Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,256 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

TheDude5000

Giving Leviathan a magnet

TheDude5000

Is it possible to give the Leviathan a magnet wherever it spawns? One that can lift any vehicle?

DexX

the magnet is controlled by the mission script. you cna give a magnet to any helicopter (or every i've tried so far), but it doesnt seem to pick up every vehicle type, i've only gotten it to work on cars and bikes so far. no planes, other helis i havent tried.

GodGell

hmm, i thought the skycrane was a special heli (and not simply a leviathan with a magnet on it). after finishing that mission i thought i'll have a skycrane-spawnpoint there, so i turned around, and when i looked back, i suddenly noticed that the skycrane became a victim of recycling. smile.gif i wanted to try fun stuff with it like attaching the magnet to trains and get pulled by them.

TheDude5000
the magnet is controlled by the mission script. you cna give a magnet to any helicopter (or every i've tried so far), but it doesnt seem to pick up every vehicle type, i've only gotten it to work on cars and bikes so far. no planes, other helis i havent tried.

You have actually given them magnets?! Well, I must congratualte you fellow modder, you beat me to it, I was fiddling around with main.scm all day long. But please tell me how you did it, I'd gladly appreciate it, and I will make a mod out of it(if you dont want to) and your name would be credited. Sorry if I look like a n00b, but I must know how! This has been my dream for a while, to dunk cops in the ocean with the leviathan.

Bogus

Can it even be controlled like the import crane? that would be amazing (ie pickup, letgo)

TheDude5000

I hope it can, ashdexx, can you please tell me how to give the Leviathan a magnet whereever it spawns? And how to do it for other vehicles? I dont know how to give vehicles mission scripts, like the magnet, for SA.

GodGell

I hope it can, ashdexx, can you please tell me how to give the Leviathan a magnet whereever it spawns? And how to do it for other vehicles? I dont know how to give vehicles mission scripts, like the magnet, for SA.

i don't think you can create an "event" that fires everytime a vehicle spawns without continously scanning the area around the player (which would slow the game down). so my suggestion would be to wait until a player enters a vehicle, check whether it's a leviathan, and if it is, give it a magnet. or maybe you could even check which spawnpoint it has been spawned by, altough that wasn't possible in VC, dunno about it in SA.

TheDude5000

so my suggestion would be to wait until a player enters a vehicle, check whether it's a leviathan, and if it is, give it a magnet.

I don't know how to even give a vehicle mission script, for SA.

DexX

well either you'll need to learn how to do it, or find someone who can, since thats the only way it can be done. its not too complex though -

click here for more info.

TallgeeseIIII

that's interesting, C4 only sticks to bikes and cars ingame too, it goes right through planes and helis. i guess they can't be affected by 3rd party devices (magnets, C4, anything that calls for sticking to the collision model) like that

GodGell
I don't know how to even give a vehicle mission script, for SA.

same with me. smile.gif i just coded alot (well not alot, but i made 4 mods) in VC and i guessed it can't have changed that much in SA.

now that i've finished the (imfo way too short) storyline, i'll get modding again. biggrin.gif

DexX

that's interesting, C4 only sticks to bikes and cars ingame too, it goes right through planes and helis. i guess they can't be affected by 3rd party devices (magnets, C4, anything that calls for sticking to the collision model) like that

im hoping its something thats editable in the collision files, and not hardcoded..

*waits for SA col editor*

GodGell

i'm trying to make a mod that gives your heli the magnet automatically, here is the thead for it: http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=199045

problem is, when creating the new thread for the loop, the game crashes for apparently no reason. i have created threads many times in VC and it looks like it's the same way in SA, yet something causes it to crash. if any of you SA-trained modders would help me with that problem i'll be able to do the mod myself (simple thing, i just didn't expect the game to crash if i create a new thread).

TheDude5000

Where in the main.scm do I put this?

0788: enable_heli $yourheli magnet 1

And can I lift any vehicle with the magnet? Besides planes and helis?

GodGell
Where in the main.scm do I put this?

0788: enable_heli $yourheli magnet 1

And can I lift any vehicle with the magnet? Besides planes and helis?

lol, it depends on the script. smile.gif

it looks like it can't be used to lift planes or helis, only cars and bikes.

and by the way, yesterday i completed the mod!

download it here: http://195.56.46.139/sa/magnetmod/main.scm

sighko

it crashes my sa, any clues?

DexX

you have to start a new game to use it.

GodGell
it crashes my sa, any clues?

did you try loading a savegame? if so, don't. start a new game. loads of script-specific info is saved into the savegames, and that's why a savegame only works with the same main.scm as it was saved with. hopefully there'll be a tool to correct that sometime, but i don't think it'll be anytime soon. sad.gif