2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Official "Buglist" (PC Version)

Nothing wrong with those specs, mate. Are you using onboard gfx, because that sort of problem seems to occur with below spec gfx cards or onboard.

You could also try defragging if you haven't done that in a while.

I run 800x600x16 low detail, at 15-25 fps, i think there is something wrong - but i know what it is... i do indeed have onboard, which is quite sh*t and could be the cause to alot of problems, but i think a defrag could help, so thanks for that. I'll try to remember to do it tonight. smile.gif

I have what would now be considered a bargain-basement video card: a WinFast A340 T GeForce FX 5200 128MB DDR. I run GTA:SA in 1024x768x32, Visual FX: Low. Frame rates vary depending on what's going on; I'm guessing an average of about 20-25 fps, which is fine and I'm used to it.

I downloaded a mod to get rid of the annoying clouds that seem to turn the game into a slideshow when flying. Clouds are good, but for my next video card, not this one tounge.gif

The defrag did absolutely sh*t all... still have blue peds. confused.gif

It must be the onboard video, then, which are notoriously below-basic in performance.

I have the same problem.I am running a brand new ati x1300 512mb ddr2.It ran fine for one day then crap.loaded up a save and all characters includeing cj have no textures at all.blue or white outside in daytime and black or red/brown at night or inside a dark room.Doom3,Riddick,Farcry,Pirates all run fine.I hope someone has a clue the game played well for me till now.

system spec.

amd 2400+

1 gig pc 3200

250 gb wd sata

visiontek ati x1300 512mb ddr2

• 3 weeks later...

Last August, I purchased a new vid car(ATI radion700) and a SB X-Fi. I was able to play the game and complete with out issues. Just a week ago, the lockups started again. They would just radomly happened when I would get into vehicles or enter buildings. Sucks.

• 2 weeks later...

Err.... I dont know whether I'm the only one facing this bug...

When I accepted the 'Fender Ketchup' mission (a guy tied up to a car windshield), and during the cutscene when Carl was driving out of the garage, the car got stuck there (the game is still running well), the tires keep moving foward but 'something' blocked the car from going through...

*note that it's still in cutscene...* sad.gif

I also noticed a verry anoying bug. I know people will know this one: Playing the game, everything will appear perfectly, besides the shadows, they look green, just like the water in the game. I'm running on a XFX 6600 GT 128 mb AGP card, P4 3.0 ghZ and 512 mb ram, shouldn't be a problem I guess. Does anybody know this problem and how to fix it?

Thanks in advance

Ps I'm always downloading the latest drivers, running on Direct-X 9.0c newest update and newest AGP mainboard drivers. Already tried to flash bios, without result.

cryani.gifdie.gif

user posted image

Edited by Marblijb
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

yea bump, whatever. this topic is pretty much useless at this point anyway, since the chances of R* doing another SA patch are about 1 in a googolplex. But nonetheless, i did find this quite interesting.

First install of SA, my controls were messed beyond recognition. Half the weapons in the game simply would not fire, no matter what what the "Fire" button was assigned to, but the same weapons that would not work on foot, worked when i did a driveby, like the SMG.

Now, i've recently formatted and re-installed (windows, gta, everything), and i have the opposite problem. Drivby's don't work anymore, at all. But! now all the weapons work when im on foot. Truly, and utterly bizarre notify.gif

• 4 weeks later...

they still working on another patch??? if so, i hope they will fix texture corruption in 16-bits color mode, and fix the incorrect color in 16-bits color mode(the grasses is grey...)

• 3 weeks later...

This is only meant for bugs that affect gameplay, they crash your game, a cutscene doesn't end and you have to ctrl-alt-del to close it, features that were in the ps2 version but not the pc (not the 2 player, thats nots a bug), stuff like that. i'll get the ball rolling. These are features i would specifically like patched, if there is to be an official patch!

-The Cars Don't Get dirty, they're ALWAYS dirty. they dont get clean! On the PS2, the cars actually got dirty, and you were able to clean them by going to a pay and spray, on the pc that doesn't happen. example (ps2):

user posted image

-the Semis, and other dual rear-wheel vehicles, no longer have dual real wheels:

PC:

user posted image

PS2:

user posted image

i know, those dont really affect gameplay, but for f*cks sake, what the hell R*? you had them in the ps2, and they were nice touches! what the f*ck?!

I agree.. It's one of them asthetics things. WTF.. A fresh paint job and it looks like you just did the Badlands A AND B races. Such shoddy work at the ol' Pay & Spray!

But funny thing... I think I've found a way to clean a car. That's the good news. Bad news - you have to blow it up to make it look CLEAN. die.gif

I noticed this AFTER I installed a new video card - a GeForce 7300 GS which replaced the onboard GeForce 6100. I cranked up the res and detail levels and noticed cars that went BOOM didn't look right - they were CLEAN! Not a spec of dirt on 'em. Of course, they're not exactly very useful at that point either.

Edited by Wolfie2k5
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's my problem...i posted this problem earlier but not getting much response...

I've done all regular missions up to Wu Zi Mu. Everything worked fine up till now. The problem:

After driving from Catalina's down to Wu Zi Mu's, the cutscene plays through fine, but after its finished, I get a black screen with no sound or anything. If I hit ESC, I get the pause menu just fine and in working order. If I hit ESC again to close the menu, I go back to the black screen but now the radio is playing and it sounds like I can hear the traffic going by as well. Quite frustrating because I want to move on, but I can't because this is holding me back. Any help would be great!

• 3 months later...

Well I have this bug and this is strange and because I have to go to a mission where it's in middle of nowhere in it's above the seas and it's off the map I'm thinking I need to reinstall the game. Also I will give the link to the video that I took of 1 bug. Also there is a hard to tell bug which have an effect during gameplay and when you pause the game and resume the game the thing becomes brighter and cj won't load sad.gif so hope I can fix this by reinstalling the game or I will just quit playing it because I played it before and I have problems.Oh and my mouse sometimes won't work and it won't move but my keyboard is ok and I tried many stuff but it won't work sad.gif

link to the vid is http://web26.hopto.org:443/docs/gtasabug.wmv

This sometimes don't work and I will put up another if it fails too many times.

Edited by cjbrother

mine plays flawlessly, but i would reccomend not turning on frame limiter, it gave me a headache, and its very important if you have a pitiful graphics card sed the fx quality to low and the drawing distance to 1 or 0 or the game will crash, and on my GTA: SA not all cars are dirty, maybe its because i have the second edition. and when it rains i hear every sound detail. flawless.

• 2 weeks later...
This is only meant for bugs that affect gameplay, they crash your game, a cutscene doesn't end and you have to ctrl-alt-del to close it, features that were in the ps2 version but not the pc (not the 2 player, thats nots a bug), stuff like that. i'll get the ball rolling. These are features i would specifically like patched, if there is to be an official patch!

-The Cars Don't Get dirty, they're ALWAYS dirty. they dont get clean! On the PS2, the cars actually got dirty, and you were able to clean them by going to a pay and spray, on the pc that doesn't happen. example (ps2):

user posted image

-the Semis, and other dual rear-wheel vehicles, no longer have dual real wheels:

PC:

user posted image

PS2:

user posted image

i know, those dont really affect gameplay, but for f*cks sake, what the hell R*? you had them in the ps2, and they were nice touches! what the f*ck?!

-The game peridocally crashes for pretty much no reason. unable to reproduce at will

-Sound skips sometimes, or lowers itself in volume, to being unhearable

-For the life of me, i cannot get radio commercials to play between my user tracks. if its in the game, it doesnt work for me. if you removed it, wtf?

i know theres lots more people...

I found this fix fo rthe dirty cars!

It makes the cars always clean

http://www.thegtaplace.com/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=616

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a strange problem here...

In the San Fransico Mission, where ur pimping for Jizzy...

Right in the start of the Mission when I just talked and agreed to do the pimping for Jizzy, and I wanna go inside the pimp car, I get inside the car, but it still says, "Get ind the Pimpmobile" and the blue arrow is still on top of the car...

I have a Pic of it, but I don't know how to post it sad.gif...

HELP ME PLZ!???

I havent seen this "minor" bug listed but it keeps happening to me all the time. Biggest problem is you waste a little cash and end up with a ugly car.

I take my car to the mod shop (arch angel wheels in SF) get it painted with one of the 3 fancy custom jobs and store it in the garage. When i shut the game off, restart and open the garage, the car is all white. It loses its paint completely. If i choose a regular color as a paint job, it stays.

It happens at CJs starter house garage in LS too. I drove a arch angel modded car there and stored it in the garage, its all white and blah now.

I have no user mods on my game. And no other real issues. No crashes or graphical errors besides the missing paint. SA actually runs smoother than VC or 3. Wierd bug...

alien.gif Hey, guys dunno if somebody already wrote that but its a little difficult to read 12 sites in slang based english... biggrin.gif

My Prob is I reached 100% and now every torturing machine in the Gyms say, that I have reached my Limit, no matter how long the last unit of training is ago...

Dont want to train muscles by running through the streets with my rocket launcher.

alien.gif Hey, guys dunno if somebody already wrote that but its a little difficult to read 12 sites in slang based english... biggrin.gif

My Prob is I reached 100% and now every torturing machine in the Gyms say, that I have reached my Limit, no matter how long the last unit of training is ago...

Dont want to train muscles by running through the streets with my rocket launcher.

You need to change your clothes and go back in.

I think this is related to people on the streets hinting that you need a shower. Even though there are no showers in the game, they are implying that you havent changed your guys clothes in a while.

Worked for me.

I have XP, a pentium 4, and 2 gigs of RAM. My biggest problem in this game is that when I try to aim the weapon, it goes in circles around CJ no matter how much I try to drag it back to the right with the mouse. This game is a bug filled piece of sh*t, and I'm about to sell it to some poor sucker if I can't fix this sh*t.

I have XP, a pentium 4, and 2 gigs of RAM. My biggest problem in this game is that when I try to aim the weapon, it goes in circles around CJ no matter how much I try to drag it back to the right with the mouse. This game is a bug filled piece of sh*t, and I'm about to sell it to some poor sucker if I can't fix this sh*t.

It's a pity the Search feature of this forum is disabled now... Anyway, San Andreas isn't a piece of sh*t.

Do you have a game controller plugged in to your PC? If you do, try unplugging it and see if CJ stops spinning.

It's a pity the Search feature of this forum is disabled now... Anyway, San Andreas isn't a piece of sh*t.

Do you have a game controller plugged in to your PC? If you do, try unplugging it and see if CJ stops spinning.

No, I'm using mouse and keyboard. I'm going to buy a USB game pad though. Hopefully it will work then. I doubt it though.

i vw got the same problem..i' musing a joypad. when i unplug it, it stops mooving..

how could i fix this problem ando continue to use the joypad ?