3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Martini Racing

The Motorcycle Topic

GTA-Biker

I'll try to do that if I can,I just hope any of the local dealerships have a Rebel or something similar (I've been at two recently,but one of them only had Harleys and maybe a few big metric cruisers,while another one only had sports bikes and naked bikes),otherwise I'll have to buy from a private seller.

Btw,cool bike.

AndyC-M

ah bikes, my favourite topic, currently own a 2006 zx6r, low mileage but has a few scuffs after the previous owner slid on oil, theres only one colour to have a ninja ;-)

once this is paid off I want a project bike, maybe a hard tail bobber or café racer, but nothng below 600cc, not likely chicken chasers anymore.

Adrenalist

Friend of mine almost died. He really should have, given the circumstances.

He swung by my house a few months ago to wrench on one of his bikes and show off his new tat

wXHRj3.jpg

A few weeks ago he was going 130ish, running from the cops, and a car turned in front of him

0QV06U.jpg

There wasn't much left of his bike

9CAmeg.jpg

The force was so great he moved that car almost a lane of traffic, flew into and over the car, and across four lanes of traffic and into a light pole. If you look at the kitty litter on the ground (point of impact), then look at the light pole across the street.

62ErYk.jpg

This is the light pole

hJ59Dr.jpg

He broke a ton of his bones, got brain damage, etc, etc, etc, etc. Somehow he's alive.

Soooo, after a lot of thinking, I've decided to stop riding for some time. Because they are all depreciating assets, I've also decided to sell everything for now. And because I bought my truck specifically to haul my motorcycles, I've sold that, too. Zx10-rr, r6, r1m, and ford raptor.

It feels weird driving a beater, when all you have is a beater now. I used to think it was great. But now that it's all I have, it doesn't have the same quality when I drive it. It kinda sucks. But I haven't any debt anymore, so that's nice.

Will reup on something that aligns with my dreams, so I may be stuck driving a beater for a year or two. We'll see what happens. Next vehicle will be my most ambitious acquisition. I need something that will come as close to the visceral and emotional experience one can get from riding a motorcycle.

trip

Damn dude...

Adrenalist

Yeah.

Miss it badly. Had to reup on a car already.

Dude is doing better. Talking. Walking with a cane now. He slurs a bit and throws emotional outbursts (not like the old him). But he's alive and with us. Crazy good compared to what he's gone though. :/

Korpi

Hey guys (and gals), here's my 1998 Yamaha Virago XV.

2vv2fpi.jpg

a4rcs8.jpg

oqxbtv.jpg

Always loved bikes; big and small, but have to this day postponed buying one. Whether it been the time, money and whatnot, but finally threw all the excuses away this year. Now's the best time - I'm young, I got time, money, energy and all the other good stuff.

Japanese bikes have always been a fascination of mine and it's cool that I finally own one.

I am not a big guy (quite slim actually for an adult), so a smaller Yamaha is the right choice of a ride for me.

She's hibernating in a warm garage until Spring at the moment. So yeah, am happy with this choice.

trip

Sweet. I predict tons of fun on that bike.

Nice bike.

Korpi

Cheers,trip.

You still have the Harley (it was a HD bike you had if I remember correctly)?

Any new pictures?

trip

Yeah, still on my Harley Wide Glide for now. Getting close to new bike time though. I seem to switch bikes about every 5 years and I've had that WG since 2011 now.

GTA-Biker

2vv2fpi.jpg

a4rcs8.jpg

oqxbtv.jpg

Always loved bikes; big and small, but have to this day postponed buying one. Whether it been the time, money and whatnot, but finally threw all the excuses away this year. Now's the best time - I'm young, I got time, money, energy and all the other good stuff.

Japanese bikes have always been a fascination of mine and it's cool that I finally own one.

I am not a big guy (quite slim actually for an adult), so a smaller Yamaha is the right choice of a ride for me.

She's hibernating in a warm garage until Spring at the moment. So yeah, am happy with this choice.

Cool Virago.

Ride safe and good luck.

Korpi

Thanks, man. Still quite a lot of snow here,

so I'll have to give it a bit over 2 months wait still,

before I can give it the first rides. Well, it'll be worth the wait.

Paisan™

I've recently gotten into bikes, and there are 2 I want at the moment.

Ducati 1098R

660_109820RGc387c3b431.JPG

Ducati 1299 Panigale

2015-ducati-1299-panigale-1.jpg

el carlitos

oqxbtv.jpg

Congratulations to your new bike. Are you going to do some changes on it or keep it like that?

I see a lot of potential just by removing some parts. Here a very nice custom version.

l22f60mujo4.png

Edited by el carlitos

GTA-Biker

Thanks, man. Still quite a lot of snow here,

so I'll have to give it a bit over 2 months wait still,

before I can give it the first rides. Well, it'll be worth the wait.

I know that feel.Just a few days ago we had some snow where I live,and it's probably gonna be too cold for riding for a month or two.I hope the weather gets warm soon,I can't wait to ride my bike again.

trip

I love where I live but hate the seasonal riding. There usually is no riding from October through April. And when you get older cold riding is not worth it. I won't ride below 50f anymore. Haha. As a kid nothing stopped me.

The only upside to season riding is every spring feels new. The smell of the gas and oil burning...its just different. I've been riding on the street since 1986...and every spring it feels like my first ride.

trip

Any new pictures?

I don't take many bike pictures. People know my bike by the crow...and I had to go a couple of years without a crow. This is from this year after I finally got a new crow.

kHdBFe3.jpg

And I just like this one because it shows my custome Steal Your Face clutch cover.

yH1Scq0.jpg

Zyo

Looking good trip. I like your bandana. Did you lose weight?

Korpi

oqxbtv.jpg

Congratulations to your new bike. Are you going to do some changes on it or keep it like that?

I see a lot of potential just by removing some parts. Here a very nice custom version.

l22f60mujo4.png

Thank you.

To me, personally, all it needs is some puff and polish and it's ready to ride.

I dig the original looks the best, instead of making customs out of them.

Edited by 刀

GTA-Biker

oqxbtv.jpg

l22f60mujo4.png

Thank you.

To me, personally, all it needs is some puff and polish and it's ready to ride.

I dig the original looks the best, instead of making customs out of them.

I would recommend putting a pair of leather saddlebags on a bike.They look good on pretty much any cruiser,and they're very practical if you want to take something with you when going for a ride or to commute on a bike (and it seems like your bike already has saddlebag holder installed).

trip

I would recommend putting a pair of leather saddlebags on a bike.They look good on pretty much any cruiser,and they're very practical if you want to take something with you when going for a ride or to commute on a bike (and it seems like your bike already has saddlebag holder installed).

I can't agree more. A necessity if you ask me. I had a 1982 Yamaha XV920(predecessor to the Virago)and it had this cool glove box on that back rack behind the back rest. Loved it. Loved it extra because it locked.

When I was a kid saddle bags were always too expensive for me. I went too many years without.

Thanks to changing times and the internet you can pretty much get nice bags for under/around $100 at leatherup.com

To reiterate - GET SOME SADDLE BAGS. Backpacks on riders of cruiser type bikes looks goofy.

*My XV920 used to eat starter motors. I hope you don't have the same issue.

trip

Today was the day.

It's been one hell of a never ending winter.

Popped the battery in - rode down to the gas station for air. Bonus cute scene because a youngster pulls up on his bmx and I hook him up on my dime.

Boogied around the neighborhood for a few...nothing fell off...nothing blew up.

I've been riding on the streets since like '82(dirt bikes years before). Every year I can't get over the feeling. I can't get over the smell of the gas and oil. Every year. The smell of the gas and oil. It's amazing.

GTA-Biker
Posted (edited)

Today was the day.

It's been one hell of a never ending winter.

Popped the battery in - rode down to the gas station for air. Bonus cute scene because a youngster pulls up on his bmx and I hook him up on my dime.

Boogied around the neighborhood for a few...nothing fell off...nothing blew up.

I've been riding on the streets since like '82(dirt bikes years before). Every year I can't get over the feeling. I can't get over the smell of the gas and oil. Every year. The smell of the gas and oil. It's amazing.

Where I live,the weather has been warm for around two weeks,but unfortunately my bike's insurance has expired,so I have to renew it,and I don't have enough money to pay it right now (same with my car).If I ride my bike without insurance,best case scenario would be getting a ticket cause vehicle insurance is mandatory here,and worst case would be crashing and damaging both my bike and someone's property,and having to pay for repair for both,as well as the ticket for operating an uninsured vehicle.

However,things ain't all bad.Yesterday I went to a car/bike show,and many manufacturers put their vehicles on display,some even allowed people to sit in cars and on bikes to see how they feel.I sat on Triumph Bonneville Bobber, Moto Guzzi Roamer and Kawasaki Vulcan 650.I also wanted to try out 2018 HD Softail Fatboy, BMW K1600B and Ducati Diavel,but I wasn't sure do those manufacturers allow it.

Edited by GTA-Biker

trip

Where I live,the weather has been warm for around two weeks,but unfortunately my bike's insurance has expired,so I have to renew it,and I don't have enough money to pay it right now (same with my car).

That sucks. Bike insurance is super cheap here. I have the highest policy you can have for a Harley and I think I pay like $140 a year. A basic 600cc bike mighte run about $70 a year.

And...

I wish I could have captured the ride(out of necessity) I had to make today.

Some quick background:

-It dropped 40+ degrees from the weekend. It's 43f outside right now. I'm old and don't ride under 50f.

-To say I had a bad day at work would be an understatement. I'm either going to lose my mind or lose my job any day now.

I needed beer and the wife needed tobacco.

What do you know...the starter on my car is dead. Hear the clickity clickity of the relay...nothing.

Tobacco is a block away. Beer is blocks away. Too many blocks to carry a case.

Put on the boots and the leathers and hop on the bike. Should have included gloves.

The dark storm clouds splitting the sky in two was a menacing sight.

I made it. I have beer.

Ex Hellraiser

Good Lord, how long has it been since I've been on these forums? Feels like a past life, just now got a notification email lol

In bike news, in the time since I last was on here I bought a 2003 CBR600F4i, rode it for a year, and sold it about a month ago. After I searched on and off for 2 years for a 2-1 full system exhaust for my 94 Ninja 250 (due to being discontinued) my buddy hops on eBay and finds me one within 24 hours, the bastard lol.

So I've got the exhaust, new air filter and rejetted the carbs, and just today I got my new set of tires in, which I'll have thrown on in a week or so when it actually gets warm enough to ride. I'll update with some pics when I can get to my computer.

GTA-Biker
Posted (edited)

Where I live,the weather has been warm for around two weeks,but unfortunately my bike's insurance has expired,so I have to renew it,and I don't have enough money to pay it right now (same with my car).

That sucks. Bike insurance is super cheap here. I have the highest policy you can have for a Harley and I think I pay like $140 a year. A basic 600cc bike mighte run about $70 a year.

And...

I wish I could have captured the ride(out of necessity) I had to make today.

Some quick background:

-It dropped 40+ degrees from the weekend. It's 43f outside right now. I'm old and don't ride under 50f.

-To say I had a bad day at work would be an understatement. I'm either going to lose my mind or lose my job any day now.

I needed beer and the wife needed tobacco.

What do you know...the starter on my car is dead. Hear the clickity clickity of the relay...nothing.

Tobacco is a block away. Beer is blocks away. Too many blocks to carry a case.

Put on the boots and the leathers and hop on the bike. Should have included gloves.

The dark storm clouds splitting the sky in two was a menacing sight.

I made it. I have beer.

Here in Croatia,the bike insurance (together with plate renewal and mandatory vehicle exam) is around 115 dollars (700 Croatian kunas) for little beginner bikes like my Aprilia,and can reach over 350 dollars for big bikes over 1000 cc.For average hatchback cars like my Mazda it's also around 300-350 bucks.However,I've heard there were some changes made about vehicle registration and insurance this year,so maybe it's cheaper now.

As for temperatures,I usually ride only if it's over 60f (I get sick really easily when it's cold).Here is around 70f right now,perfect for riding a motorcycle,but I can't ride because it's not insured.It's driving me crazy that I can't ride in this weather,I'm even thinking about asking some of my friends who have bikes to borrow me their bike for a day.

Edited by GTA-Biker

Korpi

f*cking finally...

2egcvi0.jpg

Korpi

Riding like the wind.

33on15d.jpg

Inttelix

I am a fan of motorbikes but am very afraid and have suffered some serious accidents before so I sound the horn every time I cross each and every corner.

Last year I was doing about 60 or 70 per hour and there is this signal on a curve. It is green and there is a car stopped so I thought the signal had just turn green so I sound the horn and flash the lights, while he was in the right side, I was in the left. All of a sudden he turns to the left with no turn signal on. I hit him on the side hard and fall. My bike just broke the headlights, and the gas tank got a serious punch on the right now. Me on the ground, the guy flees and I remember I didnt have a bike license, so I try to get up and my back started to hurt very much and I was not breathing much.

Spectators calling the cops I get up even with my back hurt, get on top of the bike and ride it for 15 kilometers to pick my wife in her school. My vision turned yellow and I was about to collapse I asked God for help to not let me go. When I get there, I think for sure I broke some bones. I told her to call my father and he rushed me over to the hospital I had snapped a single rib but it was still in place lucky I didnt do any fast moves or else it could penetrate one of my lungs.

From then on, I have the sight of an eagle, and ride a bike so carefully that you have no idea how prevented I am. Gasoline price is sky high, and over here having a motorbike is a necessity. I have a Honda CBX250 Twister 2003. When I was a kid, everyone wanted to have this motorbike. Today, it is cheap and maintenance is easy since it is carburated. I do it all myself.

sijp7Bb.jpg

JnWwP71.jpg

Big Molio
Posted (edited)

I havent had a bike for around eleven years, but I used to ride bikes. I did a direct access course to get my bike licence in 2001, which is a four day intensive course, taking you on day one riding round in circles learning the controls, then out on the road for two days with an instructor, then a theory and practical test on the fourth.

The week after I bought my mates Honda Fireblade off him (against his and my wifes better judgment) which I managed to ride for eighteen months until I crashed it into a car that pulled out on me.

I then had a Suzuki Bandit 1200, and then another Fireblade.

I dont think Ill ride again, my pal was killed on his in 2009.

Edited by Big Molio

CanadianMuscle
Posted (edited)

I bought a modified 1995 KDX200 from a guy living out in the country. Tons of bottom-end power, in fact, I almost fell of the bike pulling an unintentional wheelie; applying a little too much throttle...hehe 😂

(mine on the left...my dad's bike on the right)

9PbAGDs.jpg

UlHvNsW.jpg

Edited by bantonson15