4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
devilfish

Trying to make store robbing possible

Viscera

Randon_load : Seeing as some people are having some trouble getting this to work, I have a compiled version using Demarest's darkpact method so you can use this mod with your savegames.

So if i am to understand this correctly, you have the completed mod for download, if so does that mean all stores, bars and hot dog stands can be robbed now or just a few stores is all that can be robbed? just wanted to know before i snagg this freakin awesome mod but i will wait on it till it is 100% done. just let me know please??? and thank you....

StormyWeathers
Randon_load : Seeing as some people are having some trouble getting this to work, I have a compiled version using Demarest's darkpact method so you can use this mod with your savegames.

So if i am to understand this correctly, you have the completed mod for download, if so does that mean all stores, bars and hot dog stands can be robbed now or just a few stores is all that can be robbed? just wanted to know before i snagg this freakin awesome mod but i will wait on it till it is 100% done. just let me know please??? and thank you....

The mod isn't finished yet. Only tattoo, barber, fastfood and clothes are to be robbed! No 24-7's and no bars and no otb's.

It's difficult to find the right variable.

greetz

Viscera

The mod isn't finished yet. Only tattoo, barber, fastfood and clothes are to be robbed! No 24-7's and no bars and no otb's.

Ok thanks for the fast heads up, i'll just wait till the finished product is done

b4 i down load it. Just wanted to say their is so many talented people on this forum, i just like to say thank you one and all for taking time and putting in so much hard work on making these mods that i am enjoying so much and for making one of the best games that much better. Thanks again......

mageezer

Has anyone found out how to limit the amount of money attainable yet? I wanted to make it so you couldn't get more than $260 of any one shopkeeper.

StormyWeathers

What does this line mean?

0029: @32 >= 5000 ;; integer values

Greetz

Demarest
What does this line mean?

Greetz

That's a conditional. To present it without the if and jf around it is not only misleading, but may also be the reason you're unable to determine its meaning despite being basic math, like so:

if0029:   @32 >=  5000;; integer valuesjf LABEL

It just checks IF @32 is greater than or equal to 5000.

StormyWeathers
Tried it with 25 with 6 lines incl. $1257

Tried it with 26 with 7 lines incl. $1256, 1257. This one crashed the game.

So far... nothing!

EDIT: Does it matter when the main.scm tells you it is @0 $1257? I tried to compile it but it says there are 2 much parameters.

Anyone? Demarest? Random?? You can tell if the @0 does make sense in this whole story?

greetz

Demarest

You said tried "it". Tried what? Sorry, I haven't been following the thread.

Also, WHAT opcode is telling you too many parameters? Can you post the line in question?

StormyWeathers
You said tried "it". Tried what? Sorry, I haven't been following the thread.

Also, WHAT opcode is telling you too many parameters? Can you post the line in question?

Oh well... it's about finding the right var for the shopkeeper and barstaff and off corso... otb-staff. i found something with @0 $1257. I tried to put in the line with only $1257 like this...

0457: player $PLAYER_CHAR aiming_at_actor $1257

didn't work...

and this...

0457: player $PLAYER_CHAR aiming_at_actor @0 $1257...

This one had 2much para! Assume it's the one between 0 and dollar.

Probably i'm thinking to simple but then again, i'm a lover not a fighter! (it's a prag).

Demarest
0457: player $PLAYER_CHAR aiming_at_actor @0 $1257...

This one had 2much para!

Of course. In original code, we see

0457:   player $PLAYER_CHAR aiming_at_actor @101

2 parameters, not 3.

mageezer
Has anyone found out how to limit the amount of money attainable yet? I wanted to make it so you couldn't get more than $260 of any one shopkeeper.

c'mon, your telling me no-one knows how to limit the money you can get to $260? Im sure somebody does...

Demarest
What are we talking about exactly? Some things relating to money are hardcoded. The rest is controlled by the code. Even VC had robberies generating cash pickups with specific values.

StormyWeathers
0457:  player $PLAYER_CHAR aiming_at_actor @0 $1257...

This one had 2much para!

Of course. In original code, we see

0457:   player $PLAYER_CHAR aiming_at_actor @101

2 parameters, not 3.

Probably i'm sounding very dumb but @101 is a translation of @0 $1257 or are you just using an example? Anyway, i didn't understand your quote either...!

greetings

SW

Demarest

1) You posted a line saying you were getting a too many parameters error.

2) I searched the original code for the first instance of the same opcode.

3) I posted that line to show you what it looks like in original code.

This is the best habit you can get into. Then you'll never have to wonder how a command is SUPPOSED TO look.

StormyWeathers

This is the best habit you can get into. Then you'll never have to wonder how a command is SUPPOSED TO look.

0457: player $PLAYER_CHAR aiming_at_actor @101

doesn't work sadly...

thanks anyway...

This was the whole story:

:MOB_GF_804

0001: wait 100 ms

0006: @32 = 0 ;; integer values

00D6: if 25

0457: player $2 aiming_at_actor $9981

0457: player $2 aiming_at_actor $9540

0457: player $2 aiming_at_actor $9645

0457: player $2 aiming_at_actor $9731

0457: player $2 aiming_at_actor $10032

0457: player $2 aiming_at_actor @101

004D: jump_if_false ££MOB_GF_804

:MOB_GF_813

0001: wait 1000 ms

00D6: if 25

0457: player $2 aiming_at_actor $9981

0457: player $2 aiming_at_actor $9540

0457: player $2 aiming_at_actor $9645

0457: player $2 aiming_at_actor $9731

0457: player $2 aiming_at_actor $10032

0457: player $2 aiming_at_actor @101

004D: jump_if_false ££MOB_GF_804

0109: player $2 money += 25

00D6: if 0

004D: jump_if_false ££MOB_GF_813

01C0: @1 = player $2 wanted_level

000A: @1 += 1 ;; integer values

00D6: if 0

0029: @1 >= 2 ;; integer values

004D: jump_if_false ££MOB_GF_831

0006: @1 = 2 ;; integer values...

Edited by StormyWeathers

Demarest

doesn't work sadly...

notify.gif You REALLY don't get it, do you? I was offering an example of how to find out how to use lines so you can avoid having the wrong number of parameters. I wasn't handing you a line saying "use this instead".

Demarest scratches head
Of course it doesn't work. Locals that high can only be used on missions.

StormyWeathers

doesn't work sadly...

notify.gif You REALLY don't get it, do you? I was offering an example of how to find out how to use lines so you can avoid having the wrong number of parameters. I wasn't handing you a line saying "use this instead".

Demarest scratches head
Of course it doesn't work. Locals that high can only be used on missions.

No sorry, but i don't see this forum as jeopardy or something... I asked you a simple question if it was an example or not and i didn't had any clue you already gave me the answer... but then again, i'm not speaking or understanding perfect English, my bad.

I'm not a modder but i'm also not a person who only wants to wait for somebody else do the dirty job, so i try doing things myself.

Let's cut the crap before it gets out of hand.

Demarest
Have fun with that attitude colgate.gif

StormyWeathers

Have fun with that attitude colgate.gif

You're not a nice fellow...

Edited by StormyWeathers

mbell

@StormyWeather: Way to make a quick edit there....try to be a little nicer and people might be more willing to help you. Reading other stuff on the forums (such as the tutorials) will go a long way towards helping you understand what's going on with this code, and maybe will let you figure out why Demarest was so frustrated with your questions.

0457:  player $PLAYER_CHAR aiming_at_actor $1257

That is the correct form of the opcode for what you're trying to do. If it doesn't work, it means that whatever $1257 refers to isn't the shopkeeper you think it is. My guess is you got the number from here:

060B: unknown_actor_use_entity @0 $1257

In that opcode, @0 refers to an actor, and $1257 refers to some entity (which will NOT be the shopkeeper). Look through all of the other OTB related scripts and stuff, and you may be able to find the appropriate actor at which to aim your gun.

StormyWeathers
@StormyWeather: Way to make a quick edit there....try to be a little nicer and people might be more willing to help you. Reading other stuff on the forums (such as the tutorials) will go a long way towards helping you understand what's going on with this code, and maybe will let you figure out why Demarest was so frustrated with your questions.

Yeah i understand but sometimes people provide me with more difficult answers than the questions i submitted. It's not my intension to frustrate people, i only use the forum for my probs and questions and all sorts off..., i wasn't rude to the chap until he provoked me on the attitude thing.

I apologize for being annoying and merging into stuff where i don't belong to... I only wanted to make this mod a bit more perfect...

peace

mageezer

What i want to do, is stop the loop that keeps giving CJ money every couple of seconds while aiming at a shopkeeper after he's received about $260. It could easily be done by ending the loop somehow after a set amount of time, but then i want to make it so that you cant get any more money from aiming at the same shopkeeper untill you leave the shop and then re-enter. I'm really having trouble understanding the code, so if someone could just post the code, THEN explain it, that'd be nice.

Quadropheniac90
If the actors are local variables, I don't think you'll be able to make a separate thread which checks if you're aiming at them. Then I'd suggest to put the piece of code in the appropriate shop code. So in the thread for Burger Shot, put you're code somewhere there. Or change all of the local variables of the shopkeepers to $NAME ones. (Forgot the name...) But I think then you'll have to change the memory.

random_download
If the actors are local variables, I don't think you'll be able to make a separate thread which checks if you're aiming at them. Then I'd suggest to put the piece of code in the appropriate shop code. So in the thread for Burger Shot, put you're code somewhere there. Or change all of the local variables of the shopkeepers to $NAME ones. (Forgot the name...) But I think then you'll have to change the memory.

The actors are global vars.

@mageezer:

CODE:loop0001: wait 100 [email protected] = 0;timer - @32 and @33 will increment by 1 for every millisecond passed in-game00D6: if 240457:   player $PLAYER_CHAR aiming_at_actor $99810457:   player $PLAYER_CHAR aiming_at_actor $9540;if any one of the shopkeepers are aimed at then do...0457:   player $PLAYER_CHAR aiming_at_actor $96450457:   player $PLAYER_CHAR aiming_at_actor $97310457:   player $PLAYER_CHAR aiming_at_actor $10032jf ££loop; if not then loop back to the beginning and check again.:loop20001: wait 1000 ms;wait for 1 second00D6: if 240457:   player $PLAYER_CHAR aiming_at_actor $99810457:   player $PLAYER_CHAR aiming_at_actor $95400457:   player $PLAYER_CHAR aiming_at_actor $9645;if they are still being aimed at...0457:   player $PLAYER_CHAR aiming_at_actor $97310457:   player $PLAYER_CHAR aiming_at_actor $10032jf ££loop;if not go back to the beginning0109: player $PLAYER_CHAR money +=  20;add 20 to the players money00D6: if [email protected] >= 5000;if 5 seconds have passed in-gamejf ££loop2;if not keep adding the $20 every second01C0: @1 = player $PLAYER_CHAR wanted_level;store the player's wanted level in @[email protected] += 1;add 1 to it00D6: if [email protected] >= 4;if the new wanted level is larger than 4 then...jf ££loop2cont;if not goto :[email protected] = 4;set it to 4 again so the palyer can never get more than 4 stars by robbing the store:loop2cont010D: set_player $PLAYER_CHAR wanted_level_to  @1;set his wanted level to @1, ie. increase his wanted level by 10002: jump ££loop2

To have a limit to the amount of money the player can get from the store, instead of having 0002: jump ££loop2 at the end, you would have a check to see if he has taken to much and then end the thread. You would then need a way to create the thread every time the player enters a shop, possibly making it an external script could do this?

Viscera

Any progress made with the 24-7, bars and otb's Yet?

StormyWeathers

Any progress made with the 24-7, bars and otb's Yet?

Nope and i don't think we ever get any further than this! confused.gif

Too bad, i didn't found the right global or local var or something similiar so i quit searching for it and nobody else is... notify.gif

You have to do it yourself or have to do it with what we got now!

greetz, SW sleepy.gif

Viscera

Alrighty then, Thanks for letting me know.............

Viscera

Well i've been away for awhile now and i was hoping when i got back someone would of finished this up so we could rob every shop and bar ect... Could someone give it a shot again someone that knows what they r doing?

Y_Less
I think the last post before yours summed it up nicely and as nothing has been posted on it since, and YOU haven't done anything on it, no, no further progress has been made. And TBH, unless YOU go away, learn SCM coding, do this then come back and post about it, none will.