4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Mainland Marauder

Opening interiors with a glitch at start

Mainland Marauder

I read on here somewhere about how the jetpack cheat can be entered at the beginning of the game, causing all restaurants, stores and other interiors that normally aren't open to become open from the start.

I entered the jetpack cheat (left, right, L1, L2, R1, R2, up, down, left, right) as CJ says "You can't leave me here, this is Ballas country!" Among the things I noticed:

-The cops never throw you out of the car. It keeps driving. After it disappears from the screen, the camera goes to the street and you get a "WASTED" message along with seeing the two jet exhausts from the jetpack in the street. Respawn at the hospital in Jefferson with zero cash and weapons.

-All stores are open, including fast food restaurants and the clothes stores like Didier Sachs and Victim which normally don't open until much later in the game.

-Interiors which are used during certain missions are open when they normally arent.

They include:

1. Madd Dogg's mansion, which doesn't have the thermal goggles pickup but has armor and a save point.

2. The house in East Los Santos from which you save Denise in Burning Desire. It is called "Vagos Gang House" and it is obvious the house interior was not meant to be seen not engulfed in flames. Many walls and frames of the house inside can be seen through. It's kind of goofy looking.

3. The Crack Den in Idlewood. It wasn't open when I first checked it after entering the code, but I got wasted again and then went back there. It could be entered.

4. Jizzy's Pleasure Domes in San Fierro, for which I had to fly and attract four wanted stars. I also found then that going into these buildings with a wanted level means shooting it out with cops.

5. The Planning Department in Las Venturas, seen in the mission Architectural Espionage. Also shot it out with cops there.

6. Also, apparently it creates the interior of Big Smoke's Crack Palace in East Los Santos which normally doesn't form until you begin the final mission of the game. Usually at the start of the game you can break the wall down in that place with explosives or by ramming a vehicle through it; in the mission you must use the SWAT tank to break the wall down. Nothing I've done breaks down that wall with the cheat enabled. When I play again I may enter Blue Hell with a jetpack and look around down there.

7. Finally it opens the Johnson House for saves, when you normally have to do the first mission first. Your save will say "In The Beginning" for the last mission completed.

-It seems to trigger the infamous basketball glitch. No basketballs appear on the courts throughout the state.

Note that these interiors generally have nothing in them, but it's still kind of cool.

-You also can't seem to pick up hookers in free roam, but you can do pimping (and all other R3 missions).

Banyan Bro

the sinndaco meat house in LV is also opened

king razer
You also can't seem to pick up hookers in free roam

you can pick up hookers just be in a cool car and i knocked the wall down at big smokes and it just went into blue hell whats with that

51L3N7 4554551N
Apparently if you knock it down the floors not stable and therefore you fall into blue hell. Never happened to me and i've played it with a completed game save and without and it still doesn't happen blink.gif Lucky me, i guess

Fireman

Uuh Check out my topic it says all.... So why did you make a new topic for it?

The Sindacco Abatoir is only open in a mission.

51L3N7 4554551N
Read the first bit Fireman

Fireman

Yes so? It only says he read something about it, so why would he make a new topic?

51L3N7 4554551N
To make other people aware, he is fairly new

NUTZ_J98

Yes so? It only says he read something about it, so why would he make a new topic?

Yeah and when you ask us to look at your topic how about posting a link so we dont wonder around like blind boys in a mine field all day.

NSX

This has all been discussed before and we all know about it, don't try to get credit for posting it a again, It's really a pointless topic if you ask me and I would have locked it if you posted it on my forum

Fireman

Yeah and when you ask us to look at your topic how about posting a link so we dont wonder around like blind boys in a mine field all day.

Who says I want you to take a look at my topic?

I just think it pointless syaing it again.

NSX

If you look around a bit and use search you'll find it real easy to me you're just being lazy....

Banyan Bro

that is the point of the glitch, it opens interiors that usually you only have access to during missions, like jizzys or the meathouse, which is open when using this glitch.

Fireman

that is the point of the glitch, it opens interiors that usually you only have access to during missions, like jizzys or the meathouse

Like I don't know? It was a response to a guy said the factory was always open

51L3N7 4554551N
He meant it was during the glitch

Mainland Marauder

Half the time search doesn't even work on here. I get error messages.

tommygun1

I don't like it when people bring don't use search before posting a topic, but if YOU made the topic and your saying WE should go look it up, then I'm glad he did repost it. I don't want to dig yours up, I'll read this one. On the other hand, if you dig yours up, I'll switch to it.

Fireman

Well he said he read about it so he knows where the topic is, so why didn't put the link to the official topic in it to. Here is it:

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtop...ything+unlocked

There's some things that are always open in that list but it also opens up Zero RC Shop before you buy it.

Edited by Fireman

Mainland Marauder

Thanks to the people who aren't scalping me on here. I don't always read game boards as much as I play. I don't intend to take credit for anything - in real life, I'm a professional writer who sees my real name in print every day. So I don't need a game site to make me feel like I produced something. And since the interest in GTA: San Andreas has increased with the recent controversy, more new people are looking into things. And they may want to read a fresh thread instead of digging up stuff that's old. What is so wrong with that? I think it's more to do with the people who post the old topics and how it makes them feel better that -their- thread is still alive. Get a life, or at least a semblance of one, folks. (I realize I had less of a life when I started playing SA, incidentally.)

-Also, doing this glitch unblocks the roads heading out of Los Santos/Red County. THAT I haven't seen on here anywhere. smile.gif However, if you leave anywhere you're not supposed to leave at first, well yeah, you get four stars wanted level. But that makes for a fun chase through the streets of Venturas or Fierro.

I play with this glitch when I feel like playing what I call "bandit mode" where you start off with no clothes except your tanktop and jeans and no cash. Beat people up and gather weapons to survive. No missions, no cheats. Just raising hell.

quackaddict
I play with this glitch when I feel like playing what I call "bandit mode" where you start off with no clothes except your tanktop and jeans and no cash. Beat people up and gather weapons to survive. No missions, no cheats. Just raising hell.

x2. (except without the glitch, for me)

You can get a pair of white board shorts if you do the Chiliad Challenge. It's open before any missions are played.

No one has yet to see if you can get the police outfit, etc without doing storylines. I doubt anyone has completed a date without doing any missions. I've tried...it's hard as hell....you need a flamethrower to get a ball of fire around you and the girl before you pick her up...If anyone can complete a date without doing a storyline will be the first person on my respect list and will go down in history as the first person to do so on this board.

poopskin

could someone get me a map of where all the entrances are?

Fireman

x2. (except without the glitch, for me)

You can get a pair of white board shorts if you do the Chiliad Challenge. It's open before any missions are played.

No one has yet to see if you can get the police outfit, etc without doing storylines. I doubt anyone has completed a date without doing any missions. I've tried...it's hard as hell....you need a flamethrower to get a ball of fire around you and the girl before you pick her up...If anyone can complete a date without doing a storyline will be the first person on my respect list and will go down in history as the first person to do so on this board.

Uh I have dated with someone before even starting the first mission.

@ Mainland - I don't really care about your personal life and if you are a writer or not, I'd just think you could anyway post the link to the original topic because like this it really looks like you want credit for it. P.S If you are going to make new topics for interesting old topics you can make like a 100 more topics with old news in it.

Edited by Fireman

Mainland Marauder

Fireman, personally I like my thread because I used the spoiler tags. Someone picking up this game is not supposed to know whose crack palace is at the end of the game becauseit's the first character you meet in the game who is at the time your friend.

Now leave me alone.