VCMP Browser is out !

Jfk003

Hello again,

Here is the new VCMP Browser, a small tool that will allow you to keep a list of servers for VC:MP !

This program is in fact the following of Ubrowser, and was renamed to make its role clear.

Besides, Ratt helped me a lot on this release ; he has got as you might know a php webpage that allows you to give your vc mp server address.

We thought about the problem of a masterlist that could be directly retrieved in VCMP Browser, and we found a solution (at least one good enough for what still remains a temporary solution - I insist, don't ask to retrieve the player list or the like please - until the release of an official browser).

Here are the main features of VCMP Browser :

- keeps a list of servers in one software

- launches vc:mp just by clicking on the server name

- directly retrieves a list of server from a main server !

- you can add your own server to the main list ! This can be done by clicking in the correspounding menu item of VCMP Browser ; you will then be directed to the php interface of Ratt. Once you add the server, it will be shown in the php interface, but also in VCMP Browser if you download the master list again !

- plus other features and improvements that you will surely notice by yourslef...

Also, big thanks to SockX for his php online/offline script wink.gif

One link :

VCMP Browser v 0.2

Disclaimer :

The program is not *by any means* meant to replace an official browser. It is far from perfect, and is never going to be even close to it ; nevertheless, we truly hope it will help you enjoy VC:MP even more !

Note to the devs : if you think this system is decent enough, please make the post sticky until the release of an official browser.

Yep, was very pleased with the final results of the browser. I look forward to helping you perfect it and release further versions in the future.

Ty Jfk wink.gif

Nice Work the update from server is much better.

[Edit]

Ratts all you need is now a join server button on the server list.

Edited by CAPON3

Thanks, I thought of you when we did this, because of your good work on the serverlist.inis for Ubrowser biggrin.gif

Should be less annoying to keep an up-to-date list now.

tommy vercetti guy

Someone help me, how do i add a server to the list?

EDIT: nevermind

Edited by tommy vercetti guy

tommy vercetti guy

I tried to play with the server browser, but it crashes at lockup.

Is the vice city path they ask for the one in my computer/local disk/program files/rockstar games/vice city?

EDIT: sorry bout all the friggen edits, but that is also fixed.

I just have to say this is pretty cool, much better than typing everytime i wanna play.

Edited by tommy vercetti guy

how can i mod server name if allready in list 195.242.212.45:5192

tmm-clan.co.uk - Vanilla ??

Thanks everybody for the positive feedback wink.gif

As Ratt said, contact one of us if you need to get your server removed from the list.

I would just like to add one thing though : if a server keeps being offline for more than one day, we will remove it manually. I think the players would prefer that (correct me if I'm wrong), so that the list is alway nearly full of playable servers.

We actually removed some servers from the list, because they where offline straight from the start.

So , if you have a server which you know that it'll be online for like only 30 minutes in one day, for ini testing purposes or whatever, please understand that we can't keep it in the list.

We will also be doing some changes to the php scripts ; soon, you won't have the server status displayed by default, because it takes too much time to load ; instead, you will have a small link that will make it possible for you to turn it on or off.

I wish too Gunny, but it really doesn't depend on the browser at all, at the moment.

The VC:MP server doesn't communicate these infos in this early version. Don't worry they'll add this in v 0.1b/0.2 depending on their priorities.

Could you add columns for Geographic Location and be able to sort servers by lowest to highest ping?

- about graphic location : I thought of that too, but that would not only require a php script update (can be done easily), but it would also require a change in the serverlist.ini used by the program, and an update of the program itself...I'm not too sure I want to make another release at the moment, but itmight be an idea

- for the ping sorting : we won't do it on the web interface, because we're not using ping to know if the server is online or not ; for the VCMP Browser, it already has this function: just click on the status/ping column header

Edit : I'd also like to say that the script to add servers to the list is now really much more secure. Besides, when you want to add a server to the list, it has to be running at that moment, so we have proof that it's a true server.

Edited by Jfk003

Great idea, but I need a bit of help. I cant get the browser to d/l the official list, it says server cant be reached or Im offline. I added the program to my firewall so I know its not blocked. Is there an ini I can download in the meantime?

Thanks sockx smile.gif

Kelltech, your problem might really be linked to your firewall, even though you say it's not blocking the program. I can't see another solution atm.

Also, could a mod/admin put the thread in sticky please ? It seems our list/program/interface is helpfull for quite a few people

* moaning sometimes helps * /me runs away to avoid the blow biggrin.gif

Thanks, and wipe the thread as soon you have your new release with a browser of course.