Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,256 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Zeph

[REL|SA|FINAL]Real-Speed mod

Zeph

Real-Speed v1.2 final

A few friends and I have been working on a mod for GTA:SA to give all cars and motorbikes real life speeds. We were a little disappointed with some of the vehicle speeds in san andreas, things like the sanchez and the HPV1000 having the same top speeds, a ferrari having 120mph top speed and a powerfull 500cc racing bike only maxing 110mph let the game down in our eyes; so rather than just moan about it we thought we would try to put things right a little.

Along with their top speeds, all vehicles have had there acceleration tweaked in line with their speeds and realism based on the type of car. The traction on them has been slightly tweaked also depending on the type of vehicle, for example the Bullet - it's pointless having a car that can reach 200mph if it feels like someone has replaced your wheels with butter and your just spinning on the spot. That said, it's all kept within realistic limits though - for example; if you have a sports car on grass and go full throttle it will still spin out on you. The 4x4's can now handle hills alot better, like they should, while the top speeds have been kept down the torqe has been increased to allow for more power at low end.

Download Real-Speed v1.2 final here

Or hosted @ gtagarage here (<- please rate this mod if you download from here. Cheers. smile.gif )

Real-Speed mod Promo Vid.

Real-Speed mod Vehicle Speeds list.

Changelogv1.2 - reworked handling to reduce all vehicles acceleration.      - changed turismo to rear-wd as it should be (R* had made it 4wd for some reason, a 4x4 f40, odd)      - added 'extreme' install option for those stunters who still want the old style RS mod accel speeds.v1.1 - improved installer. fixed oversteer problem on some carsv1.0 - rewrite of all cars/bike tweaks to improve handlingv0.1 beta - first public release

The mod comes complete with its own installer which reads the path to GTA:SA from the registry, so you don't even need to point it at your game. It also gives 3 options, 1 - install Real-Speed mod for all cars and bikes, 2 - install for cars only, 3 - install for bikes only. When you install this mod the installer makes a back up your original file and will restore this file when you uninstall the mod. Security blurb - The installer has been checked and is free from adware, spyware, viri or any other nasties. If you have a problem with using the installer you can always download the zipped version and install manually to your gta:sa/data/ folder, be sure to backup your old files!

The team: Zeph - config, testing, research. Coshy - research, testing. Kamelion - testing, research. Zero3cool - installer.

We really hope you enjoy playing San Andreas with this mod as much as we do, but we really recommend you should wait until after completing the game before installing this mod. Let's not spoil the way the developers wanted us to play the game. cool.gif

This is going to be the last update of the mod so the team want to say greets...

@ gtaforums team - Thanks for the great site, we wouldnt have started the mod without this forum.

@ All the peeps who contacted us with words of encouragment regarding the mod - Thanks alot, we're glad you liked it. smile.gif

@ The players who think it's cool to diss other people's work, in the fitting words of CJ - "F*ck You....cause I don't give a f*ck!"

Special thanks go to these peeps:

R* - for such a great game. Spookie - for his wicked speedometer, this is what started us out on a speed mission. Cerbera - his texts on gta car handling are second to non, this project would be so much less without his detailed info. Uluru - for GarageEdit, it's made this project more fun and less searching. Fordsuck - for his real life car list, it made finding info so much easier.

Edited by Zeph

s-paco

1.1 already? biggrin.gif

Xyzar
<!-- sounds great, i'll have to try it smile.gif -->

Chiller

Nice one, i like stunting 1000 times more now=)

He sould get a star for this one inlove.gif

ReXi

This is just amazing work inlove.gif

Gipsyob

acceration is too fast i think but nice work enyway colgate.gif

Coshy

Acceleration seems fast at first compared to the speeds you are used to. Try it for a couple of hours and when you can weave in and out of traffic at 150mph, ull see what this mods all about man. Collecting horse shoes has never been more fun. biggrin.gif

Ghostsoldier

nice, but I don't like drivin' the nrg 500 anymore.. that's too fast biggrin.gif

Zeph
nice, but I don't like drivin' the nrg 500 anymore.. that's too fast biggrin.gif

hehe, I know what you mean, although Coshy and a friend of mine who does alot of stunt videos absolutely love the NRG now. I find the 900 bike to be the nicest to drive now, it used to be a little weak but now really rides well and has a good top speed. Give that a try instead. wink.gif

Coshy

hehe, I know what you mean, although Coshy and a friend of mine who does alot of stunt videos absolutely love the NRG now. I find the 900 bike to be the nicest to drive now, it used to be a little weak but now really rides well and has a good top speed. Give that a try instead. wink.gif

Hahah, yeah i'd marry the NRG if possible, each to their own I guess. I like all the bikes tho. I had to practice for an hour or two on the 600 and 900 before I could handle the the NRG. That bike is based on the GP500 bikes we beleve and they aint exactly slow. Glad ppl are having fun with it, enjoy. smile.gif

Zeph
I had to practice for an hour or two on the 600 and 900 before I could handle the the NRG.

I think that's the key to enjoying this mod; before deciding it's too fast, give it some time and practice a bit. Once you settle in you won't be able to go back to the default 'slow' car/bike speeds. wink.gif

Old School Hustla

Oh my God!!! The bikes are unbelievable with this mod! This is the #1 ranked mod done so far in my opinion. Great work!!! cookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gif

.:Shady:.

Could you post the files you changed? I'd like to test this for Xbox but the installer wont just extract the files. Thanks smile.gif

Zeph

Could you post the files you changed?  I'd like to test this for Xbox but the installer wont just extract the files. Thanks smile.gif

If you have a problem with using the installer you can always download the zipped version and install manually to your gta:sa/data/ folder, be sure to backup your old files!

smile.gif

Edited by Zeph

.:Shady:.

Oops...

blush.gif

Thanks.

Zeph
Oops...

blush.gif

Thanks.

No problem. I'd be interested to know if/how it runs on xbox though, let me know how you get on if you can. wink.gif

pookgai

The Infernus is the fastest car in the game, why didn't you make the max speed higher?

VTEC_Fiend
The Infernus is the fastest car in the game, why didn't you make the max speed higher?

The Infernus is an imitator of an Acura NSX, which has a top speed of 168mph...

Dragon96

The Infernus is an imitator of an Acura NSX, which has a top speed of 168mph...

Yes, but the Acura NSX doesn't go 0-60 in 1.5 seconds. The to speeds of the cars are realistic but speeds before that isn't. I'd say the accelerations of most cars are way to fast. The only thing that you did was get the top speeds right. Try getting the acceleration realistic if possible.

Darkshadow

could you do the same with planes?? the harrier is TOOOO slow , it should be alot faster than that

Bushman_XXL

yeah , if you set "engineinertia" higher , you will get realistic accelerations , try 60 - 120 , some cars need more ... 200 - 300 when you want the game ultra realistic , but then you wont drive most of your cars up to their topspeed , cause the highways are to short . tounge.gif

Darkshadow

could i manually edit the harrier's speed?

Bushman_XXL

i tried it , it doesnt work ... whatsthat.gif

i dont know why but when you increase the hydra´s speed/acceleration .... nothing happens rah.gif

INVEIGLE
This is just amazing work inlove.gif

Agreed

Dragon96
i tried it , it doesnt work ... whatsthat.gif

i dont know why but when you increase the hydra´s speed/acceleration .... nothing happens rah.gif

If I remember correctly even editing plane handlings in Vice City was done differently than regular cars or bikes. But I don't have the answers to how.

Zeph
The to speeds of the cars are realistic but speeds before that isn't. I'd say the accelerations of most cars are way to fast. The only thing that you did was get the top speeds right. Try getting the acceleration realistic if possible.

If read this: http://www.projectcerbera.com/texts/3vc_ha...celeration.html

Top speed does not rely on anything other than acceleration. However, you can "electronically limit" it by setting the "top speed" parameter to less than the outright top speed. For instance, you could limit a car with an acceleration of 30 to a top speed of 200km/h but could not boost its top speed to 350km/h.

You will understand that to achieve these top speeds in the GTA engine, you NEED to have this sort of acceleration, if you don't you won't reach those top speeds. So although yes, the acceleration times are not realistic, they are required to reach overall top speeds. I won't be trying to change anything in the mod, I like how it currently works and so do most people.

Like I posted in the WIP thread. Some people will love this mod, some hate it - as is life. that_guy2057_evilgrin.gif

snok3k

i loved !! good work cookie.gifShifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gifcookie.gif

Bogus

The planes handeling is really defined by the plane section lower down on the cfg file

; '$' identifies this line as flying handling data when loading;;	A  	B  C  D  E  F  G  H  I  J  K  L  M  N   O  	P  Q  R  S  	T  U  V;;	id    	ThrustFallOff   YawStab  	Roll  	Pitch  FormLift  GearUpR   WindMult	MoveRes  	TurnRes.y  	SpeedRes.x  SpeedRes.z;    Thrust  	Yaw     SideSlip  RollStab  PitchStab  AttackLift  GearDownL    TurnRes.x  TurnRes.z  	SpeedRes.y;;$	SEAPLANE	0.5  0.40	-0.00006  0.002  0.10	0.002	-0.002	0.0002	0.0020	0.020	0.15	1.0  1.0  0.2  1.0  0.998	0.998	0.995  20.0	50.0  	20.0

this is the first bit og the section. Now according to what I can see the first number in the code data for the plane is the thrust and modifying that to a higher number would make it go faster, the line also deals with yaw and the flight dynamics of the place, so if I/we/somone experiments we may be able to make planes more agile and fly better

Ill have a look into more

Bogus

After playing around with the hydra thrust value, it would appear that that is the equivilant of acceleration, going from 1.1 to 15 made it jump to what still felt like its normal top speed. I went and changed the normal line in the car data to have higher acceleration and a higher top speed but that had no apparant effect. Terminal velocity could be hard coded or Im just not finding the right peice of data to alter

Zeph
After playing around with the hydra thrust value, it would appear that that is the equivilant of acceleration, going from 1.1 to 15 made it jump to what still felt like its normal top speed. I went and changed the normal line in the car data to have higher acceleration and a higher top speed but that had no apparant effect. Terminal velocity could be hard coded or Im just not finding the right peice of data to alter

Shouldn't this stuff be posted in the misc editing forum or something, rather than this mods release thread? I know the mods about speed but it's nothing at all to do with planes and I've already said I have no plans to edit plane speeds.