2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

demonj0e

[BETA][SA] Car Wash

demonj0e

Well after somone requested a car wash here, http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=210827&st=0

I tried this and after an eavening of working ive made a piece of code wich allows you to have a carwash, Its pretty simple at the min but ill add more tomoz (tiem for sleeping now),

Whats this dose is creates a marker at the carwash up the road from where u start off at (opposite the clucking bell)you drive into it and it fixes up your car and cleans it of any dirt,

(guess you could say its just like a pay and spray garage)

Well heres the code, will add more tomoz

As usual thanks to Demerast for helping with the code

----------------------Goes With Other Create_thread code----------004F: create_thread ££CARWASH02--------------------------Goes Above mission 0-----------------:CARWASH020001: wait  250 ms00D6: if  00256:   player $PLAYER_CHAR defined004D: jump_if_false ££CARWASH0200D6: if  00103:   actor $PLAYER_ACTOR stopped_near_point_in_car  2454.918 -1461.145  24.236 radius  6.0  6.0  4.0 sphere  1004D: jump_if_false ££CARWASH0203C0: @0 = actor $PLAYER_ACTOR car00AA: store_car @0 position_to @1 @2 @30227: @4 = car @0 health08EC: @6 = car @0 type0441: @7 = car @0 model03F3: get_car @0 color @90 @910247: request_model @7:CARWASH030001: wait  0 ms00D6: if  00248:   model @7 available004D: jump_if_false ££CARWASH030362: remove_actor $PLAYER_ACTOR from_car_and_place_at  2454.702 -1461.226 2400A6: destroy_car @000A5: @5 = create_car @7 at  @1  @2  22.00175: set_car @5 z_angle_to  90.0036A: put_actor $PLAYER_ACTOR in_car @50224: set_car @5 health_to @40229: set_car @5 color_to  @90  @910249: release_model @701C3: remove_references_to_car @5;; Like turning a car into any random car:CARWASH040001: wait  250 ms00D6: if  00256:   player $PLAYER_CHAR defined004D: jump_if_false ££CARWASH0200D6: if  000FE:   actor $PLAYER_ACTOR  0 ()near_point  2454.918 -1461.145  24.236 radius  6.0  6.0  4.0004D: jump_if_false ££CARWASH020002: jump ££CARWASH04

If anyone has some free time can they find co-ordinates of other car washes?

Edited by demonj0e

Demarest

As mentioned in that other thread, you don't need to use vars for spheres, so the @10 is useless. Also, you should code in a way to catch all, not pray all wink.gif So again, I would recommend an escape loop over a 9 second wait. Like so

:CARWASH020001: wait  250 ms00D6: if  00256:   player $PLAYER_CHAR defined004D: jump_if_false ££CARWASH0200D6: if  00103:   actor $PLAYER_ACTOR stopped_near_point_in_car  2454.918 -1461.145  24.236 radius  6.0  6.0  4.0 sphere  1004D: jump_if_false ££CARWASH0203C0: @0 = actor $PLAYER_ACTOR car00AA: store_car @0 position_to @1 @2 @30227: @4 = car @0 health08EC: @6 = car @0 type0441: @7 = car @0 model03F3: get_car @0 color @90 @910247: request_model @7:CARWASH030001: wait  0 ms00D6: if  00248:   model @7 available004D: jump_if_false ££CARWASH030362: remove_actor $PLAYER_ACTOR from_car_and_place_at  2454.702 -1461.226 2400A6: destroy_car @000A5: @5 = create_car @7 at  @1  @2  22.00175: set_car @5 z_angle_to  90.0036A: put_actor $PLAYER_ACTOR in_car @50224: set_car @5 health_to @40229: set_car @5 color_to  @90  @910249: release_model @701C3: remove_references_to_car @5;; Like turning a car into any random car:CARWASH040001: wait  250 ms00D6: if  00256:   player $PLAYER_CHAR defined004D: jump_if_false ££CARWASH0200D6: if  000FE:   actor $PLAYER_ACTOR  0 ()near_point  2454.918 -1461.145  24.236 radius  6.0  6.0  4.0004D: jump_if_false ££CARWASH020002: jump ££CARWASH04

I loosened up the timings for the location sniffs as 0 was WAY too high priority. Once you establish the location of other car washes, turning some of these into coordinate arrays should have you well under way smile.gif Good luck with the fades and what not.

Krayjee

Ohhh goody goody! A working carwash! inlove.gif

How do I install it though? As in which file does it go into? blush.gif

If it goes into the main.scm file, then I need help. It's all just a bunch of unreadable characters when I open it up in notepad. sad.gif

Catloaf for you! catloaf_by_anuj.gif

and a cookie.wink.gif cookie.gif

Edited by Krayjee

southsideryder

Well at least give us instructions or a auto-installer....

daz215

You'll need barton waterducks mission builder 0.33 for SA, then you just insert the code into the scm wink.gif

Knife

He might relese it in a scm. If he dosen't I could put it in a scm for y'all

Zelius

Great idea, but is there any way to have it not fix up your car while cleaning it? I think Pay'n'Spray already serves that purpose well enough.

Krayjee

You'll need barton waterducks mission builder 0.33 for SA, then you just insert the code into the scm wink.gif

Where do I find that? turn.gif

EDIT:: Poo, I just found it ._.

Barton's Mission Builder from GTA Gaming

Edited by Krayjee

Krayjee

Oopsie, double post!

Edited by Krayjee

Demarest
Great idea, but is there any way to have it not fix up your car while cleaning it? I think Pay'n'Spray already serves that purpose well enough.

That's purely graphical. As the code indicates, your car retains its original health.

@Karyjee: If you don't download it from Craig or myself, you're taking a big risk at using an out of date Builder.

Krayjee

That's purely graphical. As the code indicates, your car retains its original health.

@Karyjee: If you don't download it from Craig or myself, you're taking a big risk at using an out of date Builder.

It's 0.33 for sure, but the problem is....

When I tried opening up main.scm, then putting it in a "workfolder" or something like that, I get this...

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a395/Kra...bartonmbT_T.png

Knife

You need to get the version off Craigs or Demarast's sites for the best result. If you wan't a link then ask one of them

Demarest
It's 0.33 for sure, but the problem is....

When I tried opening up main.scm, then putting it in a "workfolder" or something like that, I get this...

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a395/Kra...bartonmbT_T.png

lol.gif

"I don't need your guys' version but when I use a different one, I get the same error that your guys' version is different to solve."

lol.gif

Thank you for making my point.

Krayjee

Alright the other problem is fixed, thanks to Demarest, but now I have another, Demarest tried helping out, but I couldn't quite find what was wrong.

I do everything that it says to do, put the '004F: create_thread ££CARWASH' with the large batch of create_threads, (shown in the background of the screenshot). I place the other codes, I tried yours, then Demarest's, above -------mission 0--------.

Yet, I get this problem when trying to compile. Partway through, this occurs...

http://img400.imageshack.us/my.php?image=m...lemmb0332ev.png

Demarest

Demarest slaps own forehead

I can't believe I missed it before. Ironically, I only caught it because you posted it where the code was in the topic wink.gif

The first line of my code is CARWASH02. So your create_thread should point to that label, not just CARWASH. That's what I was saying in PM about they have to match. You're saying create_thread CARWASH, but no section has CARWASH as its label. demon accidentally handed you a faulty call line.

Krayjee

ahhhh, I had a feeling it involved that in a way...

I'll throw that in, see if it works.

EDIT::: It compiled! *rushes in-game to test*

EDIT2:::: DAMN. I need the 1.01 patch, don't I?

This is the suxors. cryani.gif

Edited by Krayjee

demonj0e

he he sorry i updated top post now

no you do not need the patch because it creates a clean car for you

Krayjee

he he sorry i updated top post now

no you do not need the patch because it creates a clean car for you

odd.... I gotta try that out again then...

noo it didn't help. I took a dirty Infernus in there, and it just kinda reset my car , reset the radio, as if it put me in a new car, (i'm pretty sure thats how it should work) no fading, etc. the car stayed exactly the same though. no more or less dirt.... There's no visible marker either, I just go in, and it does what I said.

Edited by Krayjee

Demarest
I hadn't thought of that before. Clean vehicles don't exist in the unpatched version from what I've seen. Can anybody verify that?

demonj0e

oh i hadent realy noticed that ill work some more on it today but im not patching my sa

maybe if someone can find what chnaged R* made wich fixes the washing cars i might be able to add for unpatched version

kaaltje boy

kan some one help me whit this

LeeDFXP

try this version of the tool: GO HERE

That should do the trick wink.gif

Knife

Remember that the only ones that really work are the ones that have the peds.ide ect ect included with them!

kaaltje boy

oke it works but i dont under stand houw to add it msut i add it in the main txt file ore whant i dont understand kan you just put an main.scm file here so i kan download it that would be easyer devil.gif

Krayjee

Download 'main.scm' file here.

Enjoy, though it won't make your cars clean unless you have the 1.01 patch.

Oh yes, please, please, PLEASE take some grammar and spelling lessons. Reading your posts hurt my eyes. whatsthat.gif

EDIT::: your going to have to rename it main.scm after you download it. The file got renamed to a bunch of numbers during the upload process...

Edited by Krayjee

kaaltje boy

thanks im goan test it now sorry for my wrong spelling im from the netherlands you know devil.gif

Krayjee
thanks im goan test it now sorry for my wrong spelling im from the netherlands you know devil.gif

Ah. Didn't know that you were from The Netherlands. blush.gif My mistake!

Demarest
if someone can find what chnaged R* made wich fixes the washing cars i might be able to add for unpatched version

ashdexx covered it in the original topic in editing discussion.

ALEXE

does this work with DARKPACT? devil.gif