Gang Warfare Mod

DaEllum67

When i tried to install it this happens:

1. when i did the darkpactar.scm replacing with the original main.scm and started my loaded game it did not bring up a save menu so i did it manually.

2. when i replaced all the files i loaded the saved game and nothing changed.

I don't know how I missed this thread until just now. I know a lot of people have asked for it, so kudos for that. And for making the extra effort by adding a save to go with it smile.gif

AFAIK there is no limit to the amount of missions
There is, but I don't know the limit. I think it was around 170 or around that CyQ knows for sure though.

Question: Originally you said that there were changes throughout the SCM. Then later you (appear to have) added a Darkpactor for it. How can both be true? I'm only asking because I'm still new to SA and can learn from the work of others that utilize the new engine features.

I don't know how I missed this thread until just now. I know a lot of people have asked for it, so kudos for that. And for making the extra effort by adding a save to go with it smile.gif

AFAIK there is no limit to the amount of missions
There is, but I don't know the limit. I think it was around 170 or around that CyQ knows for sure though.

Question: Originally you said that there were changes throughout the SCM. Then later you (appear to have) added a Darkpactor for it. How can both be true? I'm only asking because I'm still new to SA and can learn from the work of others that utilize the new engine features.

There were, but in a newer version I lumped them all together into an extra initial mission. Adding this newer, optimised code into Darkpact's mission 0 is what makes it work. But this Darkpact version is untested, because I'm stranded on a computer that can only run GTA3 until the one I ordered comes in the post.

@NTK:

As I said, the darkpact version is untested, and I probably won't be able to test and fix it until the end of the month. But it also will have no effects if you didn't have gang wars enabled before you used it. Are you sure this isn't your problem?

Edited by DaEllum67

i just deleted the V2 and downloaded the first one that was the only one working after the other crashing.

wow.gifwow.gifwow.gifwow.gifwow.gifwow.gifwow.gifwow.gif

My jaw has just dropped to my lap.

Daell...how did you do it? I been looking for anything gang turf releated for the past month or so. Wtf?

This may very well help my research on how you can attack Aztecs/Rifa/Triads/Mafia to start a gang war, instead of waiting for Ballas or Vagos. Because remember, nothing is impossable.

This will really help. Great job dude!

EDIT:

Got a problem. Everytime I start the exe, and go into the save game menu, it doesn't show game saves. Not even my old one. Do I have to get that crappy 1.1 patch for this? I tried reinstalling the game. Even if I use the org. main and script files, I see don't see my save games. Huh?

Edited by Xanarki

I FOUND A BUG WHEN I LOAD YOUR SAVE GAME DO NOT WORK IT START A NEW GAME mad.gif
?? Please be more specific with what happens, otherwise nobody will be able to help you.

Got a problem. Everytime I start the exe, and go into the save game menu, it doesn't show game saves. Not even my old one. Do I have to get that crappy 1.1 patch for this? I tried reinstalling the game. Even if I use the org. main and script files, I see don't see my save games. Huh?
Did you accidentally delete the saved games already in the "User Files" folder? That is the only thing I can think of, replacing a MAIN.scm shouldn't cause saves to dissappear completely.

Nope, didn't delete them. I didn't worry, as I put yours in the folder. But the game still doesn't show that either. It only shows the new save I did after the first mission, not yours.

My saves ARE in the folder, the game menu simply won't show them.

Well...is there anyway in which I can at least see his game save? I put it in the GTASA User Files folder. Still won't show.

Are you putting the gamesave into the correct user's 'My Documents' folder? And then are you trying to run San Andreas from a different user than you saved under? That could cause the problems you are having.

And I'm stuck without a computer that can run SA for awhile, if anyone could take a screenshot of the pause map filled with turfs, that'd be great.

If I can get if working, I may update this so all homies have the good accuracy and longetivity, not just the spawned ones. Would this be too cheap, or should I just leave the homies like they are?

Edited by DaEllum67

I got it workin'. Seems my gave saves are now in my 'data' folder. o.O

user posted image

user posted image

I really wanna help you someway with the MOD dude. I been researching it as well, maybe sorting the turfs so all of them aren't scattered? And maybe being able to attack non-Balla/Vago gangs to start gang wars? And also not to have gang turfs in the country/dessert (their suppose to be neutral).

Lol, I added in the multi-gang turfs intentionally. If you want it taken out, I can release a new version later, once I get all of the mission editing tools found and d/led. (read: find out what the URL for craig's link is) I could also make the badlands and the desert not influenced by any gang, but the mod title says: ALL territories. Maybe I could release a standard version and a realistic version? If you want to try to crack the problem with the other gangs, go ahead, but after testing I have a feeling it is hard coded.

Also, thanks for posting those screenies.

BTW: I just got the tower for my new PC via UPS today, so I'm officially back into SAPC.

I got it workin'. Seems my gave saves are now in my 'data' folder. o.O

I apologize for not saying something sooner. I've seen GTA do that before. I have no idea why, but DaE's idea above is most likely the culprit. The pics are nice too smile.gif

Craig Kostelecky
once I get all of the mission editing tools found and d/led. (read: find out what the URL for craig's link is)

Here. Now with spaceeinstein's semi-updated sascm.ini file.

Thanks for the link. And I really don't know why saves would be in the data folder, but I think it has something to do with windows XP's crappy user accounts.

Ahh I see.

My main goal when starting modding was to take over gang turfs by getting a war with a non-Vagos/Ballas gang (and giving each gang their own color on the map).

hay i tried this mod its works

Its awsome as

biggrin.gif

Edited by zbuffer

^^~hey~thz ur mod~it's really great~

i was find it in a china web side~and i saw the ReadMe files so that luckily i could find here and knew we could spawn 5 GSF members when press "Look Behind" and "Yes" at the same time(the china web side hvn't said dat~)~

It's work although i need to start a new game~^^ i was excited to see almost every district in the map has a gang influence.~but some of it's are very small .It's difficult to start a war>.<~or i should bring the enemy guys from other district....^^"

i hv a stupid idea ~will it hv a function eg.press "Look Behind" and "No" at the same time ~we will hv 5 enemy members to help us start the war?~^o^~Did any ppl agree this idea?~thz for ur time~XP

^^~hey~thz ur mod~it's really great~

i was find it in a china web side~and i saw the ReadMe files so that luckily i could find here and knew we could spawn 5 GSF members when press "Look Behind" and "Yes" at the same time(the china web side hvn't said dat~)~

It's work although i need to start a new game~^^ i was excited to see almost every district in the map has a gang influence.~but some of it's are very small .It's difficult to start a war>.<~or i should bring the enemy guys from other district....^^"

i hv a stupid idea ~will it hv a function eg.press "Look Behind" and "No" at the same time ~we will hv 5 enemy members to help us start the war?~^o^~Did any ppl agree this idea?~thz for ur time~XP

If you even so much as think to attempt to rip my mod, or post it without permission, I will tear your balls off.

omg I feel sorry for the guy whoever uploaded it at chinese website =\

Hey nice mod tho

What chinese website uploaded this mod? I need to know who's balls to tear off.

I'm just about done with version 1.1 and I could probably include something that spawns enemy gangs.

EDIT: Okay, version 1.1 is up. I've added what you suggested to spawn an enemy gang around you.

If anyone else has some features that they'd like added, please post. But you must keep your requests within the theme of gang warfare, you can't post something like:

OMG PLZ MAKE UR MOD HAVE 1000 HUNTRS ANHYDRAAS SPAWNN AROUND CJ!!!!!!1111oneone!!!!111 IF U DO IT IWILL GIVE U AMILLION KOOKEYS!  cookie.gif  cookie.gif  cookie.gif  cookie.gif

and expect it to get added into the mod.

Edited by DaEllum67

What chinese website uploaded this mod? I need to know who's balls to tear off.

I'm just about done with version 1.1 and I could probably include something that spawns enemy gangs.

EDIT: Okay, version 1.1 is up. I've added what you suggested to spawn an enemy gang around you.

If anyone else has some features that they'd like added, please post. But you must keep your requests within the theme of gang warfare, you can't post something like:

OMG PLZ MAKE UR MOD HAVE 1000 HUNTRS ANHYDRAAS SPAWNN AROUND CJ!!!!!!1111oneone!!!!111 IF U DO IT IWILL GIVE U AMILLION KOOKEYS!  cookie.gif  cookie.gif  cookie.gif  cookie.gif

and expect it to get added into the mod.

But it would be worth it if he actually does gives you 1 million cookies (...)

ok ok~should i post dat chinese web site here?~or send it to ur e-mail?~i will find back where da web site in~^^

Furthermore, thz for ur updated ver.^^it's great contribution to us as well the game hv been more amusement~^o^ thz thz thz~

Just tried 1.1...after I reseted the turfs, I went into a mixed turf. It seems there will only be gang members in cars at these areas.

Just tried 1.1...after I reseted the turfs, I went into a mixed turf. It seems there will only be gang members in cars at these areas.

This is exactly the same as it was in 1.0: but the mixed turfs worked well enough and people wanted more gangs to go to war with so I felt that this would be a good addition, considering they wanted more colours on the map.

ok ok~should i post dat chinese web site here?~or send it to ur e-mail?~i will find back where da web site in~^^

Furthermore, thz for ur updated ver.^^it's great contribution to us as well the game hv been more amusement~^o^ thz thz thz~

Sure, post it here for all to see. I really don't think we should keep which sites steal mods secret from the community.

The territory the Families have at the beginning of the game should not be under Ballas or Vagos control at all!

I don't like the way you toggle/untoggle grove street gang members like that either. Can you return it the way it used to be? Also, the homies tend to get in my way of shooting since they tend to crowd around CJ. mad.gif

Also, hoding down H to dismiss them doesn't work, they still follow me

Have you considered increasing the distance the vagos/ballas are from the player? What about random weapons for them as well?

There should be TWO spots by the alleyway next to CJ's house, one for the turf reset, and one for toggling the territory warfare, since that one just resets territory and doesn't seem to wanna turn off when I don't wanna do gang wars. confused.gif

Are you gonna include spawned homies (FAM1 through FAM3) instead of the guy with the green sweater and rag (FAM1) as well as random weapons?

I'll stick to 1.0 for now, let me know when 1.2 is out wink.gif

Edited by Chrisdragon

I went to work on a new savegame just when you had finished 1.0 and finally completed all the oddjobs and missions upto the "Home coming" mission where you start gangwars again.

user posted image

I'm ready for some heavy duty gang warfare now! biggrin.gif

Btw, is 1.1 backwards compatible with a 1.0 savegame? I guess not, but one has to ask... wow.gif

The territory the Families have at the beginning of the game should not be under Ballas or Vagos control at all!

I don't like the way you toggle/untoggle grove street gang members like that either. Can you return it the way it used to be? Also, the homies tend to get in my way of shooting since they tend to crowd around CJ.

Also, hoding down H to dismiss them doesn't work, they still follow me

Have you considered increasing the distance the vagos/ballas are from the player? What about random weapons for them as well?

There should be TWO spots by the alleyway next to CJ's house, one for the turf reset, and one for toggling the territory warfare, since that one just resets territory and doesn't seem to wanna turn off when I don't wanna do gang wars.

Are you gonna include spawned homies (FAM1 through FAM3) instead of the guy with the green sweater and rag (FAM1) as well as random weapons?

I'll stick to 1.0 for now, let me know when 1.2 is out

The homies are exactly the same as they were in 1.0. They just follow you around now when idle instead of just standing there like retards. Random Weapons are possible, I can do that if you want. The Families' turfs are always owned by the Famalies unless you use the reset sphere, which is totally random, no exceptions like with the initial turf asigner (which gives Grove St. to GSF). I made the turf reset mainly to allow someone to reassign the turfs after taking them all, or someone wanting a challenge, so none are given to GSF if you use the sphere. I'm planning to replace the sphere with a menu with some options like you want (Turn on or off, reset, or delete all gangs).

I went to work on a new savegame just when you had finished 1.0 and finally completed all the oddjobs and missions upto the "Home coming" mission where you start gangwars again.

user posted image

I'm ready for some heavy duty gang warfare now!

Btw, is 1.1 backwards compatible with a 1.0 savegame? I guess not, but one has to ask...

No, I'd say stick to 1.0 until you actually do reach 100% or whatever you're aiming for. 1.1 could be compatible with Demarest's DarkPact, but it would be very complicated for the end user when one wanted to reset the enemy gang territories. (It would involve doing the DarkPact process again, whenever one wanted to use the reset sphere)

Well, I'd simply suggest "organzing" the turfs next time, ya know? It doesn't feel right to see Ballas driving around in a peaceful countryside. It'd be cool if there were no Ballas or Vagos in Aztecs/Triads/Mafia etc. turfs, and instead, attack and have war against those gangs.

But like what you said eariler, it'd be hard as hell, and MAY be...ahh, crap, forgot the word...hard coded?