[WIP|CON] Liberty city

xrk

Do you guys have a website where your mod is mainly hosted because I wanna see more pics. Also you could have just used the claude skin that was in SA

Do you guys have a website where your mod is mainly hosted because I wanna see more pics. Also you could have just used the claude skin that was in SA.

Website Link Here But There Are No More New Pics On The Website Yet.

And We Are Using The Claude Skin From SA tounge.gif

- AdTec_224

Edited by AdTec_224

Not an error but in the portland train subway there is a bit of red grafitti that reads 'howie-D' (boyzone  lol.gif ).

There is a purple shop named 'roadway foods' near the train subway, was this always there?

lol yeah they've always been there... the roadway foods store is pretty bright in GTAIII but it's brighter and stands out but it stands out more in SA because of the bright atmosphere.

hm.. 'howie-D'... lol I guess I never pay’d attention to the little details in GTAIII but cool find.

I can't wait until the LODs are done b'cos it's going to look great! Also I noticed a lot of 'grass' on objects.. For example the ship at the docks has a bit on it and the sign near the crusher has loads of grass all over it... and the mansion on the hill has a major grass problem, maybe they should hire a gardener. I might just be me but it looks odd. Do certain objects have flags e.g. one is grass thus it has patches of grass on it or ones dirt so when you drive over it a little dirt gets kicked up?

I know I shouldn't ask this but how do you convert objects to SA from other games?

Ah yes great job with the pickups they turned out great! I'm looking forward to the next update.

Not an error but in the portland train subway there is a bit of red grafitti that reads 'howie-D' (boyzone  lol.gif ).

There is a purple shop named 'roadway foods' near the train subway, was this always there?

lol yeah they've always been there... the roadway foods store is pretty bright in GTAIII but it's brighter and stands out but it stands out more in SA because of the bright atmosphere.

hm.. 'howie-D'... lol I guess I never pay’d attention to the little details in GTAIII but cool find.

I can't wait until the LODs are done b'cos it's going to look great! Also I noticed a lot of 'grass' on objects.. For example the ship at the docks has a bit on it and the sign near the crusher has loads of grass all over it... and the mansion on the hill has a major grass problem, maybe they should hire a gardener. I might just be me but it looks odd. Do certain objects have flags e.g. one is grass thus it has patches of grass on it or ones dirt so when you drive over it a little dirt gets kicked up?

I know I shouldn't ask this but how do you convert objects to SA from other games?

Ah yes great job with the pickups they turned out great! I'm looking forward to the next update.

lol that is funny a gardener. Well I think it is the col file since we are using the GTA3 col and when it gets converted to SA format it might erase the grass parts.

Converting has to do with 3ds max and kams script and you just import the model dff and then highlight SA and export the dff and then insert it into the img file and set the ide and ipl for the dff and for the txd you just open it in txd workshop and at the bottom right you will see GTA3, GTAVC, GTASA. Just choose GTASA.

I was looking through the .img file and i have looked at the low res roads, so i updated my own roads for personal use.

As its your mod i will not disturb what you are doing, but i thought i'd post the roads that i edited from the SA version.

Here is what my new roads look like:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v282/DuP...oadtextures.jpg

And here is the road textures if you want to add them yourself, for personal use,:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

This is in no way a part of the official mod by the way, its just a personal modification.

Have you guys ever thought of converting the vice city map? You guys should be running the LVS project! those guys who run it suck! they have done what? prawn island oooo wow! what poo poo, you guys do a whole city! So please for the love of god convert vice aswell well and do your own LVS!

shut up we could easily do all thsi in 2 days but we are keeping san andreas so its taking longer cuz we have to do all co-ords for models and get them exactly right and stuff

Have you guys ever thought of converting the vice city map? You guys should be running the LVS project! those guys who run it suck! they have done what? prawn island oooo wow! what poo poo, you guys do a whole city! So please for the love of god convert vice aswell well and do your own LVS!

Sorry sir, but I'm going to have to ask you to leave the internet please.

You're just to f*cking stupid.

Edited by The_Grudge

thief

Your all a bunch of f*cking knob jockeys, it just an idea for a fictional game, christ get a life you gimpy boring internet b*stards

I don't like these forums anymore. All you guys ever do is bitch, bitch, bitch. Have you guys ever tried to turn off your computers? Try it.

Suction Testicle Man

I'd recommend not judging the entire forum by the members in this topic, fellas. wink.gif The real geeky bastards here are pretty nice guys, just have too much spare time. Those with the aggression issues are usually 12 year olds with a passion for GTA, but little brain (check the spelling) and social skills.

Back on topic, take any problems you have with anyone to PM, but to be honest it isn't worth it. So get back onto the subject before the topic gets locked for abuse.

If at first you don't succeed, you fail, and the test will be terminated.

When will you be updating next?

Sorry, i just really want this mod to progress, because its amazing.

Good luck with it btw.

First off, GREAT JOB on the mod! I love having the San Andreas cars in Liberty city!

Also, I noticed that when you stand on top of a certain fence, the lighting on the player model is not dark anymore, it is normal. Here is a screenshot:

user posted image

Does this give any clues to what is wrong with the lighting normally? I really have no idea, but I thought I'd post it to see if anyone else noticed it. It would be cool to have it fixed.

Is there any way to play as CJ? I have a lot of cool SA skins I'd like to use in Liberty biggrin.gif

What do you expect the next major update to include? The only thing that I would really love to see are LODs for the other islands, I mean, what good is increased draw distance without anything to show smile.gif

First off, GREAT JOB on the mod! I love having the San Andreas cars in Liberty city!

Also, I noticed that when you stand on top of a certain fence, the lighting on the player model is not dark anymore, it is normal. Here is a screenshot:

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1245/salc1gn.jpg

Does this give any clues to what is wrong with the lighting normally? I really have no idea, but I thought I'd post it to see if anyone else noticed it. It would be cool to have it fixed.

Is there any way to play as CJ? I have a lot of cool SA skins I'd like to use in Liberty

What do you expect the next major update to include? The only thing that I would really love to see are LODs for the other islands, I mean, what good is increased draw distance without anything to show

The Reson Why Claude Is Dark Is Because We Are Using Vice City Collision Files So When You Stand On A Collision File From SA Claude Will Become Light And Normal Again It Has Something To Do With Lighting Being In The Collision Files In SA And Not In The Models Like VC.

The Goal Is To Provide A Playing Experience As Close To The Original As Possible Just Like The Other LC Team So That Means That You Will End Up Playing As Claude But Someone Maybe Even Me Might Make Unofficial Mods So That You Can Play As CJ And Have Extra Cars\Bikes In LC.

The Next Update I Will Release Will Have Some Missions In smile.gif But Sadly No Save Point Because It Crashs When Loading The Save Up Again (Something To Do With Claude Being The Player Skin And Not CJ) And I Don't Know When I Will Release That.

Quadropheniac90

@georgehenry: Since when are you a mod?

@xrk and Adtec_224: Nice job, nice job to anybody who has cooperated on this. I personally hate LC being in such large chunks... And don't the models load slowly?

user posted image

[color=D5B364

What do you expect the next major update to include? The only thing that I would really love to see are LODs for the other islands, I mean, what good is increased draw distance without anything to show smile.gif

[/color]

The lods will be in the next map update wink.gif

@ teun.steenbekkers; The models load fine for me?

The Reson Why Claude Is Dark Is Because We Are Using Vice City Collision Files So When You Stand On A Collision File From SA Claude Will Become Light And Normal Again It Has Something To Do With Lighting Being In The Collision Files In SA And Not In The Models Like VC.

Well, at least you know why the model is dark, that is the first step toward fixing it, sorry I can't be of any help on this, I just don't know anything about mapping

smile.gif

The Goal Is To Provide A Playing Experience As Close To The Original As Possible Just Like The Other LC Team So That Means That You Will End Up Playing As Claude But Someone Maybe Even Me Might Make Unofficial Mods So That You Can Play As CJ And Have Extra Cars\Bikes In LC.

That would be cool, until then I might convert some of my old GTA3 skins for the new Claude model.

The Next Update I Will Release Will Have Some Missions In  But Sadly No Save Point Because It Crashs When Loading The Save Up Again (Something To Do With Claude Being The Player Skin And Not CJ) And I Don't Know When I Will Release That.

Awesome, any chance on some original missions? Maybe if you make a play as CJ mod, you could also make new missions for him

The lods will be in the next map update wink.gif

Sweet, that will improve the experience immensly.

Also, is it normal that my game crashes whenever I enter Shoreside Vale?

I Now Have Some Missions Ingame:

And All 4 4x4 Mission

The Crook - No Audio

The Thieves - Crashs On The Way To The Pay & Spray (No Idea Why), No Audio

The Wife - No Audio

Her Lover - Crashs When Carlos Walks To Marty, No Audio

PATRIOT PLAYGROUND - Bug No Checkpoints Appear

A RIDE IN THE PARK - Bug No Checkpoints Appear

GRIPPED! - Bug No Checkpoints Appear + Icons Not In The Right Possitions

MULTISTOREY MAYHEM - Bug No Checkpoints Appear

Bling-Bling Scramble - No Markers Appear, Cars Don't Drive Around Properly, No Audio

Plus I Have Both The Police Help Mission (Info Pickup At Police HQ) And The Hospital Help Mission (Info Pickup At Hospital) I Will Release The Mission Pack When I Get The Bugs\Crashs Fixed.

More Updates Soon...

- AdTec_224

Also, is it normal that my game crashes whenever I enter Shoreside Vale?

yes, thats my fault blush.gif it'll be fixed also

I got the monorail in biggrin.gif

user posted image

staunton

user posted image

Edited by xrk

"The Goal Is To Provide A Playing Experience As Close To The Original As Possible Just Like The Other LC Team So That Means That You Will End Up Playing As Claude But Someone Maybe Even Me Might Make Unofficial Mods So That You Can Play As CJ And Have Extra Cars\Bikes In LC."

now why would you wanna do that? why try n copy gta lc mod team's similar reasons to make liberty city as original as possible? forget all this unofficial/official mod sh*t. just make the liberty mod even more original than that. does it matta whether a mod is official or not? just add whateva to your mod n think about the rest afta youre done with making liberty all by uself.

make new fresh missions, add the zip/suburban /binco etc in liberty, put the transfenda/wheel arch angels shops also back in liberty, make all the interiors inside all liberty's buildings, make new races, how about adding all of portland alongside the street where marco's bistro is located at so you can replace all the unwalkable unsolid one's that you cant even make cj/fido stay firm on the ground and make them all solid using all of portland itself.

Yeah, I always thought the LC mod for Vice made a mistake not including all of the Vice City cars in the mod, however, I think that the GTA:LVS team is going to leave all of the San Andreas cars in their mod, so maybe having an exact replica of GTA3 won't be so bad smile.gif

Yeah, I always thought the LC mod for Vice made a mistake not including all of the Vice City cars in the mod, however, I think that the GTA:LVS team is going to leave all of the San Andreas cars in their mod, so maybe having an exact replica of GTA3 won't be so bad smile.gif

smile.gif

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

- M57