Bad News

WhereAmI

PSM(Worlds #1 Playstaion Magazine, I guess) has reported that no swimming is availiable (that means you drowned like in GTA3 or Vice City). No word on climbing, and no interior enviroments. Thoughts?

I'm really not sure what you were expecting to see. It took alot of tweaking just to get all of what they currently have on the PS2, now they're developing a game on an inferior platform. Some things will have to be sacrificed.

PresidentKiller
I'm really not sure what you were expecting to see. It took alot of tweaking just to get all of what they currently have on the PS2, now they're developing a game on an inferior platform. Some things will have to be sacrificed.

They managed to put a huge game like San Andreas on the aging PS2. I expected them to do the same with LCS and the PSP (push it to the limit).

If you're not able to swim or enter buildings, then I'm not buying LCS. I don't want a "real" GTA3 remake with just a different storyline.

uLAyIka.png

whooped sh*t you can't swim. It just gives the boats in the game more of a reason now doesn't it? I'm a bit disappointed about the interiors, but as said above, not everything can stay the same for a hand held

kippers.png

I can't see what all your problems are about this game, if you can't swim, then good! If you can't fly aircraft, then good!

The game is about earning money through crime and being a general vagrant, not about cheating by swimming and flying to other islands before you're supposed to get to them.

It's called playing the game properly. Most of you new teenage gamers have never heard of this concept. confused.gif

it's not cheating by flying or swimming to the other islands coz in SA you can't last very long befrore the hydras or FBI shoot you down. So it's not really cheating

kippers.png

Games-master

What pizza guy meant is that the game is not about flying, swimming etc...

Its about Crime, Drugs etc..

yeah but those things are fun to do when you aren't doing missions and killing people. Anyways.I'm not particularly bothered about these things not being in LCS

kippers.png

I'm a bit disappointed about the interiors, but as said above, not everything can stay the same for a hand held

He never said that there wasn't any interiors, he just said that they haven't been mentioned yet. Theres still a chance that some will be added, I hope.

Also you couldn't swim in GTA3 and Vice and I liked those games, so not being able to swim in LCS isn't that big of a deal to me.

J4KPE60.gif

Moonshield's less handsome join date brother <3

If you're not able to swim or enter buildings, then I'm not buying LCS. I don't want a "real" GTA3 remake with just a different storyline.

Oh well, im sure rockstar dont mind.

viniciusdcs

I think the game is also a lot about freedom of doing whatever you want, a lot of people dont like playing the game properly, doing the storyline and all that.

About the bad news it totally sucks, I know VC was cool and all that but that was before SA or for who never played SA.

So I think that after SA included swimming, climbing and lots of interiors if LCS doesnt include al that its gonna fell a bit weird playing it, now Im not sure about buying LCS I need to think about it and see more imformation about the game.

This is all my opinion. confused.gif

50th post biggrin.gif

Brown Streak RR

Hmm.

Yes, it will be different not being able to swim. But, that's okay. I don't mind. I loved Vice, and you couldn't swim there.

I'm just hoping we get some interiors. They don't have to sacrifice that much, do they now? confused.gif

Some things disappoint me, yes. Some of these latest developments. But this is still going to be a great game, regardless.

Don't forget, the PSP is powerful, but some things have to be sacrificed for hardware reasons. And swimming/flying were two of them, which won't bring any problems, if I get a PSP and this game. It'd cause problems, and I guess it would avoid "crashes" at the edges of the city map.

I hope this game turns out to be good for a PSP game, because a decent portable GTA would be very nice.

PSM(Worlds #1 Playstaion Magazine, I guess) has reported that no swimming is availiable (that means you drowned like in GTA3 or Vice City).  No word on climbing, and no interior enviroments.  Thoughts?

I'm just going to say that does'nt make sense of them, it is the same as GTA3 then...which sucks....and depressing. But at least there is bikes...lol

Edited by GTA Life

My thought is: Interior enviroments where a fun add-in, but swimming is something I need. I can't stand to drowned.

now im going to be doing a mission were i have to chase someone i will probably have to turn a corner really fast causing my car to fly off a cliff into the water. suicidal.gif

Banned on account of serious spamming and request

I'm not gay , I'm not gay but i dance around in a gay gay way. I'm not gay, no no way, Watching me dance will make you gay!

chocholatelazy

No swimming? That's like making a sprinter wear high heels in a 100m race. It's restricting our abilities.

I died 5 times in Vice City trying to clear the insane jump over the water.

And Driver are going to make fun even more by putting Tony in armbands.

I'm not really too fussed about there not being swimming since I rarely ever swam in GTA: SA anyway. Sure, it was nice not drowning when you accidentally drove your car into the water but it doesn't matter to me since it makes the game more of a challenge.

PresidentKiller

Oh well, im sure rockstar dont mind.

Oh believe me, the last thing they need now is losing loyal customers. sly.gif

I just read an article on EGM about LCS and actually made me change my mind (they're saying that LCS will be a big game, not as big as San Andreas but big. I'll post the info in a bit though there's nothing "new" on it). However, I'd like to at least be able to get into some buildings (is that too much to ask?) I don't mind about swimming after all.

uLAyIka.png

I do. I've played through GTA3 and VC at least four times each. I'd pay $50 right now for a second disc of nothing but new GTA3 missions - same physics, no bikes and all. I think lots of people are like me so to have a few cool bonus features is even better.

Yes, having a PSP and being totally hungry for decent content where they speak English, I would probably even buy a straight GTA3 port. Drowning and all - that was just another part of the strategy.

PresidentKiller
Yes, having a PSP and being totally hungry for decent content where they speak English, I would probably even buy a straight GTA3 port. Drowning and all - that was just another part of the strategy.

Listen, if you want a translation for that article I posted, just ask and I'll see if I have the time to do it. dozingoff.gif

uLAyIka.png

Listen, if you want a translation for that article I posted, just ask and I'll see if I have the time to do it. dozingoff.gif

I don't think tommyalma was referring to the article you posted, I think that he was actually talking about the fact that in San Andreas much of the dialogue is in "gangsta". tounge.gif

PresidentKiller
I don't think tommyalma was referring to the article you posted, I think that he was actually talking about the fact that in San Andreas much of the dialogue is in "gangsta". tounge.gif

Oh yeah, I got it now... sorry... tounge.gif

But anyway, if you want that article translated just ask.

uLAyIka.png

I do. I've played through GTA3 and VC at least four times each. I'd pay $50 right now for a second disc of nothing but new GTA3 missions - same physics, no bikes and all. I think lots of people are like me so to have a few cool bonus features is even better.

hell yeah!

<3 GTA3 <3

I don't really mind not swimming, or not having interiors that much, but I'll miss the climbing. cryani.gif

twang629.gif

PresidentKiller
I don't really mind not swimming, or not having interiors that much, but I'll miss the climbing. cryani.gif

I'd rather have interiors than climbing but oh well... confused.gif

uLAyIka.png