4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
jbond

going to CARWASH

jbond

a long time ago...rockstar says that it will be possible to clean the cars in carwash in san an.

then i heard about the 1.01 update but it only change that dirty cars get clean in pay`n`spray.

so to all the modders out there: could it be possible to modding that,

i know that car get clean if it rains,

maybe you can use it. or the code

for car cleaning in 1.01 version,

or the mission cut scene.

i dont know what it possiple but:

there is the gas-mod as well

and it is enaugh that when you driving trough

carwash it turn into clean

without any anymation!!!

maybe some of you think the same?!

(i am sorry for that kind of broken english)

random_download

I would imagine that the cars getting clean when it rains would be hardcoded. However, I guess you could store all information about the car (eg. colour, health, mods etc.) destory it and then create a new one that is the same.

sueey

I think you had better find a No-rust mod~~ÖйúÈË rahkstar2.gif

cns

How can I wash my car after patching?! Ive patched my game but there is no effect! Not it Pay'N'Spray not after the rain... Who has washed the car please tell me how!

jbond

i got a video how the rain cleaning a car(but i havnt got a link, so i only could mail it)

and tuning-shop and pay`n´spray working to, i think!

BUT I WILL HELP YOU CNS, how could i mail the video to you?

demonj0e
I would imagine that the cars getting clean when it rains would be hardcoded. However, I guess you could store all information about the car (eg. colour, health, mods etc.) destory it and then create a new one that is the same.

mmmm..... i might just have a go at that...

seams simple enough

create a marker in the car wash place

make sure cj has stopped in marker

make sure that cj is driving a car

then fade the scrren out so its black and then run the code wich saves the health co-ordinates,and all that sh*t then create a new car exatly same place

and then turn the scrren back to normal take some money away from player and then carry on

but what about if the car is damaged?

you could make it only wash un damaged cars

or make it fix up the cars aswell

Xune

That sounds like a long winded way of approaching the problem demonj0e.

Isn't the dirt on the car simply a texture? I'm sure I read the name of it on this forum somewhere. Instead of destroying and remaking the car, couldn't you just make it so that the dirt texture is no longer displayed? That way you don't have to worry about fading in and out or the condition of the car.

Something to think about at least. Good luck.

demonj0e
lol ye it is pretty long way around it but i havent seen the texture name for the dirt yet and im not sure how to remove a texture from a car in scm or anything

cns
i got a video how the rain cleaning a car(but i havnt got a link, so i only could mail it)

[email protected]

jbond

[email protected]

video is on the way!

cns

[email protected]

video is on the way!

can you make a video whith dirty car then create a rain and the moment it becomes clean...

jbond
:46]
i got a video how the rain cleaning a carhavnti havnt got a link, so i only could mail it)

BUT I WILL HELP YOU CNS, how could i the  the video to you?

[email protected]

video is on the way!

can you make awhitho whith dirty car then create a rain and the moment it becomes clean...

i think the video contains it.

look at the side off the car! low between the wheels there is dirt. then i go inside and in a moment the dirt goes! you see it?

spaceeinstein
The car's dirt and rust is in the car's own TXD file. Just blank that out and your car is forever looking clean.

cns

The car's dirt and rust is in the car's own TXD file. Just blank that out and your car is forever looking clean.

Idea is not to make all cars clean, idea is to make ability to wash the car...

demonj0e

well ive been tryign some code

i havent got it to work yet sad.gif game crashes when it loads up

can anyone see anythign wrong in this?

:CARWASH000001: wait  0 ms00D6: if  00256:   player $PLAYER_CHAR defined004D: jump_if_false ££CARWASH0003BC: @10 = create_sphere  2454.702 -1461.226 24  1.2:CARWASH020001: wait  0 ms00D6: if  00449:   actor $PLAYER_ACTOR in_a_car004D: jump_if_false ££CARWASH0203C0: @0 = actor $PLAYER_ACTOR car00AA: store_car @0 position_to @1 @2 @30227: @4 = car @0 health00D6: if 100FE:   actor $PLAYER_ACTOR  0 ()near_point  2454.702 -1461.226 24 radius  90.0  40.0  4.001C1:   car @0 stopped004D: jump_if_false ££CARWASH02:CARWASH030001: wait  10 ms03BD: destroy_sphere @100362: remove_actor $PLAYER_ACTOR from_car_and_place_at   2454.702 -1461.226 2400A6: destroy_car @000A5: @5 = create_car @0 at  @1  @2  @3036A: put_actor $PLAYER_ACTOR in_car @00224: set_car @0 health_to @401C3: remove_references_to_car @0;; Like turning a car into any random car0002: jump ££CARWASH00

cns
well ive been tryign some code

i havent got it to work yet sad.gif game crashes when it loads up

can anyone see anythign wrong in this?

:CARWASH000001: wait  0 ms00D6: if  00256:   player $PLAYER_CHAR defined004D: jump_if_false ££CARWASH0003BC: @10 = create_sphere  2454.702 -1461.226 24  1.2:CARWASH020001: wait  0 ms00D6: if  00449:   actor $PLAYER_ACTOR in_a_car004D: jump_if_false ££CARWASH0203C0: @0 = actor $PLAYER_ACTOR car00AA: store_car @0 position_to @1 @2 @30227: @4 = car @0 health00D6: if 100FE:   actor $PLAYER_ACTOR  0 ()near_point  2454.702 -1461.226 24 radius  90.0  40.0  4.001C1:   car @0 stopped004D: jump_if_false ££CARWASH02:CARWASH030001: wait  10 ms03BD: destroy_sphere @100362: remove_actor $PLAYER_ACTOR from_car_and_place_at   2454.702 -1461.226 2400A6: destroy_car @000A5: @5 = create_car @0 at  @1  @2  @3036A: put_actor $PLAYER_ACTOR in_car @00224: set_car @0 health_to @401C3: remove_references_to_car @0;; Like turning a car into any random car0002: jump ££CARWASH00

You have to load car model before

demonj0e

yes but what would the car model be?

it could be anything unless i put a not player driving certain car in

cns
yes but what would the car model be?

it could be anything unless i put a not player driving certain car in

you have to load requested model player drives in, try to find pay'n'spray code in scm...

Demarest

I don't know if that's true or not since he's driving the car, but I too would definitely put it in there.

The reason it's crashing is because you're creating car type CAR instead of car type ID. If that's confusing to you, note @6 in the revised code. Notice how I wrapped is player driving, is player near, is player stopped, and the spehere all into one conditional? Since the sphere from that conditional is the size of the largest radius, I lowered your x from 90 to 40 to keep it looking as it actually functions. Not sure why you'd want a 90 radius anyways.

:CARWASH000005: @10 =  1:CARWASH020001: wait  0 ms00D6: if  00256:   player $PLAYER_CHAR defined004D: jump_if_false ££CARWASH0200D6: if  00103:   actor $PLAYER_ACTOR stopped_near_point_in_car  2454.702 -1461.226  24 radius  40.0  40.0  4.0 sphere [email protected]: jump_if_false ££CARWASH0203C0: @0 = actor $PLAYER_ACTOR car00AA: store_car @0 position_to @1 @2 @30227: @4 = car @0 health08EC: @6 = car @0 type0247: request_model @6:CARWASH030001: wait  0 ms00D6: if  00248:   model @6 available004D: jump_if_false ££CARWASH030362: remove_actor $PLAYER_ACTOR from_car_and_place_at   2454.702 -1461.226 2400A6: destroy_car @000A5: @5 = create_car @6 at  @1  @2  @3036A: put_actor $PLAYER_ACTOR in_car @00224: set_car @0 health_to @401C3: remove_references_to_car @0;; Like turning a car into any random car0002: jump ££CARWASH02

This code is untested. I'm not yet certain if SA still uses spheres that way. If not, you can still use the style of sphere you were and just use a different single conditional. You should also add an escape loop because the way your code is designed right now, once triggered, it will continue to loop, forever recreating the car and juggling you amongst it. That too is a POSSIBLE cause for crashing though I don't see how.

@cns: Pay N Sprays have been hardcoded since GTA3.

demonj0e

i cant see anything releated to pay and spray in scm confused.gifnotify.gif

ive found sum stuff about mod shops but thats all

***Oh sorry dem didnt see ure post there**

thanks now i have better understanding of how to request the players car i hope this turns out well biggrin.gif

btw what dose this do??

0005: @10 =  1

Edited by demonj0e

Demarest
When using a sphere in a conditional, it has to be set to a var and the var has to equal 1. At least that's how it was done originally.

StormyWeathers
This code is untested. I'm not yet certain if SA still uses spheres that way. If not, you can still use the style of sphere you were and just use a different single conditional. You should also add an escape loop because the way your code is designed right now, once triggered, it will continue to loop, forever recreating the car and juggling you amongst it. That too is a POSSIBLE cause for crashing though I don't see how.

0103: actor $PLAYER_ACTOR stopped_near_point_in_car 2454.702 -1461.226 24 radius 40.0 40.0

Parameter 8 not set!

greetz, SW

Demarest
0103: actor $PLAYER_ACTOR stopped_near_point_in_car 2454.702 -1461.226 24 radius 40.0 40.0

Parameter 8 not set!

So... use the ENTIRE line wow.gif

Oh, and dem0n pointed out to me on AIM that I neglected include release model and remove reference commands.

StormyWeathers
0103: actor $PLAYER_ACTOR stopped_near_point_in_car  2454.702 -1461.226  24 radius  40.0  40.0

Parameter 8 not set!

So... use the ENTIRE line wow.gif

Oh, and dem0n pointed out to me on AIM that I neglected include release model and remove reference commands.

0103: actor $PLAYER_ACTOR stopped_near_point_in_car 2454.702 -1461.226 24 radius 40.0 40.0 4.0 sphere [email protected]

Sorry... i did used the whole line. Didn't do a good job on copy and paste.

Again... parameter 8 not set.

demonj0e

biggrin.gif ill try some more stuff and post ma code again and umm demerast ure original line was

0103:   actor $PLAYER_ACTOR stopped_near_point_in_car  2454.702 -1461.226  24 radius  40.0  40.0  4.0 sphere [email protected]

if people use this they will get parimater 8 not set the problem was the [email protected] it has to be @10

btw guys dont use this til i release it cuz this is just a test so then i can get all car washes done and ect

ok i tried in a stripped scm and it works but not quite properly

the marker appears but its huge

also nothing happens when u stop inside it prob cuz its to big

Edited by demonj0e

mbell

@Dem: You don't have to use a variable to create the sphere (and yes, putting them in conditionals still works in SA). This code works as you'd expect:

0103:   actor $PLAYER_ACTOR stopped near point in car $AmbX $AmbY $AmbZ radius  4.0  4.0  6.0 sphere  1

Demarest

That's good to know on both counts! Thanks, mbell colgate.gif

Just so you guys know, those types of conditionals need to be looped to be visible. Most if checks of that nature are looped anyways, so it shouldn't matter.

MadHacker04

:CARWASH000001: wait  0 ms00D6: if  00256:   player $PLAYER_CHAR defined004D: jump_if_false ££CARWASH00:CARWASH020001: wait  0 ms00D6: if  00449:   actor $PLAYER_ACTOR in_a_car004D: jump_if_false ££CARWASH0203C0: @0 = actor $PLAYER_ACTOR car0227: @4 = car @0 health 03F3: get_car @0 color @90 @9100D6: if 100EC:   actor $PLAYER_ACTOR  0 ()near_point  2454.702 -1461.226 radius  10.0  10.001C1:   car @0 stopped004D: jump_if_false ££CARWASH02:CARWASH030001: wait  10 ms0407: create_coordinate @1 @2 @3 from_car @0 offset 0  0  0 0362: remove_actor $PLAYER_ACTOR from_car_and_place_at 2454.702 -1461.226 240441: @6 = car @0 model00A6: destroy_car @000A5: @5 = create_car @6 at  @1  @2  @3036A: put_actor $PLAYER_ACTOR in_car @50224: set_car @5 health_to @40229: set_car @5 color_to  @90  @9101C3: remove_references_to_car @5;; Like turning a car into any random car0001: wait  3000 ms0002: jump ££CARWASH00

so here my modified one.... maybe you must set the z_angle too but this should be run.

--- greetz ---

MadHacker04

demonj0e

theres a more up to date one now but thanks for the get car color opcode will come in handy thanks

Ill post my code soon

**EDIT***

ok works fine now im gonna spice it up a bit and then release it, Keep a look out in the release forum

Edited by demonj0e

Demarest
@MadHacker: Your code has the same errors that his did. Model aside, the loops are fractured and overinflated.