New Area above Shoreside Vale

chapman_bobby

PresidentKiller
Darkel - maybe. Would he have had a place or did he live on the streets? Maybe he's got a huge factory out there.

Darkel was supposed to live in that tunnel below St. Mark's in Portland, where the hobos with Molotov cocktails can be found.

uLAyIka.png

GTA3Freak-2001
right lets get this straight, the icecream truck spawns absolutely everywhere, but because it was sooo rare no one hardly saw it, i dont know why many people saw it on shore side vale, if you get in a car, the car you are in is everywhere......its just the game engine, i got in a mr whoopee and was in portland outside the hospital and geuss what i see.......another mr whoopee........and ive seen it everywhere pratically, by the way i think this is goin to be a real revolution ( as if gta3 wasnt anyway) but anyways.......that tunnel on shore side was suposedly to carcer city....the setting of errr manhunt i think but i dont play it, ok the bell rang for skool gotta go

There's no mention of Carcer being anywhere near Shoreside Vale, I am sure Rockstar wouldn't go to the trouble of adding on a whole new city to the back of another. I think they will just create a small moutainous township type thing.

Fluffyinsanity

A PC uses directx compression,the ps2 does not. PC games are generally smaller because of this compression smile.gif

There's no such thing as DirectX Compression lol (unless you are talking about textures, which is completely different and would actually increase the file size). The reason why the game is smaller on PC is because of the radio stations. You may refuse to believe me, but the radio stations are PC are MUCH WORSE quality than the ones on the PS2 Version.

Edited by Fluffyinsanity

gangsta_gunna

GTA3 Freak is right. The only mention of Carcer is in San Andreas and it is said that Carcer is close to San Andreas. San Andreas is on the West Coast Liberty is on the East. Think about it.

gangsta_gunna

GTA3 Freak is right. The only mention of Carcer is in San Andreas and it is said that Carcer is close to San Andreas. San Andreas is on the West Coast Liberty is on the East. Think about it tubbaz. Sorry for the double post my comp froze.

chopper123

maybe darkel hid out in that side of liberty city and removed it so you couldent see him.

Banned on account of serious spamming and request

I'm not gay , I'm not gay but i dance around in a gay gay way. I'm not gay, no no way, Watching me dance will make you gay!

gannonroader

Ok, I read so much stuff in this topic that's incorrect, and i'm not posting this to be a know it all or anything like that, just to help figure out the original question of is this possible on the psp. In my opinion, yes. First thing I noticed that's wrong are the specs. I don't know about everything, but I know the ps2's specs were wrong.

Sony PlayStation 2

2 x Toshiba & Sony Emotion Engine 294.9MHz, Graphics Synthesizer

Sony

Sony PSP

MIPS R4000

Sony

I don't know exactly how fast the psp's processor is, but I know it's not quite equal to the ps2's (which is actually 2 combined to equal 294.9 mhz)

Secondly, when it comes to the size of whats on the dvd of gta3, you have to remember a couple of things. For one, the music in that game (and vice city) is what takes up most of the disc space, which isn't going to work quite the same for psp as you can probably guess. Also, opimization is key. They've been working on this game since the psp was announced almost 2 years ago I believe (give or take) which gives alot of time for optimization especially considering that this game uses minimal time on modeling and texturing considering most are being recycled. I think anythings possible with rockstar. Gta3 was big, vice managed to pull off way more on the same sized disc and san andreas was just insanity size for a ps2 game. Optimization is key. And maybe i'm wrong on this one, but I don't recall any mention of carcer city in san andreas, but I do remember it in Gta3, and I could've sworn it referred to it as a "neighboring" city. Once again, could be wrong. And if I had to guess, I would say carcer city is chicago.

Edited by gannonroader

user posted image

GTA Follower

Hi guys, i'm new to the forum and this is my first post so i'd like to start by saying sorry for my poor grammer. My point is slightly off topic regarding to the previous posts mentioning Carcer City.

Carcer City was mentioned both in SA and gta 3. In 3 it was mentioned briefly on I believe the Lips radio station, the dj says something like "and now to nearby Carcer City where the police chief was cleared of corruption" or something like that. In SA there was an advert on a radio station (can't think of which one) promoting it as a tourist attraction. She says something like "Carcer City an industrial town full of degeneracy and unemployed people". As for where it is, I'd say on the East Coast somewhere near New York.

That's just my input and i'd like to say whatever rahkstar2.gif do i'm sure LCS will be a great game.

chapman_bobby
Ok, I read so much stuff in this topic that's incorrect, and i'm not posting this to be a know it all or anything like that, just to help figure out the original question of is this possible on the psp. In my opinion, yes.

actually my original question was I wonder if it's possible for there to be no loading times after the initial load in the same way that San Andreas had no loading times. I know it's possible on the PSP, because we've seen the screen shots. I'm more interested in how many times we'll have to wait for loads.

1. The cars spawn in categories, meaning if you're driving a flatbed around the stadium, it's more likely a bus will show up. And so forth.

2. Carcer City was already used in Manhunt.

2. Carcer City was already used in Manhunt.

So? Wasn't liberty city used in GTA III.... Even though i'm sure they won't use Carcer city in a GTA game, your statement isn't right.

VampericClaret

Well since no one has really touched on the loading that

chapman_bobby asked about I will. They will mostlikly incorparate the load screan like from 3 and VC. SA used a consant streaming of data so thats why there was no loading between cities. This could be used on the PSP, but this would be a killer on the battey life unlike the load screens.

chapman_bobby

thank you. I didn't think about that battery life issue. I knew how it was done, but didn't pay attention to the battery issue. I always have my psp plugged in. I have a cheap extension cord from the dollar store, and can sit very far from an outlet to play. when in a car I use the car charger. I rarely use it where there is no power at all, so I wasn't concerned with that as others might be.

Another question is could a memory stick be used to dump info on so that when playing the game it loads faster or doesn't have to load at all. Do you know if streaming from the memory stick uses less battery? how weird would it be to buy pro duos with games on them instead of UMD's.

Brown Streak RR

I honestly don't think you will ever see an official game for the PSP on a memory stick. That's the whole point of the UMD's. smile.gif

I will say, in PlayStation Magazine, in the GTA:LCS article, Dan Houser says, "The process of laying the data and code paths out to facilitate elegant streaming automatically ensures we are as battery friendly as possible."

Knowing R* and their tremendous effort into their game titles, I don't think battery life will be a major issue. I mean, sure, it will use up the battery quicker playing LCS than say, Coded Arms, but it won't drain the battery in 5 minutes. I have faith in R*.

Hope that helps a wee-bit.