3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Can we ...

Mad X

I just want to ask if it is possible to change the way that cars and planes work ;

maybe adding a machine-gun or a rocket launcher to the skimmer or givig it weels so it be able to take off from the gound

I just want to ask if it is possible to change the way that cars and planes work ;

maybe adding a machine-gun or a rocket launcher to the skimmer or givig it weels so it be able to take off from the gound

Are you talking about SA because you can do this in a hydra

I hope that you can!! inlove.gif

maybe adding a machine-gun or a rocket launcher  to the skimmer or givig it weels so  it be able to take off from the gound

Are you talking about SA because you can do this in a hydra

Traditionally though, this would mean that that ID and ONLY that ID could do that. I don't know if SA is more lax with that or not. I know that you're probably going to have more luck talking to the modders. Maybe it's possible now since the Hydra and the Vortex are the first vehicles to transcend the class barrier.

random_download

It is possible to reassign special attributes such as the cuban flame exhaust, hunter guns, tank cannon etc. to a different car. However, this doesn't work unless the car is of the same type, eg. you cannot have a boat with hunter weapons, but you can have another helicopter such as the sparrow with hunter weapons.

As far as a distributable mod, then no. The weapons on a vehicle in VC are indigenous to the model ID. I also think you need special dummies in the model, but that might not be true.
Quadropheniac90
Too bad it's for Vice City, you can make it shoot missiles though, create an object in front of it which moves forward and explodes after 5 seconds or so... But that probably isn't what you want.

It is possible to reassign special attributes

blink.gif How ... Does it have something with handeling.cfg ?

you can make it shoot missiles though, create an object in front of it which moves forward and explodes after 5 seconds or so... But that probably isn't what you want.

That's a good idea But a little more question ... can we use the way that rocket works

Or nervous.gif it doesn't have no thing with the main.scm

Too bad it's for Vice City

I'm sure that it can be converted to LC ...

Too bad it's for Vice City

I'm sure that it can be converted to LC ...

yawn.gif Every now and then we get somebody so eager to have something that they can't simmer down long enough to do it themselves or they simply refuse to hear of the impossibility of it all. whatsthat.gif

random_download

How ... Does it have something with handeling.cfg ?

No, it is hardcoded, you have to change it through memory.

yawn.gif Every now and then we get somebody so eager to have something that they can't simmer down long enough to do it themselves or they simply refuse to hear of the impossibility of it all. whatsthat.gif

blink.gif I DID NOT MEAN I WILL DO IT ... may be some one else ... may be you wink.gif

No, it is hardcoded, you have to change it through memory.

Bad luck angry.gif

dertyjerzian

blink.gif I DID NOT MEAN I WILL DO IT ... may be some one else ... may be you wink.gif

He meant that you are not paying attention to what you're being told tounge.gif read back up there again, k? Your shift button seems to get stuck, btw. wink.gif

We have a request forum. So unless you plan on learning (this forum is for DISCUSSING misison coding), maybe take your smiley parade elsewhere?

• 3 weeks later...
Bob Ghengis Khan

You can add a machinegun to any vehicle in san andreas or VC with opcode 0541, but it shows up in front of and under the center of your vehicle. For cars, it shoots under the road. In Vice city, the machine gun doesnt behave like a hunter or sea sparrows gun, and wont aim down now matter how far you tilt your helicopter, it always shoots parallel with the ground

In SA, it aims like a hunters weapon, and is pretty brutal. But it creates this awful sound when you first fire it, and the sound refuses to go away. First time trying it out, I stole a taxi, fired the gun, and got out. The taxi driver took his vehicle back, drove away, stopped at a red light and the awful noise was still playing, until he disappeared.

Gonna have to wait til people can crack the sound files so that noise can be deleted or replaced

If you wanna see for yourself, I used this for SA:

:fire_guns

0001: wait 0 ms

00D6: if 0

0256: player $PLAYER_CHAR defined

004D: jump_if_false ££fire_guns

04C8: actor $PLAYER_ACTOR driving_flying_vehicle

03C0: @0 = actor $PLAYER_ACTOR car

00E1: key_pressed 0 4

0541: fire_guns_on_vehicle @0

0002: jump ££fire_guns

Edited by Bob Ghengis Khan
Code's a little off. An if player defined loop should NEVER have a wait 0 level of priority. It also litters the memory. More accurate would be
:fire_gun03A4: name_thread 'GUNFIRE':fire_guns0001: wait 250 ms00D6: if 00256:   player $PLAYER_CHAR defined004D: jump_if_false ££fire_guns00D6: if 004C8:   actor $PLAYER_ACTOR driving_flying_vehicle004D: jump_if_false ££fire_guns03C0: @0 = actor $PLAYER_ACTOR car :fire_guns20001: wait 50 ms00D6: if 10256:   player $PLAYER_CHAR defined8119:   NOT   car @0 wrecked004D: jump_if_false ££fire_gunsend00D6: if  000DB:   actor $PLAYER_ACTOR in_car @0004D: jump_if_false ££fire_gunsend00D6: if 000E1:   key_pressed  0  4004D: jump_if_false ££fire_guns20541: fire_guns_on_vehicle @00002: jump ££fire_guns2:fire_gunsend01C3: remove_references_to_car @00002: jump ££fire_guns