3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

No Planes

NathanHenry

No planes in GTA:LCS. Man this Totally Sucks. what is so wrong with putting planes, helicopters, and Parachutes. I mean they did put Planes, Helicopters, and Parachute in GTA:SA and it work out perfectly. but why couldn't they have all of these airborne vehicles in GTA:LCS. I just don't get it. I guess i am gonna have to wait for the Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City team to get GTA:LC running on a SA engine to be able to use Planes, Helicopters, Parachutes, and etc.

...ok, this is coming out for psp...not ps2. isn't it obvious that there are more limitations for the psp? duhhh dozingoff.gif

...... Yea space on psp is nowere close to the ps2,they had to limit it . ..........

I would imagine there will be alot of stuff that was in SA that wont be on the PSP version, But we may be suprised.

Im not that fussed about the planes not being in it, with the screen size it may look tiny and stupid anyway, Aslong as the game is big and fast, thats all I want.

Not being a techy but im sure the more stuff like planes etc you have the more power the machine has to work harder, using more battery? Am I wrong?

If planes and the like were introduced into the world of GTA LCS, then R* would need to add soooo much more model and scenery detail to LC. Without planes, you don't need to finish off tops of buildings, make them solid and make sure the world keeps illuding from all angles. The amount of memory the addition of planes would have, would be too great for the UMD to take.

Kudrun.

Ok now for those of you guys who dont know about the UMD disc size there pretty big. talking with people and researching about the UMD discs they can hold alot more than one Playstation 2 DVD disc thanks to its new blue laser in the Playstation Portable, so putting in planes and making the rooftops solid doesnt take up much space on a UMD disc and as we all know Liberty City does not take up much space as much as San Andreas and UMD discs hold more than the San Andreas game.

Ok now for those of you guys who dont know about the UMD disc size there pretty big. talking with people and researching about the UMD discs they can hold alot more than one Playstation 2 DVD disc thanks to its new blue laser in the Playstation Portable, so putting in planes and making the rooftops solid doesnt take up much space on a UMD disc and as we all know Liberty City does not take up much space as much as San Andreas and UMD discs hold more than the San Andreas game.

Excellent stuff, thanks for the info George.

Would having more lets say...complex things use more power thus use more battery? I think the game makers are doing everything they can to preserve the battery on the PSP?

Plus my point about the screen size, would planes look kinda stupid being very small? I suppose we wouldnt know until we saw how it would be used, but dosent look like we will be now.

Maybe rahkstar2.gif can come with a surprise they say that they are not going to put planes but when we get the game maybe there is

Sorry for my high dreams

Ok now for those of you guys who dont know about the UMD disc size there pretty big.  talking with people and researching about the UMD discs they can hold alot more than one Playstation 2 DVD disc thanks to its new blue laser in the Playstation Portable, so putting in planes and making the rooftops solid doesnt take up much space on a UMD disc and as we all know Liberty City does not take up much space as much as San Andreas and UMD discs hold more than the San Andreas game.

What are you talking about? The UMD size is about 1,8gig, which is about 3 times less than a DVD.

The blu ray thing you're talking about is the BluRay disc that is gonna be used for the PS3 discs, which can hold about 50gigs in dual layer.

Anyway, they could add planes and such in the game, but the limitation of the PSP's batteries make it so if the draw distance is the same as the ps2 GTA 3, it would get them (them being the batteries) down fast, unless rockstar finds a way to make it so it doesnt always stream data (The biggest thing that makes it so the batteries doesnt last long).

gtaneedsmorejets

Damn it! I was hoping that there was going to be the dodo( Well atleast the full size wings one). But what about the newer vehicles? But then again what about the Jetpack?

If you read the mission scripts you would see that it said in the 2nd mission, "Ignoring the smoking cars, we steal a chopper..." which probably indicates that there will be planes.

If you read the mission scripts you would see that it said in the 2nd mission, "Ignoring the smoking cars, we steal a chopper..." which probably indicates that there will be planes.

*sigh*, must this be explained be explained again.

By chopper, it means bike. It is probrabbly a freewway.

We currently have no definate word on air vehicles, but I seriously would not get your hopes up.

• 3 weeks later...

I might be missing something here, but the draw distances in San An on the PS2 aren't exactly brilliant. Also, neither GTA3 or VC had streaming off the disc (hence the load screens when moving from one island to the next), and I can't for a second imagine that R* will use streaming - so that argument doesn't negate the possibility of flight.

I would think that the key limiter to flight in game is how ridiculously small everything would be - after all the GTA:LC team have helicopters and have resolved (most of) the map problems, such as lack of rooftops on the buildings. If an unpaid mod team can sort that out, I'm sure R* have the resources to do this in about a week. How difficult can it be given the proper SDK?