle..

Well you have to think, if he managed to cover up all evidence and the body was never found, it'd be a pretty quick game wouldnt it. The cop needs to find the body to progress the story, its up to you how long it takes for the cop to find it though.

I suppose you are right, I'm guessing the body has to be found because it leads to the cops profiling you or something, I'm still buying this game the second it comes out.

cool at leas siera still thinks about us adventurers unlike LUCAS ARTS who keep relecing GAZILION OF STAR WARS GAMES[sTUPID STAR WARS GAMES thi should sto that and continue working on :Full throttle2,Sam&Max freelance police and Monkey icland 5

Wow, so as I read the website, this game isn't going to be released in North America? It talks only about the UK, will it be released across seas? Because if not, I will totally do what I do whenever I can't buy a game.

Wow, so as I read the website, this game isn't going to be released in North America? It talks only about the UK, will it be released across seas? Because if not, I will totally do what I do whenever I can't buy a game.

It's called Indigo Prophecy in the US if that helps.

Ok, I just read it's coming out on the 6th in USA under it's crazy Indigo name. Thanks for the heads-up on the name, those names are worlds different.

Sorry for DP, however, need to ask one last thing, how far does the demo let you go? The article mentioned something about meeting your brother in the park in the 'concluding chapter of the demo'. Can you do this?

It seems once you hitch a ride in a taxi or go to the subway the game ends.

cool at leas siera still thinks about us adventurers unlike LUCAS ARTS who keep relecing GAZILION OF STAR WARS GAMES[sTUPID STAR WARS GAMES thi should sto that and continue working on :Full throttle2,Sam&Max freelance police and Monkey icland 5

Wtf that made absof*ckinglutely no sense.

This game looks my style, a thinking man's game, I would love if it had a North America release.~TGK

cool at leas siera still thinks about us adventurers unlike LUCAS ARTS who keep relecing  GAZILION OF STAR WARS GAMES[sTUPID STAR WARS GAMES thi should sto that and continue working on :Full throttle2,Sam&Max freelance police and Monkey icland 5

Wtf that made absof*ckinglutely no sense.

This game looks my style, a thinking man's game, I would love if it had a North America release.~TGK

Especially considering the game has f*ck all to do with Sierra aswel.

The game does have a North American Release, under the name "Indigo Prophecy"

Sorry for DP, however, need to ask one last thing, how far does the demo let you go? The article mentioned something about meeting your brother in the park in the 'concluding chapter of the demo'. Can you do this?

It seems once you hitch a ride in a taxi or go to the subway the game ends.

Yeah I think that must have been a press demo, or an earlier demo, the current one ends after you escape the cafe.

what what do you mean not in america what is this then

Ok, I just read it's coming out on the 6th in USA under it's crazy Indigo name.
wow.gif

WHAT I JUST CALLED MY GAMES STORE IT ISNT AWRYVED YET WHAT IS THIS NOW I AM GOING TO KILL SOMEONE GRRRRRRRRRRRR devil.gif

what what do you mean not in america what is this then
Ok, I just read it's coming out on the 6th in USA under it's crazy Indigo name.
wow.gif

That is what one webpage said is when it would ship to America. But I checked the official EB Games website and got..

Indigo Prophecy

Pre-Order: Ships on 9/20/2005

$39.99

Publisher:  ATARI

ESRB:  Mature

So, it won't be out in Canada until maybe the 25th.

Is the game Fahrenheit named Indigo Prophecy in America? blink.gif

That makes no sense i can understand why the game is named Fahrenheit because it's in the middle of a snowstorm and it's cold but Indigo Prophecy!? confused.gif

well youl c when you play the game or i think it has something to do with the mater OF YOU BEING POSESED BY SOMEONE that sounds like a Indigo Prophecy to me + they didnt wanted to name it fareheith in america coz to much people would think it has something to do with that fat guy tounge.gif

Digïtál £vîl

I believe that Fahrenheit is in reference to him reaching the boiling point of his sanity as he is dragged into this twisted mess of murder and spiritual poccession.

Just my thought. and I agree. I think Fahrenheit should be the name. Oh well. I wil take the Indigo one as well.

I played the fahrenheit demo as well. The one thing i am wondering is whether or not that bum out in the ally way really saw u or not. I mean if u rush out the front door or the back one and run off, it shows the bum walking out of the ally way after. If you go into the ally and look at the bum, then it doesnt. but im wondering how it affects the gameplay.

well youl c when you play the game or i think it has something to do with the mater OF YOU BEING POSESED BY SOMEONE that sounds like a Indigo Prophecy to me + they didnt wanted to name it fareheith in america coz to much people would think it has something to do with that fat guy  tounge.gif

A fat guy named Fahrenheit? whatsthat.gif

Is he famous or something?

Digïtál £vîl
well youl c when you play the game or i think it has something to do with the mater OF YOU BEING POSESED BY SOMEONE that sounds like a Indigo Prophecy to me + they didnt wanted to name it fareheith in america coz to much people would think it has something to do with that fat guy  tounge.gif

A fat guy named Fahrenheit? whatsthat.gif

Is he famous or something?

I think he is refering to Michael Moore. The man who created and directed the sad excuse of a documentary called "Fahrenheit 9/11" which actually was a very poorly chosen knock off title of the early original film "Fahrenheit" made some odd years ago.

reticulatingsplines

The demo is awesome. Very atmospheric. There's a whole '24' split screen thing that's fairly awesome also. Took a while to get used to the controls, though. The soundtrack reminds me of Requiem for a Dream - it's that same melancholy strings and whatnot.

Definitely a win in my book.

2mdj8jo.gif

Tick..Tick...The game is going to be released in my area in just under 2 weeks. I'm waiting, there are no other good games on the market, I am waiting.