Those crafty Holden guys...

Cran.

So I was riding home from school, and I rode past Hamilton Holden here in Adelaide. I see this truck, whats on this truck. A Medium sized 4WD. What badges does it have? Suzuki Grand Vitara. Now I ask myself, what is a Suzuki Grand Vitara doing on a truck new the gates to Hamilton Holdens stock yard? But hey, something else is werid. This ain't no Suzuki. I didn't have my camera sadly, I wish I did.

I've come to either one of thses conclusions.

Holden are using a Suzuki for their new mid sized SUV

OR

This is not a suzuki, more or less a Production version of the Chevy S3X and they badged it as a Suzuki to confuse people.

user posted image

It did look alot like that, and had a new Jeep Grand Cherokee like rear. I might take my camera, go for a ride, and see if I can see it anywhere. Last time I checked, Suzuki have not mensioned anything about a new Grand Vitara. They styling of this car looks nothing close to a Suzuki

Those crafty Holden guys... I'm going to have to be on the ball and see if anything else interesting shows up.

Holden are using a Suzuki for their new mid sized SUV

No tounge.gif I wonder why they'd even have a Suzuki at their dealer anyway. Must be doing something to it.

What kind of truck was this Suzuki on? Like an "Auto Haul-away" type truck? (Tractor-Trailer which carries cars)

I dunno what its like over there, but over here you often see a mix of brands on one truck... IE: Toyota and GMC on one truck, both being delivered to their dealerships... Therefore the Toyota vehicles are on the truck in the GM dealership for a while...

I'm likely wrong on this, just thought it could have been one reason tounge.gif

San andreas master

Holden Cruise have suzuki engines running them, lol tiny little four cylinder Suzuki and I think Suzuki's car (which is the same as the Holden Cruise except with Suzuki badges) is called a Suzuki swift I think? - ѕ.а.м

Holden Cruise have suzuki engines running them, lol tiny little four cylinder Suzuki and I think Suzuki's car (which is the same as the Holden Cruise except with Suzuki badges) is called a Suzuki swift I think? - ¾.à.ì

The Holden Cruize and Suzuki Swift are nothing alike.

Aren't Suzuki and Holden in some form of joint dealership thing? like, the same way Daihatsu's are sold by Toyota dealerships?

On another note, I saw a Mazda 6 MPS the other day on the back of a truck!! probably went to the nearby Mazda dealer, might have to go have a look sometime.

EDIT: The Holden Cruise may be based on the Suzuki Ignis platform.

Edited by Touge

My dad was going to take the Mazdaspeed 6 (Mazda 6 MPS where you are) for a Demo... Unfortunately they dealer-traded it away for a couple of other cars... Dumbasses... Thats okay though, he's driving an RX-8 instead smile.gif

GTA3Freak-2001

@Holden Cruise - Yeah the Suzuki Ignis is also badged as a Holden Cruise with the rear lights and few other things slightly changed.

I usually would say yeah it must be a new Suzkuki/Holden dealo but don't all the badge changing happen at the actual Elizibeth plant?