Highest resolution to San Andreas PC

GTA-3-beta

hello

The highest resolution to San Andreas PC should be 2048x1536. But the highest I can get is 1280x1024. How do set my resolution on 2048x1536?

I see that this is wrong forum, can someone move it to the right forum?

Tobias

Edited by GTA-3-beta

The higest your monitor will go is 1280x1024 confused.gif I'd expect you to know that!

Yes, I know that... is there any way to make it go up to 1600X1200 or someting?

You would have to buy a monitor that supports a higher resolution in order to get beyond 1280x1024

there us a way to put it on 2048X1536 if you have nvidia click right click with the mouse on the desktop and click on NVIDIA display>viewsonic E70f i have geforce4 mx 440... in the menu click on screen resolutions then you will see the resolution choice but first click on the button thet next to hide modes thet this monitor cannot support and then up you can change to 2048X1536 wink.gif

add:its no work sad.gif

Edited by Cool_Man

GTA3Freak-2001
It won't work because your monitor doens't support it, to get higher resolutions you need to have a monitor to support it.

BlackJadeScorpion

My LCD monitor native resolution is 1600x1024, yet GTA: SA doesn’t recognize my LCD resolution. sad.gif

However, Grand Theft Auto Vice City & Grand Theft Auto 3 have no problem running or using my LCD native resolution.

So what gives? How can I fix this? notify.gif

My LCD monitor native resolution is 1600x1024, yet GTA: SA doesn’t recognize my LCD resolution. sad.gif

However, Grand Theft Auto Vice City & Grand Theft Auto 3 have no problem running or using my LCD native resolution.

Hmmmm.. that is an odd native resolution. Is it a widescreen display? I would think it would be 1600x1200 and not 1600x1024. 1280x1024 maybe but not 1600x1024.

What is the make and model of that LCD display you have?

Edited by darkfiber

BlackJadeScorpion

Hmmmm.. that is an odd native resolution. Is it a widescreen display? I would think it would be 1600x1200 and not 1600x1024. 1280x1024 maybe but not 1600x1024.

Yes its 1600x1024…….its a SGI 1600SW Widescreen LCD

All my games including the previous GTA series recognize this resolution, except GTA: SA.

....i think you just have a disfigured/dismembered moniter tounge.gif

Noooo

All my games including the previous GTA series recognize this resolution, except GTA: SA.

Noooo

Check out this post ...

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread....7&post2563207

He says in regards to GTA:VC...

"Grand Theft Auto: Vice City - I highly praise Rockstar Games for making this one easy to set. I simply choose "1776x1000x32" from the Display Setup menu and then I set the "Widescreen" option to "ON". Who could ask for more? Although the on-screen map shows as an oval, Tommy Vercetti's Vice City environment is in the proper aspect ratio. Round things appear round. Although I'm sure that a small part of the image is chopped-off due to slight overscan, the HUD in GTA: Vice City isn't up against the edges of the screen like some games (UT2003), so the HUD is unaffected."

Maybe that works in San Andreas?

BlackJadeScorpion

Noooo

Check out this post ...

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread....7&post2563207

He says in regards to GTA:VC...

"Grand Theft Auto: Vice City - I highly praise Rockstar Games for making this one easy to set. I simply choose "1776x1000x32" from the Display Setup menu and then I set the "Widescreen" option to "ON". Who could ask for more? Although the on-screen map shows as an oval, Tommy Vercetti's Vice City environment is in the proper aspect ratio. Round things appear round. Although I'm sure that a small part of the image is chopped-off due to slight overscan, the HUD in GTA: Vice City isn't up against the edges of the screen like some games (UT2003), so the HUD is unaffected."

Maybe that works in San Andreas?

I will try PowerStrip............Thanks!!