PS2 Controller for PC Version Guide

Wolfmight

My favorite utility to use with gtasa with a ps2 controller is saac 1.2 but until that is updated to work with patched version of the game you can try these free utilities as well:

http://www.digitaltransforms.com/

http://www.immersion.com/products/

this one has forcefeedback testing software as well as those who have steering wheels, though this one has trial versions on there sad.gif

Got these links from "The Adrenaline Vault" artilce on "Top Utilities for PC Gamers" at

http://www.avault.com/articles/getarticle....ame=toputilgame

Has some helpful stuff on there.

wait so if i went ahead and spent the 30 bucks on the logitech one, i wouldnt have to deal with any of these problems you guys are having right? it would just work liek a normal ps2 controller?

wait so if i went ahead and spent the 30 bucks on the logitech one, i wouldnt have to deal with any of these problems you guys are having right? it would just work liek a normal ps2 controller?

You have to manually configure the controls.

oh so id have to go into the menu and be like "x means run" and stuff liek that? and w/ the ps2 and converter i wouldnt have to?

The ps2 joypad is better than the logitech rumblepad2. Because its buttons are analog. They detect 256 different strengts of pushing. So the buttons are kinda analog. And the logitech doesnt have that function. PS2 + converter + SAAC = gaming pleasure

Quadropheniac90
Somebody told me this can also be used with the normal keyboard of the PC. But how then? All I see is joystick controls. Thanks! smile.gif Love it though, it's very nice!
user posted image

Hail forumites! Hail Wolfmight! I come to you today after an exhausting search for information on using my PS2 pad with GTA:SA. Unfortunately, it seems as though my patched Euro edition of the game doesn't like SAAC 1.2 being left running in the background, as it crashes every time. A great pity, as I can see this is really the best utility for th job.

So this is a plea, I'm begging the mighty Wolfmight and the lads at TOCAedit to update their gorgeous little util and make it compatible with the 1.1 GTA:SA. For the love of all things game-related, you've come this far and done such a splendid job, don't let it end here! In the meantime, I'll give that 'Total Controller' thing a try.

Thanks! colgate.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Hail forumites! Hail Wolfmight! I come to you today after an exhausting search for information on using my PS2 pad with GTA:SA. Unfortunately, it seems as though my patched Euro edition of the game doesn't like SAAC 1.2 being left running in the background, as it crashes every time. A great pity, as I can see this is really the best utility for th job.

So this is a plea, I'm begging the mighty Wolfmight and the lads at TOCAedit to update their gorgeous little util and make it compatible with the 1.1 GTA:SA. For the love of all things game-related, you've come this far and done such a splendid job, don't let it end here! In the meantime, I'll give that 'Total Controller' thing a try.

Thanks!  colgate.gif

That's strange, because the software appears to work fine with my "European version 1.1" of San Andreas. I've just sent them a request to update their software. Unfortunately I'm not part of the programming side, so I cannot apply the change myself.

I installed "Spaceeinstein's All In One Mod" after updating to v1.1, so I believe I'm probably using v1.0 files in some areas.

If your having sound issues and you have an N-Force motherboard, I recommend you installing the Realtek drivers for your soundcard instead. All your sound applications will still continue to function, plus San Andreas will have 98%+ less sound errors...if any! I only have a glitch with the rain, but that's better than not being able to hear the cinematics and radio.

Ah, and don't forget my Joy-to-key method. It may be more complicated, but it'll allow you to use that PS2 controller when SAAC 1.2 fails to do so.

Hope this helps

Edited by Wolfmight

Interesting stuf Wolfy. My sound is fine, but I think I'll have a look a the that "All in One" mod- sounds interesting. As for the joy-to-key method- well, I'm sort of getting used to Mouse-WASD now, but I'd like the pad for driving and flying etc. Cheers for the advice man, it's time I had a proper look around the files section methinks...

• 2 weeks later...

I believe you could just configure the driving controls in Joy-to-Key if you only wanted it for flying and driving, but you'd be swapping back and forth from Keyboard-n-Mouse to Joypad. That'd be a pain.

Yeah, it's not bad. I'm doing that now- k+m for foot and all land vehicles, joy for flying vehicles. The only real trouble I've had so far (and I'm at "Riot" now) was with the Jump Jet mission for Mike T. That's a fidgety little bird!

I cant even get the adapter to work in my windows at all. I plug it in and "Usb device not recognized" buble in the corner. I dont know how to get this working.

• 4 months later...

I really think this thread should be pinned. Rockstar still havn't fixed their gamepad issues.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I've just bought a new copy of San Andreas and it's version 2.00. Many modifications don't work with this version sad.gif((((. Could you adapt SAAC to v2.00? It is very important to me. Thanks a lot.

Edited by covall

• 5 months later...

i just found out i have Joy2Key on my HD...lol me...

anyway, i go though a little with it, now i can use d-pad for yes/no relpy, gang control and radio switch. im using 3.7.8 chinese verison, default keyborad setting(except i changed horn's "H" ot "L"), now d-pad runs fine, except (not again...) when you lock your homie, and using "group forward", CJ may move a little bit... others works fine smile.gif

• 1 year later...
Even the d-pad ones work? What about the game menu, y axis glitch, etc?

Man, why didn't rockstar just implement a "PS2 Classic Joypad" present!?!? mad.gif..>..>..>.die.gif >*bang!*> rahkstar2.gif >..*splat.>..ahhhh.>..* dozingoff.gif

no they don't sad.gif and that bugs me... cuz i have vista and the SAAC program won't open either...

no they don't sad.gif and that bugs me... cuz i have vista and the SAAC program won't open either...

WTF You just bumped a topic that had its last post 1 year and 4 months ago.

Dont Bump Topics that are this old!!

no they don't  sad.gif and that bugs me... cuz i have vista and the SAAC program won't open either...

WTF You just bumped a topic that had its last post 1 year and 4 months ago.

Dont Bump Topics that are this old!!

i know.. and i'm sorry... didnt see the date, it was almost at the top so i didnt look at it... sorry

• 1 year later...
does it work in Vice City?

You'll be better off asking in the Vice City forum over here.

Always post in the appropriate forum.

• 10 months later...

Save yourself the trouble. Just buy a USB Generic 12 button Controller. i.e. Logitech Dual Action, or Seitech. The ones I purchased worked straight from the box without any special drivers.

• 4 weeks later...

SAAC is much better

Thats the program that make me injoy in playing gta san andreas

But few days ago i instaled window7 and saac wont wor anymore.... i dont know what to do sad.gif

I have found using a dual-analog Logitech controller works best, I have tried other brands and they all suffer the same problems, they drift or fail to return to center completely even if you recalibrate. Each time you notice that glitch you have to work jiggle the control a bit. The worst one was a "Recoil" controller, in addition to drifting if you watched the calibration screen there would be intermittent spikes of one of the sticks going completely off center for just a microsecond.

• 1 month later...

fixed the dead url links for the SAAC custom controls ini. Now hosted on depositfiles. I believe the file size is so small they don't have any wait time either. instant download

• 1 month later...
the Coyote

Hello all. This is my first post, please go easy. Long time fan of the GTA series though mostly on console.

Long story short, I have San Andreas for the PC now (great music!) and I'm using the saac v1.2 program.. and it's great. Works tons better than Xpadder.

But one question, please:

** Is there a way to set the aim key to R1 or joy 6 (on my controller) without it automatically shooting? **

When pressing R1 (or Joy 6) and using the saac program, it'll bring up the aiming cursor, but it also shoots automatically. I'd like it to just bring up the aiming cursor without firing the gun at the same time.

Please, if anyone's figured out how to do it (i know there's a lot of tweaking that has to be done to get this just right) would you please post the solution. Example: when going through the in-game options and setting Joy6 as R1, it refuses to bring up the aiming cursor.

I'm using a Saitek P990 gamepad. Everything is working fine now except that one thing. I know some keys are automatically binded to certain joypad numbers, but I've fixed all of those except for this one.

thanks

edit:

I'm sorry for bumping an old topic, but this is the only place I could find the help I needed. sorry!

Edit 2:

Fixed! Ok, I had center camera as Joy 5 + Joy 6 (L1 + R1). That made the gun fire automatically. Sorry for bumping this topic, though it is a great, great topic. If I hadn't of Googled searched for something like this I would've never been able to enjoy this game. Thanks all. Been loving and lurking this site for years now. gg!

Edited by the Coyote

• 5 years later...

Using windows 10 64 bit
PS3 Controller

Latest SCP driver @ here " http://forums.pcsx2.net/attachment.php?aid=49784 "

Thread to SCP driver: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wrapper-for-DS3-and-Play-com-USB-Dual-DS2-Controller

SAAC doesn't register any controls besides Left analog stick and L1.
i've tried everything including DLLs and i cannot get it to work please help...

Edited by xelm