3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

heckknow

make CJ fly?

heckknow

Is it possible to make him fly by himself (without the jet pack; not inside a plane)? Thanks. I'm thinking of making a super-heroes like mod for GTA:SA. There's a mod that allows you to drive a car up a wall (ala spider-man). That would be cool to do for CJ as well.

Other things for this mod:

- mega/high jump

- super-speed (land, sea, and air)

- invincibility

- 1 hit super punch (there's a mod floating around that does this -- actually kills with one punch)

- mega-damage punch (for non-human opponents; i.e. vehicles)

- super-hero costume/wardrobe

- breath-underwater

- super-stealth (always quiet)

- cannot be knocked over (i.e. if a car collides into CJ, they blow up)

What do you guys think?

Demarest
Have you seen my Neo mods? They give your character all kinds of super abilities (like Neo). Feel free to check out the code and convert it to SA if you'd like. Or just use it for reference if you'd prefer.

Quadropheniac90

Well, maybe this is an idea, but it doesn't involve coding I think, at least not much:

You select a certain weapon (add one/replace one) and when you attack, CJ sticks his arms in front of him (think you can use the colt45 dualwield animations) and all kinds of particles appear around you, as if a tornado/whirlwind is around CJ. Any car within 10 meters of CJ would fly away and/or explode. I think the particle bit would be hard though, don't know if that's codeable. Hope this gives you ideas!

heckknow
Well, maybe this is an idea, but it doesn't involve coding I think, at least not much:

You select a certain weapon (add one/replace one) and when you attack, CJ sticks his arms in front of him (think you can use the colt45 dualwield animations) and all kinds of particles appear around you, as if a tornado/whirlwind is around CJ. Any car within 10 meters of CJ would fly away and/or explode. I think the particle bit would be hard though, don't know if that's codeable. Hope this gives you ideas!

Heh, that's pretty neat. I was thinking of somehow attaching the flamethrower to CJ without CJ holding the flamethrower kinda like what you said about the dual welding pistols. Or better yet, make it so that CJ walks around covered in flames (like when he gets burned in the game) except he takes no damage. But if anyone come in contact with him, they catch on fire. This would be a neat way to bring someone like the human torch from the fantastic four movie into the game.

Also, the shaky cam opcode could be used for something like CJ pounding the ground with his fist (the animation for the baseball bat or punching when hitting someone on the ground). Then make it so that a radial damage/knockback occurs for anyone surrounding him.

Where can I get your Neo Mod, Demarest? Is it for GTA: VC?

Quadropheniac90

Hmmm, let's see... I could look and see if I can get something like what you said to work. Create a fire on CJ and make his arms flamethrowers. I'll get back to you.

I made CJ fireproof and tried to create a fire on him, but that didn't work, I'm now trying to get the flamethrowing arms done.

EDIT: Damn! Can't get the arms to split flames either. Maybe you should try looking for fire particles in the main.scm file?

Edited by teun.steenbekkers

heckknow

Ok, I've managed to find the Neo mod (via googling):

http://www.tfads.com/gta3code/

It's for the original GTA3! (two game versions back!).

Any chance of updating to GTA: SA, Demarest??

teun.steenbekkers -- looks like it's harder than it first seems to be. I plan to look into it after pouring over Demarest's Neo mod. Hmmm...I guess I need to go install the original GTA3 to check it out in action.

Here's one for VC:

http://www.codenamegta3.co.uk/vicecity/dow...8/neo-mod-v4.0/

Edited by heckknow

random_download

Converting the code to SA shouldn't be very hard. Almost all of the opcodes are still the same and will work exactly as they did in VC/GTA3

SAZ

yea this idea is really cool...i've been working on a super speed mod but to no real avail...im pretty useless at coding, demarest i think it would be much appreciated (well by me definatly smile.gif ) if you could convert it over for san andreas, i always used that mod in vice was soo cool!

as for flying i think if sum1 could replace the animation for CJ free falling (like when you press the forward button with the parachute on and cj free falls really quick)...it looks like hes flying i think it would look cooler.

umm...theres already a mod for one hit kills (thats easy to make aswell), jumping cheat if anyone could make that permanent would b good!...also i definatly know its possible in vice because i did it myself is removing the txd file for the flame thrower and then changing the animation to the punch animation makes it look like your shotting flames from your hands...however this aint workin for san andreas (just tried it! made the game freeze).

DEMAREST CONVERT YOUR MOD TO SAN ANDREAS PLEASE!!!!

demonj0e

wow im liking theese ideas

ima try converting mega run and jump and some others to sa

but makign fire come out of cj thats nuts lol

btw how do i make cj fireproof?

Demarest
As far as ideas go, just keep in mind that half of them are not even doable. There's lots of things that would sound cool, but the engine simply won't allow confused.gif Just wanted to mention that before hopes got too high.

SAZ

so demarest u never quite said whether you were guna convert your mod over to san andreas or not???! smile.gif

i think if you do the firetruck missions you make cj fireproof. maybe if you found the coding for that you could edit it to have from the beginning

Demarest

055D is the toggle for a burnproof player. Setting it to 1 is true.

I don't have SAPC, so I can't mod anything for it. Conversion would be only a matter of syntax swapping assuming all opcodes still function. Besides, I'm finishing up TTVC and have some GTA3 things I'd like to do.

gta_matt

Well I just did the mission dam and blast and at the end he jumps off the dam with his arms right in front of him like superman.hope this helps with the flying part,if possible.

heckknow

Well I just did the mission dam and blast and at the end he jumps off the dam with his arms right in front of him like superman.hope this helps with the flying part,if possible.

Wow! This thread is finally alive!

gta_matt -- yes, I think if you push (or hold down) a key before CJ opens his parachute, he'll do a dive like in one of the james bond flick.

Demarest -- it would be a great day if you did do the conversion of your neo mod to GTA: SA or get SeBsZ to do the conversion since he did the GTA3 to GTA: VC neo mod conversion.

I'm with SAZ on getting Demarest to convert his mod to GTA: SA.

For super speed on water, we could also use the water ripple effect caused by a boat.

It would be cool to project a second character or a second CJ that shadows your move (sort of like taking the 2-player options on the console, but instead map your CJ movement to the 2-player CJ movement). This could be sorta like a psionic attack.

Here's another one, what about pets/familiars? You could have a car (with no one in it) do your bidding. Like sending it crashing into someone or another vehicle or command it to block a route for your escape (perhaps we can use the gang controls for this).

This might not be PC, but we could have girlfriends as "pets" who will do your bidding. You could send her off to plant a kiss-of-death on an enemy (using the kiss animation; then instant kill the person she's kissing).

Or have the RC plane fly around you like a parrot or hawk (since it can attack with it's machine gun).

So many possibility!

Edited by heckknow

Quadropheniac90

Well, superhero mod sounds allmost impossible, except for the advanced movements. But what you could make I think, is get the ID of a car where CJ's aiming at and when you press a button you can control that car and you will be able to blow it up. That's highly possible. Then, getting girlfriends to do stuff for ya. Maybe spawn an actor, he/she protects Carl, but when you press a button she explodes, or maybe even to get a person, but that would require an opcode which gets the ID of the actor. I'll try and figure something out, but I can't garuantee nothing.

Does anyone know whether this'd work?

00D6: if 00457:   player $PLAYER_CHAR aiming_at_actor -1004D: jump_if_false ££AIMMOD0001: wait 0 ms0326: @0 = create_actor -1 fire

I'm not good with integers and float values yet, but is there a way to get the ID of the actor you're aiming at?

Edited by teun.steenbekkers

SAZ

demarest man!...wat u waiting for get it on the pc u'll b makin 100's of ppl's gaming lives more fun with ur mods!...or get sum1 to do it!...please!!!!

Demarest

demarest man!...wat u waiting for get it on the pc u'll b makin 100's of ppl's gaming lives more fun with ur mods!...or get sum1 to do it!...please!!!!

Nah. The mods I'm best known for have already been made for SA. And like I said, converting it to SA would be a line for line syntax swap. Anybody could do it with a couple hours of free time.

SAZ

ok cool man, not that i understand any of the syntax stuff etc. but i guess im guna have to wait for sum1 to convert it over! but cheers anyways!

Demarest
How disappointing. You check the code of the mod you're converting and read the opcode. Then search original code for instances of that opcode. Copy/paste it and change all variables to what the mod you're converting had. Easy peazy. I'd do it at this point, but I wouldn't be able to test it.

gta_matt

About the flying cj thing I was looking in the .ifp files and seen one called

"dam_jump".

If anyone knows how to open these files i'm sure you could use that as your flying part.

Freakingfreak

hey Demarest nice work on the neo mods and vigilanywhere mod , i enjoy both

very much ,i tried to combine thse 2 and encountered a problem, i tried doing so by

taking the main.scm from the neo mod and add the lines of code from the read me

file of the vigilanywhere ,now i did manage to activate vigalanty from anywhere while

neo mod is on but if im not inside a cop car the mission is over in a sec and i get the mission fail notice,if i completley rmove those lines in code like u said i get an excption

and the game won run at all

any idea what im doing wrong ?

Demarest
Neo is a script mod while Vigilanywhere is a SCM mod. You're better off adding Neo to Vigilanywhere. True Vigilanywhere came with instructions, but you missed a step. Better to do it as described above. Better yet, I've just released Doppleganger v1 for GTA3, which is essentially Vigilanywhere PLUS. You should add Neo to it instead colgate.gif

Freakingfreak

okie m8 thanks very much for the quick replay,i'll try to do that and i hope it will go

smoother ,if i'll have more problems and wont suceced i'll edit this msg later smile.gif

Freakingfreak

well like u suggested the other way around it did work suicidal.gif ,btw after 1 or 2 vigilanty

missions the neo "hub" (timers and such) dissaper but the mod still working and it comes back after the mission is over ,and also it crashed on me after couple of missions ,maybe next time it wont happen tried only few times .

also im intrested to know if s theres any way to make the sprint unlimted ? devil.gif

Demarest

Oh yeah. When I went from Neo v4 to Neo v5, I made the mod far more balanced. See, v4 was a free for all. v5 was meant to be one step closer to an Agent version of the mod. I haven't totally abandoned the idea, but if I pursue something of that magnitude, I'll probably sit down and start work on Police Academy ph34r.gif Point being that I intentionally put in limitations.

As for the glitches, that makes sense to me. Most Neo v5 functions use the onscreen text where a timer goes. Vigilante uses this too and because it's a mission, it takes priority. Both to avoid glitches as well as simply have fun, you're better off using v4. But I leave everything up on my site so that everybody can choose for themselves colgate.gif

I'm glad you're having fun. I used to sew Neo and Vigilanywhere together too and use the Neo features to help track down scumbags. that_guy2057_evilgrin.gif

Freakingfreak

thanx for the info about the neo ver 4 , i download the zip and will install it later,

i understand the point of putting the limitations in ,nice to have the option to choose between the 2 vers of the mod ,i have to say again that the neo mod is just plain fun devil.gif ,the amount of chaos and destruction that one can inflict is just enormuos, often i get to the point which all the screen surronnding me is full of blown up police cars,blood gore body parts and flames angry.gif too such a degree that my computer cant handle it anymore and crashes hehe, it only happens after very long time of continues fight with the cops.also one more glitch ,when u try to get into the bullet time while in the middle of super jump the game will freeze and crash,which makes sense tounge2.gif

also i've been trying to add the neo mod to SA ,and got cant compile mistake :

03A4: name_thread("NEOTIME") parameter 1 is not set , i'll try to figure what that means but help will be appreciated.

Edited by Freakingfreak

Y_Less

The parametes are there, but in the SA builder, they are in a different format, you would need to change it to:

03A4: name_thread "NEOTIME"

You will also need to alter all the other OpCodes in the same way.

Demarest
Even converting just to VC, SeBsZ had some difficulties with it because a few opcodes actually switched the order in which they were expecting the vars. Not sure if this was engine or Builder, but it made it challenging for him. Whomever converts it to SA is better off using the VC code as a foundation.

Freakingfreak

tried converting it to SA without sucess yet, i manage to compile a scm with the neo code inside but i obviuosly doing something wrong cause its not working ,i did managed to install the bullet time coversion that some1 made ,and based on that tried to convert ,example :

;******************** FLYING *********************:LabelNEOFLY0151: remove_status_text $NEOMETER:LabelNEOFLY20007:  5 =  .40007:  7 =  3.10007:  8 =  00007:  11 =  10050: gosub ££LabelNEOSOLIDPLACE0006: 17 =  0:LabelNEOFLYLOOP0001: wait 30 ms00D6: if 00256: defined $PLAYER_CHAR004D: jump_if_false ££LabelNEOLOOPSTART20172: actor $PLAYER_ACTOR.z_angle =  602F6:  3 = sinus 6   //DETERMINE X AND Y OFFSETS02F7:  4 = cosine 6006B:  3 *=  11006B:  4 *=  110013:  3 *= -1005B:  0 +=  3  //IMPLIMENT OFFSETS005B:  1 +=  4005B:  2 +=  50050: gosub ££LabelNEOSOLIDPLACE00D6: if 000E1: key_pressed 0  16004D: jump_if_false ££LabelNEODONEFLYING00D6: if 00019: 17 >  2000004D: jump_if_false ££LabelNEOFLYLOOP000B: 11 +=  .50007:  5 =  00006: 17 =  00002: jump ££LabelNEOFLYLOOP:LabelNEODONEFLYING0001: wait 30 ms00D6: if 00256: defined $PLAYER_CHAR004D: jump_if_false ££LabelNEOLOOPSTART2000F:  8 -=  .04005B:  7 +=  800D6: if 00023:   -2.5 >  7004D: jump_if_false ££LabelNEODONEFLYING20007:  7 = -2.5:LabelNEODONEFLYING20085:  9 =  2005B:  9 +=  7000F:  9 -=  .0402CE:  10 = ground_z 0  1  200D6: if 00025:   9 >  10004D: jump_if_false ££LabelNEOFLYEND005B:  2 +=  70050: gosub ££LabelNEOSOLIDPLACE00D6: if 000E1: key_pressed 0  16004C: jump_if_true ££LabelNEOFLY20002: jump ££LabelNEODONEFLYING:LabelNEOFLYEND0055: put_player $PLAYER_CHAR at 0  1  100108: destroy_object 150002: jump ££LabelNEOLOOPSTART;******************** SPRINTING *********************:LabelNEOSPRINTCHARGE0004: $NEOMETER =  003C4: text_status $NEOMETER bar 1 "FEC_SPN"0006: 16 =  0:LabelNEOSPRINTCHARGING0001: wait 30 ms00D6: if 00256: defined $PLAYER_CHAR004D: jump_if_false ££LabelNEOLOOPSTART20085: 15 =  160016: 15 /=  30008A: $NEOMETER =  1500D6: if 100E1: key_pressed 0  600E1: key_pressed 0  8004D: jump_if_false ££LabelNEOSPRINTCHARGING20050: gosub ££LabelNEOADRENALINE0085:  15 =  160016:  15 /=  30008A: $NEOMETER =  15:LabelNEOSPRINTCHARGING200D6: if 003EE:  is_wanted $PLAYER_CHAR004D: jump_if_false ££LabelNEOSPRINTEND00D6: if 200E1: key_pressed 0  1600E1: key_pressed 0  8004D: jump_if_false ££LabelNEOSPRINTEND00D6: if 00019: 16 >  3001004D: jump_if_false ££LabelNEOSPRINTCHARGING0050: gosub ££LabelKILLNEOTIMER01B4: player $PLAYER_CHAR.frozen = true 001B4: player $PLAYER_CHAR.frozen = false 10006: 17 =  0:LabelNEOSPRINTING0001: wait 30 ms00D6: if 00256: defined $PLAYER_CHAR004D: jump_if_false ££LabelNEOLOOPSTART20085: 15 =  170016: 15 /=  1500006: 14 =  1000062: 14 -=  15008A: $NEOMETER =  1400D6: if 00018: $NEOMETER >  0004D: jump_if_false ££LabelNEOSPRINTEND00D6: if 003EE: is_wanted $PLAYER_CHAR004D: jump_if_false ££LabelNEOSPRINTING0054: 0 = $PLAYER_CHAR.x  1 = $PLAYER_CHAR.y 0172: actor $PLAYER_ACTOR .z_angle =  301B4: player $PLAYER_CHAR .frozen = true 002F6:  4 = sinus 3   //DETERMINE X AND Y OFFSETS02F7:  5 = cosine 30013:  4 *= -.6    //MAKE OFFSETS SMALLER0013:  5 *=  .6005B:  0 +=  4  //IMPLIMENT OFFSETS005B:  1 +=  5000F:  2 -=  1.30055: put_player $PLAYER_CHAR at 0  1  201B4: player $PLAYER_CHAR.frozen = false 100D6: if 100E1: key_pressed 0  1600E1: key_pressed 0  8004D: jump_if_false ££LabelNEOSPRINTEND00D6: if 000E1: key_pressed 0  14004D: jump_if_false ££LabelNEOSPRINTING0050: gosub ££LabelNEOPALETTE0002: jump ££LabelNEOJUMP:LabelNEOSPRINTEND0151: remove_status_text $NEOMETER0002: jump ££LabelNEOLOOPSTART;******************** SUPER JUMPING *********************:LabelNEOJUMP0007:  5 =  00007:  9 =  00050: gosub ££LabelNEOSOLIDPLACE0006: 16 =  0:LabelNEOJUMPLOOP0001: wait 30 ms00D6: if 00256:   defined $PLAYER_CHAR004D: jump_if_false ££LabelNEOLOOPSTART20085:  14 =  170016:  14 /=  1500006:  13 =  1000062:  13 -=  14008A: $NEOMETER =  1300D6: if 00018:   $NEOMETER >  0004C: jump_if_true ££LabelNEOJUMPLOOP20151: remove_status_text $NEOMETER:LabelNEOJUMPLOOP20050: gosub ££LabelNEODIRECTION00D6: if 00019:    16 >  100004D:  jump_if_false ££LabelNEOJUMPLOOP3000F:  5 -=  .0006: 16 =  0:LabelNEOJUMPLOOP3005B:  2 +=  50050: gosub ££LabelNEOSOLIDPLACE00D6: if 00021:    5 > -1.11004D:  jump_if_false ££LabelNEOGLID0002: jump ££LabelNEOJUMPLOOP:LabelNEOGLIDE0001: wait 20 ms00D6: if 00256:   defined $PLAYER_CHAR004D: jump_if_false ££LabelNEOLOOPSTART20085:  14 =  170016:  14 /=  1500006:  13 =  1000062:  13 -=  14008A: NEOMETER =  13       000D6: if 0004C: jump_if_true ££LabelNEOGLIDE20151: remove_status_text $NEOMETER:LabelNEOGLIDE202CE:  7 = ground_z 0  1  2000F:  9 -=  .04005B:  2 +=  900D6: if 00025:    2 >  7004D: jump_if_false ££LabelNEOJUMPEND0087:  8 =  20063:  8 -=  700D6: if 08021:   NOT   8 >  3004D: jump_if_false ££LabelNEOGLIDE3:LabelNEOJUMPEND0055: put_player $PLAYER_CHAR at 0  1  700D6: if 00018:   $NEOMETER >  0004C: jump_if_true ££LabelNEOSPRINTING0002: jump ££LabelNEOLOOPSTART :LabelNEOLOOPSTAR0001: wait 20 ms00D6: if 00256: defined $PLAYER_CHAR004D: jump_if_false ££LabelNEOLOOPSTART200D6: if 000E0: player $PLAYER_CHAR .driving004D: jump_if_false ££LabelISONFOOT:LabelNEOLOOPSTART0001: wait 20 ms00D6: if 00256: defined $PLAYER_CHAR004D: jump_if_false ££LabelNEOLOOPSTART200D6: if 000E0: player $PLAYER_CHAR .driving004D: jump_if_false ££LabelISONFOOT:LabelNEOLOOPSTART20050: gosub ££LabelKILLNEOTIMER0002: jump ££LabelNEOLOOPSTART:LabelNEOADRENALINE00A0: store_actor $PLAYER_ACTOR position_to @0 @1 @20213: @15 = create_pickup #ADRENALINE type  15 at @0 @1 @20363: toggle_model_render_at @0 @1 @2 radius  50.0 object #ADRENALINE  10006: @17 =  0:LabelNEOGLID0001: wait 20 ms00D6: if 00256: defined $PLAYER_CHAR004D: jump_if_false ££LabelNEOLOOPSTART20085: 14 =  170016: 14 /=  1500006: 13 =  1000062: 13 -=  14008A: $NEOMETER =  1300D6: if 00018: $NEOMETER >   0004C: jump_if_true ££LabelNEOGLIDE20151: remove_status_text $NEOMETER:LabelISONFOOT00D6: if  100E1:   key_pressed  0  600E1:   key_pressed  0  9004D:   jump_if_false ££LabelNEOLOOPSTART0050: gosub ££LabelNEOADRENALINE0002: jump ££LabelNEOLOOPSTART:LabelKILLNEOTIMER00D6: if 00018: $NEOTIMER >  0004D: jump_if_false ££LabelKILLNEOTIMEREND014F: stop_countdowntimer $NEOTIMER0004: $NEOTIMER =  0:LabelKILLNEOTIMEREND004D: jump ££LabelNEOLOOPSTART0051: return:LabelNEOGLIDE30050: gosub ££LabelNEODIRECTION0050: gosub ££LabelNEOSOLIDPLACE0002: jump ££LabelNEOGLIDE:LabelNEOPALETTE029B: init_object -389 ADRENALINE  15 at  0  1  201C7: spawn_object $ADRENALINE0363: toggle_model_render_at 0  1  2 radius 50 obj -389 ADRENALINE  00051: return():LabelNEOSOLIDPLACE0108: destroy_object 150055: put_player $PLAYER_CHAR at 0  1  2029B: init_object -389 ADRENALINE  15 at  0  1  201C7: spawn_object $ADRENALINE0363: toggle_model_render_at 0  1  2 radius 50 obj -389 ADRENALINE  00051: return()

please have a look and tell me whats wrong.

also how do i convert this line :

0054: [email protected] = player($PLAYER_CHAR).x; [email protected] = player($PLAYER_CHAR).y; [email protected] = player($PLAYER_CHAR).z

it says too much parmeters and it's less easy to figure then the rest.

Edited by Freakingfreak

Y_Less

That last OpCode completely changed, its now:

0054: store_player $player_char position_in [email protected] [email protected] [email protected]

But, as with alot of player codes in SA, this probably no longer works so you would need:

00A0: store_actor $player_actor position_in [email protected] [email protected] [email protected]

(which is actually already in your code at one point)

Also, your local variables have lost their @'s off the end. These are important as they denote the value as a local variable instead of just a number, e.g. here:

006B: 3 *= 11

You are trying to just do (3 x 11) instead of ((contents of [email protected]) x (contents of [email protected])) which could be anything. And here:

00D6: if 0

0023: -2.5 > 7

004D: jump_if_false ££LabelNEODONEFLYING2

This will blatantly never be true as since when is -2.5 greater than 7? never, but -2.5 MAY be greater than the contents of [email protected] And you have too many parameters here:

008A: NEOMETER = 13 0

You need to get rid of the end 0 (extra text the compiler ignores, extra numbers it doesn't, unless its commented out). You also need the @ on the 13, and here for some reason you've lost the $ from the variable.

I've not actually checked your code, although if its a conversion, I would assume it SHOULD work (though if it will work in SA is another thing), just picked out a few formatting points.