[WIP|CON] Liberty city

xrk

Futago-za Ryuu

can we install this without removing the orignal sa map & without replacing the orignal scm?

btw, u wanna host this on a proper site compiled together, like gtagarage 4 example, it would be easiar. ( just a suggestion)

Edited by Vitron

can we install this without removing the orignal sa map & without replacing the orignal scm?

btw, u wanna host this on a proper site compiled together, like gtagarage 4 example, it would be easiar. ( just a suggestion)

You Can't Install This Mod Without Removing The SA Map & The Original Main.scm.

There Is A Compiled Version On My Website But It Does NOT Include The Radar Textures. There Is A Mirror File For The Radar Textures HERE

Edited by AdTec_224

Well this mod just replaces San Andreas with Liberty City so in order to install this you would need to use map cleaner and then put in the LC files.

Stuff that i like San Andreas and LC but i dont think im going to get ride of SA or a Part of LC. think i might wait to LVS is Released next yer or when this map get moved into the sea.

Sorry Dude

Well I understand totally at first when I first met xrk I thought this project was SA and LC but I mean just an LC on SA engine is cool too since it does not slow down my computer like SA does.

Technically it is moved into the sea just around the LS, countryside are but still water but that is cool dude.

wouldnt it be possible to just have the liberty city mod to have its own exe meaning for example the gta lc mod that was made using the vice city engine has its own lil exe where you can have many copies of vice city exe's all over your desktop that represents your mods that you can play your tc's n other mods?

like as in if you wanted to play a certain mod you can quit your normal sa game n just double click your other copy of sa exe to play its own seperate mod similar to the way the gta lc mod does with its vice city icons on the monitor where you can select which seperate mod you wanna play.

or sumthing like that? am i right in my explanation, im just taking a guess in how you get many copies of sa exe's and play its mods on it.

i only mention this whole multiple copies thing cos sum ppl wouldnt wanna erase all of san andreas just to play liberty city in place of it.

anyway wouldnt it be betta to just add the whole of portland in place near the marco's bistro on the san andreas just so you can be able to walk all over solid areas without falling thru the ground or sumthing?

i hear a lotta ppl complain about how you cant go too far from marco's cos everywhere else isnt able enuff to walk on solidly.

just focus on replacing the solidless part of that town with the real solid version of portland n then explore around within portland on the san andreas engine with your feet firm to the ground n not up in the air fallling down nowhere. can that be done like that?

god i hope so.

Alright here is a snow mod I have made so far for the last updated GTA:LC on SA engine. Here are some pics

http://img358.imageshack.us/img358/4896/sp...151532580hp.jpg

http://img358.imageshack.us/img358/8448/sp...151533256zr.jpg

http://img358.imageshack.us/img358/111/sp3...151534169fy.jpg

http://img354.imageshack.us/img354/42/sp32...151536107mt.jpg

I have snow covered everywhere in LC that has been updated so far just only the pier area that you can see Staunton Island from and most of the SA txd trees.

I was also just wondering if someone would be kind to do a Marco's Bistro SA interior for this project the snow around it would make a nice touch to the snow I have already.

Very, very, very cool dude!

One question: in a further version will you make it add liberty city to sa without removing it?

will there be a installer any time soon i dont know if i alreadyasked this not i dont wanna do all that work im to lazy

@xrk: Excellent work my friend, and you get the gold metal for patience, cause I'd be in a nursery ripping the heads off babies screaming that the mod replaces SA, LODs are in the work, etc etc, NEW PEOPLE, go back and read for the mental well being of the modder, he's answered the questions plenty of times.

But here is the idea I'd like to suggest, I know you've said you're not good with mission scripting yet, but someone else might take this idea up. San An already has several "dimensions" which got dubbed heaven and hell, which is where the interiors are located. I wounder would it be possible to either create another dimension or use one of the heaven/hell dimensions to place Liberty and maybe in the future Vice into one of these Dimensions, I'd assume LC & VC would fit on a blank SA Map.

The idea is you'd have Liberty, Vice and San An all in one game, even if its not just one giant map. As said put LC/VC into one dimension and leave SA, then someone could probably code at the airport a doorway marker that would "fly" you to LC/VC, the player would be transfered into the new dimension on an airplane and land at one of the airports.

Sadly I'm not a mission scripter, so I'm not sure how much of this would be possible. But always good to throw out ideas. I haven't downloaded this yet (d@mn modem) but having LC in the SA engine would make it sweet.

As for the talk about the EXE, good idea but I think the differences between all three games would disallow that from being possible without heavy coding. You can always have multiple copies of the game, install game, rename the folder, then uninstall the game (which in turn will NOT delete the files cause you renamed the folder), then install a fresh copy. Downside though is that yeah, it eats at your HD space.

Edited by DeathSquad

Drunk_monk:No probably no installer because that is alot more harder to have then you think.

Frosthunter-K:could be possible to add but not for awhile until they solve the boundry problem which is when you put pieces of land and stuff outside the boundry it will appear at one angle and disappear at the next so probably not for a while.

Drunk_monk:No probably no installer because that is alot more harder to have then you think.

If You Download The Mod From My Website It IS In A Installer tounge.gif

But here is the idea I'd like to suggest, I know you've said you're not good with mission scripting yet, but someone else might take this idea up. San An already has several "dimensions" which got dubbed heaven and hell, which is where the interiors are located. I wounder would it be possible to either create another dimension or use one of the heaven/hell dimensions to place Liberty and maybe in the future Vice into one of these Dimensions, I'd assume LC & VC would fit on a blank SA Map.

I Am Working On A Mission Script For This Mod And I Think If You Added Another Interior eg. Interior 0 (LC) And Interior 1 (VC) Then It Should Be Possible To Teleport The Player Between The Two.

-AdTec_224

mate if it eats up your hard drive space then its still worth it tho, just upgrade your gigabyte hard drive to sumthing like 500gbyte so you can have more room n memory and also be able to keep san andreas and liberty city together.

oh n also, try n do sumthing about the brightness of them textures all over liberty city, it still looks too much los santos with the texture brightness.

n get fido into your game, i wanna be that silent assasin again he rocked hard.

I Am Working On A Mission Script For This Mod And I Think If You Added Another Interior eg. Interior 0 (LC) And Interior 1 (VC) Then It Should Be Possible To Teleport The Player Between The Two.

-AdTec_224

The teleportation should be quite easy I have to say including vehicle teleportation. You can put VC further away to, so you can't see it from out LC. Then just add a single marker and poof done.

- Slurp Slurp, Hmmm... Sprunk!

I just uploaded the updated files with staunton (see first post)

@ DeathSquad - thanks biggrin.gif and intresting idea wink.gif adtec_224 and fireman seem to think its possible, but whole cities ?!? could it do that? it would be good though.

@ Frosthunter-K - maybe if deathsquads idea will work

@ rootmanback - the brightness, I think is the col files and i have no way of converting those yet

if you look at the two pics below where i have claude standing on an sa generic and in mid air (away from the lc models) he has normal colour

user posted image

user posted image

Not sure about that we will have to think about that we don't know if there will be side effects to the Claude Model since it was mentioned but of course AdTec_224 is the only person who got Claude Speed as a player for this mod so he just might be able to pull off save points without screwing up the Claude Speed model.

Yeah but of course we do have to think about what the save points might do to the Claude Speed model said there have been some reports on that for starting a loading game with a switched character but if AdTec_224 can get the Claude Speed model to start out just like how he starts out in a new game then there shall be no problem at all.

@blackadder18 - the save in portland crashs the game sad.gif the only way to save the game is if you use CJ and not claude.

The game crashes when i press Y on the keyboard.

I get the same problem. xrk did you change any of the code in the main.scm i sent you ? also what happend to the scripts.img ?

And On 1 Last Note I Have Setup A Forum (Link Below) so you can post crashs, bugs and also check the progress of the mod.

Websites:

My Website

Liberty City Website

Liberty City Forum

- AdTec_224

No I never changed any of the mission script and the reason theres no script img is when I added it to the dat the game just crashed on the loading bar?!?

I dont understand why its crashing when you press y?!? I do the vrockpokey cheat to get a car to drive round to check things and its been fine!

Ok I Have Now Fixed The Crashing When Pressing "Y"

Also Fixed A Major Problem With The Radar Replacer Script So You Can Now See The LC Radar Insted Of Just Water.

You Can Find The Updates At Our Website

-AdTec_224

XRK this is a great mod, i think it's great how you can jump over all the walls fine and the peds interact with the benches and stuff, i thought that woulda been difficult, also are you going to put the seabed in soon? its good work so far, cept for minor things like buildings, the cars goin crazy and stuff, keep it up.