3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Deadlystealth

!R* Didn't lie!

Deadlystealth

<Sen. Hilary Rodham Clinton, D-New York, applauded the change but said she was disturbed the sexual content appeared on store shelves in the first place. She asked the Federal Trade Commission to investigate and called on the Entertainment Software Rating Board to do more to police game content.

"Apparently the sexual material was embedded in the game. ****The company admitted that****Clinton said. "The fact remains that the company gamed the ratings system."

Rep. Joe Baca, D-Calif., said this week the video game industry needs a good dose of government oversight and renewed a call for a law requiring the FTC to determine if the video game industry's labeling practices are unfair or deceptive.

"Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas" was last year's top console game, selling more than 5.1 million copies in the U.S., according to market analyst NPD Group. Xbox and PC versions were released last month.

..You can read the complete article here..>

Edited by Deadlystealth

Jasonlives

Um.

Didn't we know this already?

OzzySM12

I'm starting to get bored of all tehse topics talking about teh game being AO and sh*t. Here in Britain the game is already 18+.

America seems to hve its head up its arse about thing like this. Americans seem to react soo shocked to find that there is such a thing as the hot coffee mod. To be honist I would expect most people to have done most of teh stuff the hot coffeemod shows in real life by the time that are about 16.

maf

America is the sort of corrupt society where violence and guns are part of the culture and sex is still a taboo in its media. Blood and gore on TV but no T and A - that says it all for me.

OzzySM12
America is the sort of corrupt society where violence and guns are part of the culture and sex is still a taboo in its media. Blood and gore on TV but no T and A - that says it all for me.

There are strange about swearing as well. On American TV I believe they cannot sware on actual shows. As alot of the shows over here when they have american guests. The guests are shocked to here people swearing and talking about sex on live TV, after 9pm here anythign goes basically.

Sir Random

Yeah, remember all that fuss over Janet Jackson baring a breast? Jeez, we get more nudity than that in daytime adverts here.

On the other hand, I remember watching an old episode of "Diagnosis Murder" (a family show) and they showed a man being executed by lethal injection. I was horrified that they (the doctors) calmly watched through a window as the guy was killed (soon after they'd been talking to him).

It's weird how we're conditioned to accept whatever our society decides is normal.

GritSandWiches4Breakfest

k.

bishman82

yeah, what the hell is going on? why does the american government go on like this is some major thing?

if people are really bothered about a computer game corrupting their precious kids minds then why are they letting them play a game that revolves around gang wars, carjacking, drugs and stuff???

Then the second someone finds a bit of computer generated sex 'BAN THIS GAME!!!'

where's the f*cking logic in that? i'm pretty sure sex is legal in America (or have they banned that now)

FFS America get your priorities in order lol

socalistoner

yep parents got offended when they found it in there..obviously they think u play bingo in gta and go to church meetings.....ignorant morons

Ottae
I'm intrigued, is the hot coffee controversy in the main headlines of the news in the states because the way people go on about it, it seem like it's main headline news!

Deadlystealth

<I didn't creat this topic so people could talk sh*t on America..

But some of you have a point, I think some of the Politicians are just worried about what people think about them so that they get a favorable vote.

They think that since people found out about this new "Hot Coffee" thing, since parents think that pixelated sex is so bad..even though that nothing is being shown except a position and clothes..and maybe some sounds..even when you have to go through so much to get to the mini-game.

In America, people do swear on TV all the time..and comercials have a whole bunch of sexual enuendos..or however you spell that. I dont know if any of you have seen the Dave Chapelle's Show? That is probably one of the most swearing on TV Show's that I know.

The Adults in America are the one's who are all uptight about a little pixilated sex..not the gamers..

>

GTA3Freak-2001
<I didn't creat this topic so people could talk sh*t on America..

But some of you have a point, I think some of the Politicians are just worried about what people think about them so that they get a favorable vote.

They think that since people found out about this new "Hot Coffee" thing, since parents think that pixelated sex is so bad..even though that nothing is being shown except a position and clothes..and maybe some sounds..even when you have to go through so much to get to the mini-game.

In America, people do swear on TV all the time..and comercials have a whole bunch of sexual enuendos..or however you spell that. I dont know if any of you have seen the Dave Chapelle's Show? That is probably one of the most swearing on TV Show's that I know.

The Adults in America are the one's who are all uptight about a little pixilated sex..not the gamers..

>

We aren't talking sh*t about the American people just your media, government etc. the idiots running around like Jack Thompson and Hilary Clinton.

Anyway we have already got a topic for discussing this so post there thanks.