3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

DeeZire

Some Interesting Ped Tidbits

DeeZire

Thought I'd return some of the help Ive got around here by sharing some discoveries I made when playing about with peds smile.gif

Ped Voices/Sounds

Theres two typos in peds.ide that mean the relevant peds dont have any sounds or voices. Change VOICE_GEN_BMYPI to VOICE_GEN_BYMPI to give the pimp his voices (you can add him to pedgroup.dat to get him to spawn as he wont otherwise) and also change VOICE_GEN_WMYSGRAD to VOICE_GEN_WMYSGRD to do likewise for the Security Guard.

Peds That You Never See

These peds are never spawned or used in any missions, so you can add them to pedgrp.dat to see them on the streets or use their IDs to add new ones instead (theres a couple more but I dont remember them sorry!);-

VWFYST1, SWFYSTR, BMOSEC, MAFBOSS, WMYCD1, BIKERA (see below), BIKERB

Ped Voices

A variety of voices that work but are never used anywhere (there are more but I didnt note tham all down, sorry!);-

VOICE_GEN_IMYST, VOICE_GEN_IRFYST, VOICE_GEN_IRMYST, VOICE_GEN_WFOPJ, VOICE_GEN_WMYSKAT, VOICE_GEN_WMYTX1, VOICE_GEN_WMYTX2, VOICE_EMG_ARMY2, VOICE_EMG_FBI3, VOICE_EMG_FBI4, VOICE_EMG_FBI5, VOICE_EMG_LAPD2, VOICE_EMG_LAPD3, VOICE_EMG_LAPD4, VOICE_EMG_LAPD5, VOICE_EMG_LAPD6, VOICE_EMG_LAPD7, VOICE_EMG_LVPD2, VOICE_EMG_LVPD3, VOICE_EMG_LVPD4, VOICE_EMG_MCOP3, VOICE_EMG_MCOP4, VOICE_EMG_MCOP5, VOICE_EMG_MCOP6, VOICE_EMG_SFPD2, VOICE_EMG_SFPD3, VOICE_EMG_SFPD4, VOICE_EMG_SWAT1, VOICE_EMG_SWAT6

Duplicate Ped/Dealer Bug

BIKERA is identical to BIKDRUG apart from the voices so that frees up another ID slot if you want to add a new one. On the subject of BIKDRUG, he's a dealer but you never see him because his 'cars can drive' mask is set to '0' in peds.ide so set that to 110F to see him on foot or on a motorbike. Similarly, WMYCH has the same problem so you never see him either, change his mask to 130C. You could do BMYCON too and add him to the workers ped group but you do see him in a mission.

Peds In The Game But Not Listed

Some ped models in the game that work perfectly well but never get used anywheres. Remember, you can add two new peds to peds.ide without any bad crashiness (they seem to be 'spare' slots);-

PSYCHO, POOLGUY (causes problems, dunno why), SOMYAP, VWMYAP, WFYCRP, SFPDM1, LVPDM1, WMYCD2.

You can also stick FAM3 and FAM4 in peds.ide as your 2 new ones, add them to the GANG2 ped group and you have 5 random family gang members instead of 3 without all the hassle of adding/replacing things in the .img files.

More Controversial Than Hot Coffee?

Heh, the grandaddy of all ped scripts, tucked away in main.scm is a script called HOME_BRAINS ready to use - hook it up to a ped (tramps work best) and watch in amazement as they piss on the pavement/other peds, get drunk, sit & lie on the floor, stagger around and puke everywhere. If you pull up close enough to them in your car they may even puke on your new paintwork wink.gif

Have fun with that lot! If can remember the other missing stuff, I'll post it all here smile.gif

Edited by DeeZire

josh_5

or wow the bottom one sounds great cud u release an scm with that activated plz plz man that wud be well good

Sugah55

Good to know, thanks for the info smile.gif

spaceeinstein

I'm lovin' it:

user posted image

Somehow they only pee and nothing else. The pee thing is kind of glitched up. Sometimes if something obstruct their animations, their pee will go on forever until their body disappears. This will be in my mod.

DexX

oh dear. last year when i mentioned that they should add peeing to the game, i didnt think they'd really do it tounge.gif

but im confused; so how exactly do you activate all this? the HOME_BRAINS i mean..

josh_5
I'm lovin' it:

user posted image

Somehow they only pee and nothing else. The pee thing is kind of glitched up. Sometimes if something obstruct their animations, their pee will go on forever until their body disappears. This will be in my mod.

will u plz release that mod plz plz plz

or atleast tell us how to enable it

DeeZire

Ill release mine soon, it has this plus a lot of other things smile.gif

josh_5
Ill release mine soon, it has this plus a lot of other things smile.gif

can i expect it in the next week?

demonj0e

ha ha ha sweet DeeZire ive gotta try work this out

sumone get a pick of him puking up over your car or summin

EDIT Think i sussed out the code

0928: init_external_script_with_actor_trigger  20 (HOME_BRAINS) actor_model #FAM2 priority  100 08E8: assign_external_script_handle 'HOME_BRAINS' to_actor_model #FAM2 

still learning coding but ima test this now

Edited by demonj0e

josh_5

0928: init_external_script_with_actor_trigger  20 (HOME_BRAINS) actor_model #FAM2 priority  100 08E8: assign_external_script_handle 'HOME_BRAINS' to_actor_model #FAM2 

did it work?

brotherbozar

Hey DeeZire,

I wonder if you could (after you're done with what you're doing) write a tutoral for the tutorials section about what you're doing, i'm new to modding this game but i love messing with the peds, I've swapped out a few of the 'CASUAL_POOR' and added a couple of trucker/cowboy types and the native american guy, made them 'tough guys' and altered their stats to make them more crazy, they're like 'out of towners' or 'the wild bunch' ,always having shootouts with the cops. Next i'm gonna try just having them turn up at weekends or something. Anyway, a tutorial could teach us alot about peds generally and hooking them up with scripts would be good to learn about.

demonj0e

did it work?

nope sad.gif wouldent even compile and now ive lost all my code f*cking mission builder is f*cked up wont decompile the correct scm or wont decompile my custom lines

spaceeinstein
To give you a fact, the peeing thing was used in the mission "Don Peyote". Maccer can piss on the ground. My mod is now released with the peeing only for random hobos. I wonder how Dee make them do more.

DeeZire

Well I used the code that was posted above except I attached it to more than one model (all the tramps/hobos).

The code picks a random integer between 1 and 4 and then assigns a behaviour based on that integer. 1 seems to be staggering around drunk, 2 seems to be taking a drink from a can, 3 seems to be pissing and 4 seems to be puking. Once a behaviour has been assigned it seems to work in cycles so you'd have to watch a ped for some time to see all of the behaviours but Ive definately seen them all (looking at the code, it seems the player has to be in a car for one of them to work correctly).

I may change the random thing to make each behaviour equally likely.

BTW, you should only hook this up to a 'normal' ped - it will cause problems if you hook it up to things like criminals, prostitutes, cops and gang members as they all have internal scripts attached to them for their behaviours.

I found more that lets you make a window cleaner and a traffic cop that directs traffic, Ill post that up soon.

Kraxxuz
Really good job fiding these, they look hilarious, I can't wait for a release, certain download for sure! Keep up the great work! Edited by kraxxuz

deltadude

Do you activate this by edited the peds.ide?

Changing their stat_suitguy to home_brains?

I'll try it now

Opius

Use opcode 0928 (init_external_script_with_actor_trigger 19 (DEALER) actor_model #BMYDRUG priority 100 ), change the script number to whatever HOME_BRAINS is and change the model to whatever the bums is.

deltadude

oh thanks smile.gif

demonj0e

ha ha ha now thats cool a cop that directs traffic and a window cleaner

ive assigned the script to all the bums/hobos and they dont do anything

this is ma code

0928: init_external_script_with_actor_trigger  20 (HOME_BRAINS) actor_model #WMOTR1 priority  100 0928: init_external_script_with_actor_trigger  20 (HOME_BRAINS) actor_model #BMOTR1 priority  100 0928: init_external_script_with_actor_trigger  20 (HOME_BRAINS) actor_model #VWMOTR1 priority  100 0928: init_external_script_with_actor_trigger  20 (HOME_BRAINS) actor_model #SWMOTR1 priority  100 0928: init_external_script_with_actor_trigger  20 (HOME_BRAINS) actor_model #SBMOTR2 priority  100 0928: init_external_script_with_actor_trigger  20 (HOME_BRAINS) actor_model #SWMOTR2 priority  100 0928: init_external_script_with_actor_trigger  20 (HOME_BRAINS) actor_model #SBMYTR3 priority  100 0928: init_external_script_with_actor_trigger  20 (HOME_BRAINS) actor_model #SWMOTR3 priority  100 

do i need to any thingy else

what about theese integer things?

josh_5

Well I used the code that was posted above except I attached it to more than one model (all the tramps/hobos).

The code picks a random integer between 1 and 4 and then assigns a behaviour based on that integer. 1 seems to be staggering around drunk, 2 seems to be taking a drink from a can, 3 seems to be pissing and 4 seems to be puking. Once a behaviour has been assigned it seems to work in cycles so you'd have to watch a ped for some time to see all of the behaviours but Ive definately seen them all (looking at the code, it seems the player has to be in a car for one of them to work correctly).

I may change the random thing to make each behaviour equally likely.

BTW, you should only hook this up to a 'normal' ped - it will cause problems if you hook it up to things like criminals, prostitutes, cops and gang members as they all have internal scripts attached to them for their behaviours.

I found more that lets you make a window cleaner and a traffic cop that directs traffic, Ill post that up soon.

wow ur real great man

wonder y r* never put these in the finished product

also are you gona release your mod consiting all of the code window wiping , trafic guys , puking, pissing,drinking, been drunk etc

Edited by josh_5

justa_newbie

DeeZire,

Do you have any tips on how one goes about editing ped behaviors?

(or a link to some handy info)

In viewing the code thru MB, I can see that there are missions and

external scripts, but I'm trying to figure out how to access/manipulate

settings for peds/actors and can't figure it out.

Any help is appreciated. smile.gif

justa_newbie

(living up to my nick) wink.gif

Opius

Passing actors to external scripts.

Basically, anything you can do with mission scripting can be used as behaviour for peds. Using the 'init_external_script_with_actor', any pedestrian who's model matches the one you define will automatically be defined as @0. If you wanted all peds using model #temp to immeadiately die upon being created, the code would look like this (Psuedo code)

0928: init_external_script_with_actor_trigger  99 (YOUR_SCRIPT_NAME) actor_model #TEMP priority  100 ...DEFINE EXTERNAL_SCRIPT_START YOUR SCRIPT NAMEkill_actor @0end_thread

justa_newbie

Opius,

I've seen your tip (link) many times and kept hoping for some further

"spelling out" comments. Thank you for adding to this one. smile.gif

My main problem is conceptually understanding where I can change code

(do I have to create a mission--could/should it be global, do I need to

create_thread, can I just re-purpose the actions/anims set for other

peds/actors and define my own triggers...real basic stuff like that...that's

what I'm having trouble finding answers to).

I very much appreciate you guys who can dissect all this stuff and still

manage to help me/others with it!

My mental state wraps itself more around the art side of creating

(discovered that R*'s texture work on some of their peds ain't exactly

"clean")--I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for .ifp import/export

scripts that work for 3dMax...not so much the code side. Still, I want to

learn as much as I can. wink.gif

Is there any tutorial that kinda outlines a mod explaining the rationale

behind what changes where made, and how the code facilitates these

changes?

Again, thank you for the assistance! smile.gif

justa_newbie

Quadropheniac90

Lemme get this right, this is all about assigning an external script to an actor which can be easily done, so if I'd put this in my mod, would I have to credit anyone? Well, I would at least credit DeeZire for finding this but I mean like giving credit as if this was a hard mod to make? tounge.gif

EDIT: This topic this old... Damn.

JernejL

why didn't anyone make this as a mod already? i don't want to go through all trouble and scm compiling and editing ide files confused.gif

demonj0e

its simple ill compile an scm tomoz for people who can do the code

FIND:

0928: init_external_script_with_actor_trigger  19 (DEALER) actor_model #BIKDRUG priority  100 

AFTER ADD

0928: init_external_script_with_actor_trigger  20 (HOME_BRAINS) actor_model #SWMOTR1 priority  100 0928: init_external_script_with_actor_trigger  20 (HOME_BRAINS) actor_model #WMOTR1 priority  100 0928: init_external_script_with_actor_trigger  20 (HOME_BRAINS) actor_model #BMOTR1 priority  100 0928: init_external_script_with_actor_trigger  20 (HOME_BRAINS) actor_model #SBMOTR2 priority  100 0928: init_external_script_with_actor_trigger  20 (HOME_BRAINS) actor_model #SWMOTR2 priority  100 0928: init_external_script_with_actor_trigger  20 (HOME_BRAINS) actor_model #SBMYTR3 priority  100 0928: init_external_script_with_actor_trigger  20 (HOME_BRAINS) actor_model #SWMOTR3 priority  100 0928: init_external_script_with_actor_trigger  20 (HOME_BRAINS) actor_model #VWMOTR1 priority  100 0928: init_external_script_with_actor_trigger  20 (HOME_BRAINS) actor_model #SWMOTR5 priority  100 

scm coming tomoz for people who need help

@ teun

na i dnt think u would need to credit anyone just rockstar for making it and maybe DeeZire for finding

brotherbozar

As is, i couldn't compile this, i think you need to use the model ID instead of the model name.

Demarest
As is, i couldn't compile this, i think you need to use the model ID instead of the model name.

Search original code for 0928: and you'll see that they use model number, not name. Although I agree with you that they look like opcodes that would refer to model names.

brotherbozar

Actually i messed up, i put them under the burger guy. This time i put them under BIKDRUG (like he said to) and they work fine. Hilarious! I've been looking forward to this.

You've not included VWMOTR2 and SWMOTR4 ...is there a reason?

I also read elsewhere that sometimes they don't stop pissing, has anyone else noticed this because i've not.

Great stuff, thanks!

DeeZire

The only tweak I'd suggest for those implementing this on tramps is to also set actor @0 money to 0. The thread doesnt do that, and it seems crazy that today I was able to beat up a drunken bum and get $300 out of him...